What are you listening to?

2 Likes

That’s what’s up brother.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Damn Metallica killed their career after the Black album and Napster debacle…

1 Like

Not for my taste. I love their newest album, and all but a couple stinkers out of the rest. Metallica accompanied by symphony is highest level of music for me. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Will give you s & M was decent

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

It could be argued that after '86 it was downhill, that the Black album was over-polished & over-produced, & that was when their singers voice was on the exit, too.

As @Scissor-Hanz noted, Metallica evolved & changed(some would say sold out, others: matured) so they had a sound that changed & it depends on what version of them we prefer. :fire: :guitar: :older_man:

While I can appreciate the symphonic performances & the classical influences, for me it’s all about youthful rage, no polish, recording errors & line hiss, the early days up to And Justice For All, which is when I picked them up. To me the Black Album was the end; the Napster public-image douchery outfall was just a natural reaction.

To their big credit, they created a well-funded program for their old high-school, a place where people I know went to school(el cerrito, east SF bay area).

** https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica#Master_of_Puppets_and_Burton's_death_(1986–1987)

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Love Shpongle. Got to see them live once at a festival I worked - amazing

1 Like

They are totally nuts but stunning if your in the right frame of mind :grin: @anon58740919 was wondering why i bought hi-def AKG cans recently, Shpongle are mind bending through them :astonished:

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

:evergreen_tree: good ole days

3 Likes

YOUTH!

5 Likes

Had to follow that with this my personal fav of theirs. I also had the honour of being in the crowd.

4 Likes

My fav band ever. The misses says its coz my ADHD its not it just genius in my humble opinion.

6 Likes