What are the best led lights available currently?

No offense taken. Welcome to overgrow by the way.

4 Likes

So what I here you saying is I should stick with my HPS until I can afford $600-$1000 for a LED? One Loveā€¦
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I currently run a timber 250 watt cob cree 3590 led. Iā€™ve had it a little over 2 years and itā€™s a great light. What would you suggest I look into to up grade? Would like to diy to save some $, but Iā€™m not the most mechanically inclined lol!

4 Likes

Absolutely, yes, or build a couple of light fixtures from LED strips for around $500 USD all-in. Itā€™s really like anything else in life - spending in the median price range, especially if you DIY, can get you top shelf results that the low end never will.

Those Timbers were very good for their time, two or three years ago. Technological advances have overtaken them and theyā€™re still GOOD if you own them, but theyā€™re no longer great for the money if youā€™re buying new.

Quite frankly, I wouldnā€™t upgrade for another 3-4 years if I were you. There was a pretty high capital cost associated with those Timbers a few years ago and, depending on where youā€™re at, theyā€™re just now starting to provide a ROI compared to HPS over that same timeframe. At least thatā€™s what it looked like in my state - 2 or 3 year ROI when compared to similar coverage HPS, calculated from energy savings and no bulb replacements.

So yeah, squeeze a few more years out of those Timbers. They should have almost no output degredation after 5 years, and the honest truth is that these new mid-power diode strip builds, while good, are only about 15% more efficient than your Cree COBs. The big difference is that you get that 15% efficiency boost at about half the price of what you paid for those COBs 2+ years ago.

Lemme know if you have more questions. Happy to help! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks @guest. Great information. I was considering a LED from the ā€œChi-Comsā€ for an upgrade to a 4X4 flower tent w/600wt HPS. Iā€™m totally sold on the Solstrips but Iā€™m on Social Security and just canā€™t afford them yet. Thanks again for your convincing and valuable post. Much love and respect
:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

hereā€™s my list of high-end LED fixtures that are mostly sold to professional grows, but home growers can buy them as wellā€¦all of these have the best efficiency at ~2.7 umol/J except for Lumigrow which is slightly lower, theyā€™re all rated for use in wet greenhouses:

P.L. Light
Philips Greenpower (240v only)
Fluence
Illumitex
Lumigrow
Ge Arize

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the help. I did pay close to $600 for the light fully assembled, but I had more money then, then I do now lol!

It seems like we come here a little later :joy:

Mars Hydro now have some new lights, with white spectrum and 0 fan design :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use a new brand, Buckstore 660W, which is suitable for 4X4 5X5 tents. It dissipates heat quickly and makes my girls grow very well. I think it is great this is my idea

2 Likes

Iā€™m always on Alibaba(Chinese Wholesale) looking at the new lighting technology availableā€¦thatā€™s where Iā€™d go!

Alaskagrown

1 Like

https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600213964933/detail.html?King-Brite-UV-IR-Separately-Control.html

Has anyone tried the Winter 2021 King Brite lineup? They were all they rage in the Spring so I bought a room full, and had a room full of crusty lipped Angelina Jolie galsā€¦ some real vein grazers:

Now King Brite has the UV that should have been there all along. Is it enough UV? Iā€™m not nerdy enough to know. Iā€™ll probably buy them. They offered me 2 dollars discount on bulk. What should my custom logo be?

1 Like

Has anyone seen the latest grow LEDs (IONGRID T series) from AC Infinity?

2 Likes

Whenever it comes out, Iā€™ll buy it.

2 Likes

I am running grow light science 300s. Love them.

1 Like

Iā€™d just stick with mars, they grow just as dank flower as any of the higher end lights and are really well priced.

1 Like

GrowlightsAustraila, 750 long boards, just hung my first of 4. The best LEDā€™s Iā€™ve ever used.

MIGRO review on the AC Infinity T22:
These look very well priced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEbI6GsxDak&ab_channel=MIGRO

1 Like

100% buying the 3x3 design when it comes out.

After alot of reading and review watching and me being a bargain shopper, i went with the medicgrow fold 8. Very happy with it so far and got it for a great price when on sale.

2 Likes

Hey now,
I picket up the Smart 8 on the black friday deals.
TBH, the bells and whistles on the Smart 8 are not that much improvement over the Fold 8 now that I am using it.
-Although it is only a week or so. Time will tell.
The Fold puts out a lot of photons; enjoy the beast!

2 Likes