2023 Black Friday/holidays sales and codes roundup

@Dirt_Wizard put a little write up above my post that is helpful.
What I really want is some Midco full plant pollen bags to isolate the males!
I have a Vivosun 4x5 tent and I like it.
You’ll need seam tape if you’re hardcore about pinhole light leaks, but I didn’t use it and my plants are all fine at 9 weeks in flower.

2 Likes

Yeah, I read it.
I just like multiple options. :wink:
Plant pollen bags, huh?
Researching this now.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just can’t provide much insight because my first OP is scheduled for 2024, and is gonna happen in my regular flower tent
But if I move my bed to the middle of my room, and get rid of my nightstand…I might be able to fit another 2x4 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

@blowdout2269 I personally have the Mars 2x4 and it’s fantastic, I would recommend it over the Vivosun for the thicker fabric alone but it also has the best set of four roof poles for lights and fans and the best door taping to prevent light leaks of any of my tents. Only $87 shipped discreetly for their 2x4 with code MARSOG for extra 3% off:

When it comes to how to get setup inside, I think the page I send my new grower friends to the most is GrowWeedEasy, Nebula Haze has really grown that site into an excellent resource for growers of all skill levels but especially with tutorials for different ways of growing, check these examples of tent setups out for a good starting point:

6 Likes

For an extra 10 bucks this is great!
Vivosun is a standard 2-pole even in a 4x5, which is limiting, and having a tent that comes fully sealed light wise outta the box has my vote too!

3 Likes

@HeadyBearAdventures Yea my 2x4 came with a pair of 4’ and a pair of 2’ poles that are made to use together so they don’t interfere, it’s great. I also really like my 2-in-1 3x4’ because without the divider panel it’s just a 3x3’ with two 1x3’ shelves on the right side or I take out that pole and shelf and it’s a 3x4 but even that way it still has an extra set of poles, both up and down and across the floor and roof which adds a ton of stability, I think using a 2-in-1 as a open plan tent is the best hack to get an extra sturdy frame for cheap other than high CFM kits or DIY bracing.

My Hydrofarm Lighthouse 2.0 has the best lightproof zippers, AC has meh ones and no external zipper flap/tape, Mars sews the panels of the walls hanging over the zipper about 1” and then tapes that edge to finish it, it means the zipper is hidden behind a stiff lightproof edge at all times. Really excellent design by them to be able to use standard cheap “lightproof” cloth taped zippers and have a set of “suspenders” built in by making the zippers sit behind a flap by default.

They have a good photo of it in the sales images:

6 Likes

Haha yeah, I was at the hydro shop the other day and talking with the owner and one of the staff, and they asked about my setup. After I started telling them, the owner was like “Wait, you keep saying 4x5, is that like a custom tent?”
I told him it’s a 2 in 1 that I just left a cross bar off of and didn’t put in the panel, and their minds were blown :rofl::bear:
Sometimes we miss the things right in front of our faces.

5 Likes

I’m hoping to buy a new light for my 3x3, probably the Migro Array 3.

Another tent 4x2 would lead to another light, inline etc… let’s see if I can control myself…

4 Likes

Custom like a fox! It is true that it’s also a good way to get weird proportioned tents, that’s really why I ended up with one, I wanted more than a 2x4 but couldn’t fit a second 4x4 so I got 3x4

4 Likes

What I need now is the cheapest possible 2x4 drying tent.

1 Like

Yes! 9 large plants are packed in 16 sq feet, but 20 gives them room to breathe!

1 Like

This is great information. Thank you!
GWE is my old stomping ground. Maybe I oughta give it a look again.
Yes, if I’m going to be using it for pollination projects, I will need the most sealed unit available. Discrete shipping is also a must.
Mars hydro in the lead.

3 Likes

Thanks for the mention. Might I add, I also sell Mars-hydro gear. :slight_smile:

@blowdout2269 - I can get anything of AC & Mars. Also Autopot if you’re looking at that sort of thing. If you need me i’ll be over here. :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Brother you are hustling! I love to see someone here getting so into growing supplies besides seeds, I will have to talk to you next time I need an order. I’m gonna have to redo my HVAC at some point and will need a grip of ACI fans and stuff

2 Likes

Another reason to go with a vendor who can get you both Mars and ACI gear in one order, it sounds like @Ris could get you setup with the whole package well-planned and integrated from the start and ensure a low-key shipment to you in plain packaging.

Something like:
-Mars 2x4 tent
-Mars light if you need one, something like the TSL 200 @ 300w would fit a 2x4 nice, I don’t think bar lights are necessarily worth it in a narrow tent since the bounce back is so intense from the close walls
-AC Cloudline 6” fan and ducting
-some AC fittings to port a filter box onto your intake
-whatever else you need!

All the AC tents now have them I just picked up a new 5x5 a month ago. It’s built like a tank. They definitely improved their game.

You can see this in this photo here of my 5x5. The piece between the grey boarders is the flap in action lol

16 Likes

Outta likes fella’s. But, keep it coming.
Cuz I have no idea what I’m doing if I switched to tents, lol.

Great information here! Thank you so much @Dirt_Wizard, @Ris, and @Rhai88.
:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Pictures of everything set up is going to be epic. I love getting a new tent set up, getting all the cables tucked away, sanitized and brand new gear at that. It gives me warm tingly feelings on the inside. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

link description says 2022 for some reason, but it’s for this year.

2 Likes

@blowdout2269 congrats on winning that Philzon light now you got $$ for tent and fan amirite?

1 Like