Favorite strain currently available from a major seed bank?

Title say it all. I’m just curious what everyone’s favorite is that I could go out right now and purchase. No nostalgia or unicorns please. Just looking for what’s good right now. Please say what you like about the strain you mention.

EDIT: Please include breeder/bank.

5 Likes

I am really enjoying all things related to Dynasty Seeds Platinum Huckleberry Girl Scout Cookies. The name is too long, but the buds were fine. I have made some crosses and can’t wait to get into them.

17 Likes

So what is it that you like about that strain?

1 Like

Important to remember that ‘favorite’ is a very subjective thing. I’d try to get my hands on one of the strains that has been passed around in clone form for the last 5 - 50 years.

See if you can find someone willing to sell or give you a Genius clone. Genius is the mother of the Bros. Grimm Apollo line. I’d imagine it still exists in many gardens.

4 Likes

Great production in terms of both overall yield and trichome.

This plant responded beautifully to organic soil.

There was some variation in flavors, and all were very enjoyable smoked, vaped and dabbed.

13 Likes

What I liked about Genius was she is easy to grow clone and odor control. Very social uplifting high that would cut through anything else you had smoked.

3 Likes

I totally get that “favorite” is subjective? Subjective is what I’m looking for. Not looking for recommendations for me. Just wanting to know what kicked some ass for you and why.

1 Like

Super Lemon Haze, i just always liked it. Never paid much attention to the GHS drama, this strain was wonders for me.

I had some Galactic Glue (GG4x gobstopper?) that smelled and tasted incredible

Holy Princess from Eskobar. Incredible everything. These grow like little chirstmas trees. Boudica strain is very similar

Last but not least, Sannies Sugar Punch. (The One x SSH)

The SLH, HP and SP were all really easy to grow. Plants you cant stop rubbing the stems because it smells so good.

10 Likes

Most powerful indica - Fig Widow X G13 (Omega G created by Dankmaster) Nice nutty flavor, totally incapacitated everyone who tried her.

Most powerful sativa - Vietnamese Black (created by anon) Slight tropical fruit flavors, never saw anyone get past 3 hits, very long lasting with no ceiling.

Tastiest strains - Sensi Star, A77’s Cali O, Sk#1 (clone), White Widow x Thai, Super Silver Haze (clone)

Personal Favorites - Genius (clone) , Thunderfuck clone from Sly (Bros. Grimm)

9 Likes

For a good daytime herb i am enjoying Fleur de Mal Cinderella 99. Great motivation and taste. For relaxation TGA Cuvee. Hits hard, tastes great, and will put you down in a hurry.

Edit: These can change at a moments notice. Ha! Ha!
Edit: Cindy can be had from @Baudelaire and Cuvee from a seed bank of your choosing.

11 Likes

I will jump in as a raw newbie, but first, I’d like to point out that most of you are NOT following the rules!! :slight_smile:

He asked for:

1. Name of strain
  2. Where to get it from.
  3. What you liked about it.

That last one is the most important to me. Id like to hear what the physical and mental effects are from each one. I dont really care how it tastes or smells (I dont smoke), but I know thats important to most of you. However, the effects are what Im interested in. Just saying its “great” doesnt really tell much of anything to a newbie :smiley:

Id like to know things like - does it put you to sleep, wake you up, kill pain, stop all mental process or speed them up, make you happy, hi, or no change, etc etc.

Grow information would also help, nut that can usually be Googled.

Ok, so I have little experience, but I just harvested some fem Critical CBD from Nirvana and love it. Its really good for stopping pain in its tracks, but doesnt immediately put me to sleep unless I take a large dose. Great for daytime use when I want to keep doing stuff. At night, I take a larger dose and add in some Northern Lights.

The Northern Lights is also fem from Nirvana. It helps with pain, but not nearly as wel as the CBD, and doesnt make me too sleepy if I keep the dose small. It tends to make me a little bit happy as far as the hi. Larger doses at night help me sleep - especially if combined with the CBD.

Both grow short without much stretch at all, but are very bushy. They are easy to grow. My yield with a scrog setup was excellent - combined 1.5 gm/watt in my small tent.

4 Likes

This one is likely to qualify on the couch glue end of the spectrum!

Thanks @anon32470837

Rules are rules. :smile:

3 Likes

Snowdawg by alphakronik… like eating a bowl of fruity pebbles and skittles while getting a full body massage. Awake but relaxed. Very good for pain
Get it I think Jamesbean company

Deep purple by tga. Had a pheno that had the best grape soda flavor and smell. Was extremely loud. Had less than a gram rolled up, in a cig pack, in my pocket while in passenger seat and as soon as we pulled up to a drive thru window the dude yelled “whoa! Purple kush?” James bean again

And I gotta say I really liking the looks of this sunshine daydream by bodhi I have going. Frosty and stanky.

3 Likes

I find this question funny, so i will take the time to answer. I’m filled in seeds for ages personnally, but i will consider than i’ve to choose a 10x pack somewhere for free.

see ya ^^

Greenpoint seeds, Dynamite Diesel.
Available at greenpointseeds.com
It’s the Kate upton stardawg cut bred to a clone only ecsd
Greenpoint stardawg male is great because it’s genetics enhance the selected female structurally and productively, without changeing it much in terps or flavor
ECSD – 50%
Chem 4 – 25%
Chem D – 22%
Affy – 03%
I finished up her grow last fall two of 5 plants in a 3x3 tent. If topped at 5 nodes to three nodes she scrogs herself basically with little training and as many as 22 bud sights.
The scent on her is a unique combo of rotten meat burnt match sticks,

charcoal and dark roast coffee.
The smoke is Rich and has hints of chocolate and cedar.
The smoke hits you hard and fast, nails you to the seat, But then you find yourself walking around and motivated. Time perceived as moving faster, your day can end quickly if you keep taking bumps every couple hours.
I grew two of them, one topped and one natural totall was 7.2ounces with the topped plant yielding slightly higher. If given more room that amount would have doubled but the other three plants crowded them out.
Same smell on each and same buzz.
If your looking for ecsd you’ll get a quite a few in a pack of these

14 Likes

Strain: Wreckage (S.A.G.E. x Trainwreck)
Breeder: THSeeds
Available: Yup (e.g. SeedsHereNow)

Sativa-leaning hybrid… a mellow kind of alert, high is a bit on the silly side but you can pretend to be human if the need arises. Not overly stinky when growing, kind of a woody-spice and smoke tastes similar. Easy to grow – not especially picky when it come to nutrients, fairly dense growth, and study enough frame that you shouldn’t have to stake 'em. Yield is probably average to slightly above. As of now, this plant has a permanent space in my grow room… and I bought a spare pack of seeds for a backup :smile:

19 Likes

She looks a mazing doll. Ll Mechelle x

1 Like

My favorite and she was my first, C99, was an f2 from Joeyweed

Brothers grimm has it at an unaffordable price but @Baudelaire has it, and we’ve spoken, so its just a matter of time…damn Canadian $

6 Likes

King Kong from Big Buddha seeds.

11 Likes

Some great looking and sounding strains!

dgtxxx - I remember reading a lot about C99 back in the day. Never got a chance to try it though. I see Brothers Grimm brought it back. Seriously considering getting some seeds.

1 Like