What are you listening to? 2020

The B-Side of 777-9311, a song called “Grace”, is a fun listen and ties in to the A-side:

“Stay in the hotel with the biggest ballroom”. Morris Day’s words to live by :rofl:

3 Likes

I lived in Minneapolis in the late 80s and early 90s. I spoke with Prince over the phone on more than one occasion since I worked at the hotel where he put up all his guests. It was the nicest hotel in proximity to Paisley Park Studios (Sofitel, I think it’s a Marriott now). I met quite a few famous folks in his circle, including Terry Lewis, Prince’s ex-wife Mayte Garcia (as well as her mom and sister), and the two hot dancers (Robia and Lori) from the Diamonds & Pearls video.

The concert I saw Prince play in 1989 remains in my Top 5, even after seeing hundreds of other bands since. Damn that man was FUNKY!!!

4 Likes

Love me some gorillaz

2 Likes

LOL Ain’t nobody like Morris Day!
Jam & Lewis w/ Herb Alpert & Janet.

4 Likes

That’s really special my man! Minneapolis has such a special place in the history of R&B. Mayte is a beautiful woman to this day and she seems like a really kind and gentle person.
I’m still in love with Apollonia too.

5 Likes

@Calyxander For you, something by Terence Blanchard that is upbeat and contemporary.

2 Likes

The Killers.

2 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes