What are you listening to? 2020

1 Like

This song vividly reminds me of how old I have become. And just how much I still hanker for the younger chicks. Albeit somewhat sad, it is, nonetheless true.
Hahahahaā€¦

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

I can close my eyes and replay the guitar solo at 2:30 in my mind like Iā€™m listening with headphones.

5 Likes

Houston Girls!

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

This clip is a 15 minute NPR Tiny Desk performance but itā€™s queued up to the song ā€œGreen Eyesā€

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a nice jam at the end. Waddy Wachtel is the lead guitarist. Heā€™s insanely good and has performed with lots of greats, including Stevie Nicks:

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

:evergreen_tree: :rainbow: :guitar: :guide_dog: :sunflower: HAPPY BIRTHDAY & RIP MOM

5 Likes

I stumbled across a post I wrote on another forum about a concert I was fortunate to witness in the fall of 2018, so Iā€™ve been going down this rabbit hole today:

I got my mind blown last night. I saw Robert Plant rock the house in a venue with a capacity of 2200!

Thereā€™s a big festival in St. Louis called Loufest. He was booked to headline in front of an anticipated crowd of 30,000. Three days before the festival, some new shit came to light - something about the promoters having money issues - and the whole thing collapsed. Fest = canceled! With only three days notice!!!

This show was to be the first performance on this leg of their tour. The band had booked The Pageant (a nice music venue near Forest Park where the festival was to take place) to use as a pre-tour rehearsal space. Since their stuff was already there, they decided to play a small gig. Tickets sold out instantly, but some wonderful friends of mine scored an extra which they offered to me for face value ($60 for GA). Fuck. Yeah.

I no longer live in St. Louis so I got on the road early and arrived in queue 3 hours before doors opened. I was #10 in line. They handed out wristbands so I was able to leave and tailgate with my friends, then reassemble for the land rush. We ended up snagging seats at a drink rail with great sight lines and sound - plus drink service all night so we didnā€™t have to fight the crowds at the bar.

He played 90 minutes and Iā€™d estimate the setlist contained 50% Zep and 50% other material. Black Dog, Going to California, Gallows Pole, and an unbelievable Babe Iā€™m Going To Leave You. The encore medley included Bring It On Home and Whole Lot Of Love.

Iā€™d seen him twice before: Page & Plant tour in 1995 (at Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque, NM), and Plant w/Alison Krauss in '08 (at the gorgeous Fox Theatre in STL, capacity 4500). The former was a big rock show while the latter was quite conservative by comparison. I wasnā€™t sure what to expect as I hadnā€™t listened to any Sensational Space Shifters material in advance, but it was a great balance between the two. They could play delicate acoustic material and hold the crowd in the palm of their hand, and knew when to drop the hammer and play hard. Of course Robertā€™s vocals arenā€™t in the same range as 50 years ago, but he has adapted the songs to play to his strengths and he can still really sing. Big props to opener Lillie Mae, from Jack Whiteā€™s camp, who was on stage for at least half of Plantā€™s set adding fiddle.

3 Likes
3 Likes