30 day roll, lets do this

Are you still starting seeds in the solo for a period, and then uppotting to octo? Or no solo at all? Just trying to picture your process in my head.

3 Likes

you can start seed in the OCTO if you want Chris the owner does it but I think it was just to prove the point I don’t do that no I start seeds all the same way and they start their lives in Dixie cups if they’re destined for an Octopot then I will check them every day after a week or so and once I see the roots around the side of the cup and at the bottom I stab them in the OCTO and use the turbo water method

5 Likes

Thanks for the details, much appreciated.

2 Likes

dude they’re working brilliantly don’t take up any space and are going to allow me to keep the plants a little smaller I think I’ve already been packing up octopots for long-term storage💥

Good luck buying them I bought every one I could find on Amazon and I would like about 15 more by the way the little round ones work just as well

5 Likes

somewhere in one of my later threads I show exactly how I do it and you’ll see me pull a plant from Dixie and you can see the roots it has on it but the basics are I start seeds in cocoa medium in a seed starter when they throw roots I placed them straight into my soil mix and into a Dixie it typically takes 7 to 15 days before they’re ready for the Octopot like I say I’ll squeeze the sides of the cup put my hand over the top wrap the bottom pull the whole sleeve out and look at the roots and when I see good roots at the bottom and decent wall on the side I’ll place them into the OCTO

3 Likes

Great work @Jetdro. You’re system is looking dialed with happy plants. How often are you draining and cleaning the buckets?

2 Likes

The buckets are only cleaned at the end of harvest they’re never cleaned they never get dirty

There’s no movement no air stones no nothing the design supersedes all that way the fabric pot wicks into the base there’s plenty of air exchange and everything stays nice and Rosie why I use the damn things in the first place

3 Likes

Sold! Hahaha… in your experience what is the down side?

Love seeing your dogs BTW!

1 Like

well you’ll have to buy a whole bunch of Grove bags

in my opinion the only thing that can touch bottom feeding is a really really good flood and drain set up because it basically accomplishes the same thing i’ve run many flood and drain I have no desire to go there I use these things because once you figure them out it’s all 100%

LITFA In the giant can😎

7 Likes

sitting outside it’s like 71° nice breeze beautiful wind all my work is done I smoked a big fat joint of Caps Cut and I’m absolutely sideways anyone that says that that bird is not strong is just not growing the right cut or is doing something wrong maybe they’re just not inhaling💥

4 Likes

In layman’s words

There are two types of roots , the first ones and the second ones that branch off them

The second ones only mainly really start when the first ones come in to contact with food

When the second ones start going they take energy from the firsts ones ( they share it between them )

So the longer you can go without feeding them , the first ones will go deeper quicker

( clones would have to be in good condition tho ie mums well prepped before taking the cuts and the medium nutrient free )

9 Likes

Thanks so much for the info and your great thread. I have learned a lot here and look forward to trying this system soon. I figure I’ll start with 1 and once I start to get it dialed I could expand.

3 Likes

if you’re just beginning this would be a great system for you it’s simple hell even I can do it you don’t need any additional nutrients or snake oils you don’t need any special soil you don’t need to do shit. What it does is allow you to watch the plant and see how it reacts learn the plant instead of worrying about pH and ppm And when to add part X and part Y.

Done properly there Ronco simple set it and forget it

4 Likes

of course being I fish and knowing what he’s talking about he’s spot on

I did have one plant that I put into the Octopot as it just started to throw roots out of a rapid rooter it was from seed not a cut I started the seed in the router that plant one on to become the finest single plant I’ve ever grown it’s through a 2 1/2 inch thick taproot into the Reservoir I had to take duct tape and tape down the top of the Octopot because the roots kept popping the top off it was the Goji I have pictures of it here it went over a pound and was unbelievably good

5 Likes

So the migro 4 250 watt is what you ordered ? There 365.00 cdn here . Not too bad of a price .

3 Likes

That is a great price for an excellent unit. I canceled mine because I got a super deal on a spider farmer unit but after seeing it in action I would definitely consider buying a migro next time

I was dumb… don’t do this :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can they be used as side lighting ? Like a single bar , ring , around tent below canopy 45 degree tilt w4 + , maybe ish

I see they do a veg version , think esko uses veg spectrum for his side lighting in flower

2 Likes

yes the array 4

Outside Apple Fritter looking nice

outside TK getting big

I’ve had the mini outdoors long enough now to see how they work

I will be replacing all my Octopots with these or some form of these. there’s a couple of serious advantages that I’ve seen already with these.

The footprint is very small the size of the fabric sleeve is just the right size they are much easier for me to move around place and move from tent to tent when I have to The cheesy little water level meter works much better than the fancy one on the Octopot which constantly gets stuck they will allow me to grow a little smaller plant than the big octos

The biggest benefit I see however is the fact that I have to feed them more often which means a bunch of cool stuff for a stoner like me

so when I screw up a mixture and get it completely wrong the plant only has to suffer for a day or two now and I don’t have to pull out a pump and drain the reservoir and flush the sleeve

I can control the feed better this way and change ratios whenever I want​:sunglasses::boom::sunglasses:
@ifish making experiments a no-brainer

allows me to make much smaller batches of my mix which is quicker

much much much easier for me to gauge how much each plant is sucking per day and even what time of day

when I use the one in done I can rotate the whole pot simply.

they are small enough to fit on the milk crates I like to use so I don’t have to be on my knees

not sure how long it’s been since I’ve been running them but long enough to know I really like them and they’re making my life easier

yes I have to fill them more often and during flower which I haven’t experienced yet it might be a daily thing but I don’t care I put holes in the top of them my wand fits into it perfectly I have space them so it’s easy to get to the whole so it’s a whole five minutes to feed nine plants not a big deal

The wedding cake I’m smoking right now is 2 1/2 times as tasty as the last batch because of the adjustment on the Cannatrol anyone using these has got to change the settings.

it’s cold and nasty here and overcast and about to pour sitting at the house bored as hell

20 Likes

More control , great thinking : )

I feel a high octane feed shedual is gonna be tested ?

5 Likes