Vernal's Basement Follies

Here she is again, Ohio Lemon G. 9 weeks in:

Cheetos by @santero. About 9 weeks. The tall girl. Earthy dank OG kush type smell. Most excellent. The shorter female is drying now; small yield but superb quality. Stinks, too.

29 Likes

@vernal you do amazing work! I love watching! Keep it coming! Blessings!! One question are you making any hybrids with the Ohio ?

8 Likes

Lemon G x Bandaid Haze upcoming maybe in 6-8 months!

10 Likes

Wow! I think I have some of those in the vault. That is spectacular! Iā€™ve got to dig those out and pop a few. RESPECT bro.

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

1/2 oz of bubble, ā€œsaltwater tekā€. Itā€™s fresh as can be, made 24 hours ago, still gonna cure and darken a bit, but there she is in all her glory. I donā€™t microplane, just press into patties. Microplaned hash takes lovely pictures but gimme the old school semi-oxidized bubble all day. It may sound odd, but the microplaned stuff tastes too much like fresh weed, you need some oxidation for that classic hashy sweet taste. Just my opinion, people take concentrates very seriously lol.

About 1/3rd fresh frozen buds 2/3rd semi-dry trim. 73u & 25u only.

17 Likes

I consider the oxidation curing for hash when it gets a nice dark skin :fire:

7 Likes

I just love that sweet hashy weedy taste only oxidized bubble gives. Strain specific microplaned freeze dried fresh frozen 6 star and every other adjective is amazing, tastes exactly like a rubbed nug smells, dabbable, etc, which is awesome, but I prefer a blend of that with the classic hashy note. I donā€™t dab anymore, so I really prefer flavor I can taste out of a chillum. I donā€™t do hash joints, they burn weird. End hash rant lol.

@TheShowMeHomie SSH x SS dumps bubble hash, Lemon G will make any hash loud as all get out.

God I love hash.

14 Likes

Itā€™s something I havenā€™t gotten into yet. Itā€™s on my list because who doesnā€™t love hash.

Thatā€™s a wild look in that pic. I havenā€™t seen it like that before. Iā€™m not in that scene or buying anything atm so Iā€™m out of the loop.

I want to get the gear to make hash in the near future. Itā€™s just another project Iā€™ve always wanted to take up. Enjoy!

7 Likes

IMO, people take it a little too serious. Heady-brah type stuff. If you exclusively dab itā€™s a whole other world. Hash connoisseurs are a bit beyond my abilities.

That picture was in sunlight, freshly pressed so itā€™s unusually light, itā€™ll darken considerably over a couple weeks. But, good bubble doesnā€™t have to be difficult.

3 bags, a 5 gallon bucket, cardboard, good frosty material, and a good strong ladle is all you need. If you need any tips lemme know. Less than $50 worth of materials produces 1/2 oz of great hash per light every harvest off of trim and lower buds. Good bubble at wholesale prices is quite high, and itā€™s a rarity in the market.

13 Likes

In a world of waxes and rosins be bubble :smirk:

8 Likes

Beautiful work, @vernal! Looks like a mosaic tile Iā€™d use as a kitchen backsplash!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s some great looking hash. Nice job!

3 Likes

How dry do you get your material before freezing?

1 Like

Fresh frozen completely wet off-the-plant material makes the best hash, but the yield is lower.

At harvest, I clip off all the less dense lower 1/3rd of the plant flowers and freeze those. When the plant is dry enough to trim, but still sorta moist, I freeze all that semi-dry trim.

Nothing stopping you from using dry material whatsoever, itā€™s still excellent and yields are much better.

Expect around 5% return for fresh frozen, 10% for dry material.

8 Likes

@Terpycollection I think this might be the closet thing to the piff you were talking about in the communityā€¦when it came through the Lou a couple times 20 years ago it was called Church I thought they were different but perhaps not

2 Likes

That hash looks like my granite countertops

5 Likes

They are the fly fishermen of the Ganja scene.

And Nice looks buds. Frosty!! :v:

8 Likes

Iā€™d definitely like to pick your brain some day. I need to find a way to use all of this dry stuff. I was making oil and some wax but itā€™s a lot of loss if you donā€™t have a distiller to get the alcohol back.

Iā€™ll keep following along. I may have a few bucks to spend in a couple of weeks, and would like to buy the ghetto minimum to produce good hash to smoke for me.
peace

4 Likes

Two 5 gallon buckets, clean. One bucket is to do the work in, the other bucket is just for ice cubes and water. Use ice water to fill the working bucket, add material, then add fresh ice.

1 wooden spoon or ladle with a sturdy handle. The slotted metal spoon my wife uses for cooking is amazing, just make sure you put it back not covered in weed crumbs.

$30 5 gallon bubble bag set from amazon. I like the all-mesh ones, but any will do.

40lbs of ice.

A piece of cardboard (to dry hash on) and a spoon to collect hash from the bags with.

Takes me about an hour start to finish to process 1/2lb of dry material.

The more you stir, the more you get, but the quality decreases also. I stir aggressively for about 5 minutes and ā€œpullā€ out the bags and let drain. Then you scoop out your hash, and put the bags back in. Repeat this until the hash yields diminish and start turning green (this means quality is declining and thereā€™s no point in continuing). I do 3-5 ā€œpullsā€.

Itā€™s very simple and intuitive, youā€™ll have the hang of it after doing it just once. Thereā€™s all sorts of little tricks and techniques but thatā€™s 90% of it right there. Just make 100% sure the bags are set correctly, thatā€™s the only way to mess it up. Finer mesh on bottom, coarser mesh on top. Ex: 220-160-90-73-45-25. I only use 220-73-25 bags.

If I were in your shoes, though, Iā€™d look intro dry ice. The speed is unparalleled. I havenā€™t tried it yet, but 5 minutes vs 1hr is tough to beat.

17 Likes

To tack on to your awesome write-up: Be careful on ordering the bubble bags and check them when you get them, Iā€™ve ordered from amazon and directly through bubblebagdude and both times I was sent the wrong bags. Ordered 5gallon bags and was sent 25 gallon bags with the 5gallon bag sticker and paperwork on it, so yeah, take them out of the black bag they come in and check them while you still have a return window.

And dry ice sift is amazingly quick and easy!
My local grocery store sells dry ice for $1.99/lb, need about a pound per ounce of material youā€™re going to sift.

Use a hammer or something to break up the dry ice into little chunks maybe an inch in diameter or so, doesnā€™t need to be exact. Donā€™t touch this stuff with your bare-hands, can super easily and quickly give you frostbite.

Youā€™re still gonna use the all mesh bubble bags, specifically only the 220 bag.
Youā€™ll also need a long table or flat surface, as flat as possible and preferably at least 4ft long.

Pour your trim/herb into the 220 bag, pour the dry ice on top and let it sit for 3-5min to get everything frozen. Then pick up the bag and start shaking the bag over the table/surface. The sift literally just pours out, stop when it starts turning green(~2min) and discard your trim/herb/dry ice and collect all that sweet sweet dry sift.

Literally did 6 ounces in about 5 minutes worth of work(shaking). It took longer to set up, or to collect the hash, then it did to actually sift it out :rofl:

14 Likes