Trichome shots!

Cool to see the hairs on the pistils waiting for pollen

2 Likes

Salutations GordonGecko,

Most certainly, but it depends on what eyes are looking at it sometimes. For example:

La Semaine Verte - La botanique du désir – Le cannabis (partie 2)​

{ WARNING: Anthropomorphism content serving bigot propaganda on national Canuck TV! In Harper days, as if it made any difference… }

[ www-tc.pbs.org/thebotanyofdesire/botany_of_desire_transcript.pdf ]
PBS: The Botany of Desire (transcript as .PDF document dated 2009-Sep-22)

{ Oups!! Imported from the states! :us: }

Page 28:

Narrator

« Female marijuana plants produce a sticky resin that catches the pollen that male plants produce. That resin is highly psychoactive. To trick the females into making more of it, the growers keep male plants exiled from the grow room. »

Male Grower

« So in essence what you’re seeing is extreme sexual frustration. This room is full of women who are looking for some guy to come by and give them some pollen so they can create seeds and they try harder and harder as time passes and the more unsuccessful they are, the more the production of the resins that is intended to attract pollen, increase. And that increases the psychoactive elements of the plant. »

Ha! Ha! I Quote again, it’s just too much: « …a sticky resin that catches the pollen… »

Got that one, right?! :laughing: Correct me if i’m mistaking but is that even possible??

:hushed:

And the best part of it, those glistening secretions (from the film) actually express “extreme sexual frustration” that ultimately boosts our own buzz!! …

Gee! Now my underpants are wet!

PouHa! Ha! Ha! Pure Canuck style.

In The Name Of Children.

8 Likes

Lol resin catching pollen
I do think they are doing everything they can to mate

I wonder if you could zoom in on the pistils hairs enough would the hairs have hairs?

2 Likes

Hi again GordonGecko,

The reason why i doubt resin was meant to capture pollen (and deliver it inside a calix…) it the amount of trichome glands distributed over large surfaces ELSEWHERE while i find hard to tell from a picture if those tiny antennas really are sticky or just wet with some water-based coating, at least when still fresh…

It only makes sense, but how come did natural evolution cause cannabis flowers to cover with resin this much while its pair of pollen-collecting organs are so tiny and clean in comparison: it doesn’t match.

Or maybe the amount of resin which happens to stick to hairs is just right when it comes to selecting only the most viable pollen, by challenging mobilization of the weak. But do these hairs secrete resin themselves anyway??

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

Some nice cluster shots

14 Likes

So, would you consider those mostly cloudy or clear or?

Im still trying to get my head around how to judge trichomes for when to harvest.

On the last pics mostly cloudy, minimally clear and very few amber…

Where as these, as you can see, are what more of a clear trichome mostly, very few cloudy… though the glare causes it to look that way

Plus I can’t get a decent up close on this plant yet

6 Likes

So, does that mean you’re ready to harvest that one?

That one comes down tomorrow yes an out zoomed pic of those particular trichs belong to this bud here

And if you zoom in that pic a but you can see what I mean with variences… some are shiny clear ones most are cloudy looking and a few are brownish gold

11 Likes

instant cookie

6 Likes

Seed forming.

Miss Money Penny pollen and a Jacked Up X C99 flower.

8 Likes

That’s pretty awesome… not gonna lie

1 Like

Just starting playing with an old loupe I had. This is kind of cool.

I’ll try some daylight shots at harvest.

Miss Money Penny F2’s on the way.

10 Likes

When I start looking, I’m on them for 25-30 minutes just taking in the cool sights …

That eye straistrain though lol

2 Likes

I have already starting taking lots of pics and selecting the few that come out in focus.

This is just a bit too primitive, and I will eventually upgrade.

99%

PSS Blow UP. Yeah, this is a cool feature too.

5 Likes

A touch primitive yea… I’ve been adjusting the pictures for the really good shot… finding the most clear bit of the picture and cropping out the surroundings and enlarging it…

I found a really clear spot on the last pic you posted and focused on the bottom left corner and got this pic from an already amazing shot

9 Likes

Grand Daddy Purple (dried)

Jeeesh, these trics still look clear.

11 Likes

I think you rolled it in literally sugar or glass for this pic! :wink: playing

Still such a super sparkly specimen!!

Grand Daddy Purple.

I failed to get seeds out of this one too. She requires a half a year in flower it seems, lol.

I am going to try for seeds again in the next week or so with very small version. I am going to run that plant until it falls over.

99%

1 Like

Yea I followed your grow and it seemed like it took forever, but patience yields positive results cuz look at that!!! Haha

I’m gonna try to do one big plant this year and veg her to 3ft or so and flip her…

But back on topic, I don’t mind getting lost in the loupe every now and then… it’s like a big game of where’s waldo with cloudy and amber trichs lol

1 Like