3D Printed Cannagar Molds

Nice thread! Bookmarked!! Idk if it exists but I think here on overgrow it should be like a maker section, lots of stuff you can do to help the gardens! Also I saw you mentioned the Voxelab but do y’all now more begginer friendly printers?? I remember the Anet A8 but I guess you can get something better now, also eco friendly filaments?(saw one made from hemp but I cant see where to get it)

3 Likes

I actually haven’t printed one horizontally yet. For me, the vertical orientation just made more sense. The main reason being supports and tolerances. Horizontally you will need supports at both ends butting up to the edge that the ring needs to slide down. With a vertical mold the only support is on the lip that the ring butts up to, so if it has any issues it’s not a big deal. If the horizontal one doesn’t print perfectly with the supports or you have a hard time getting them off you might have issues getting the rings on.

3 Likes

Yea I have one printing horizontal just to test it. It seems to create some stringing along the channel too, definitely going to go back to vertical. Had no issues with it lifting during print, usually my problem is too much adhesion lmao

2 Likes

If you have the money, prusa i3 is good. Comes pretty solid with a direct drive extruder, bed leveling and other good features for beginners. Basically all the stuff I have done or plan to do to my Aquila. Plus they hold their value, so if you decide it’s not for you or only have a handful of projects you want to do you can usually resell them for 75%+ of what you paid.

3 Likes

I can now proudly make ChronicMcbudz tm. Weed Tubes! They take a lot of weed!

6 Likes

Need to make them smaller, half the size and taper the ends some, reduce the amount of ganja needed. Make 2 smaller ones with the same size mold.

1 Like

Smaller would be neat especially if you smoke a lot of Js, I do really like the 10mm though

Will probably only be rolling em for special occasions so a big ol stomper is perfect lmao

2 Likes

I can easily make them in different sizes. Just don’t know how well they would hold up at smaller diameters. With a 3mm diameter skewer the 10mm diameter cannagar mold is about as small as I would want to go. Any smaller than that and the walls of the packed weed would get pretty thin and would likely fall apart when you try to remove it from the skewer. Maybe a version using smaller diameter extra long toothpicks for the airway path instead of the skewers. Assuming a 1-1.5mm diameter toothpick I could likely get it down to 5 or 6mm diameter cannagars. It’ll be a little bit, I have to work a lot in the next couple weeks, but I’ll see what I can figure out for rods and a smaller rig.

5 Likes

Wow you learn something new every day! I had to google what a cannagar was and I’m intrigued :thinking: reminds me of the old Thai sticks that were before my time but always interested me. Great work mate these 3d printers are a marvel, for the life of me I don’t understand how you figure it all out but much respect mate!

4 Likes

Hey @ChronicMcBudz I’m printing one of your cannagar molds!!! These sound and problem function awesome, can’t wait to see the end result product!!!. Thanks :blush:

Paws

3 Likes

Let me know how it works! I haven’t had a chance to try mine yet. We’ve been out of smoke and money, so the budding plant started being whittled away at only about 40 days of flower lol. Its now around 57 days old and I think we can make her last another 3 days… its some damn good smoke for not being done and dried in the microwave! Next round up is shaping up into some massive plants though, so I’m hoping to do a couple of small ones off of that harvest. The leaves on the cinderevil are massive and should make some good wraps.

3 Likes

I’m packing it with some animal cookies bud, and mac1 leafs. I’ll definitely tell you how it turns out…im printing now.

2 Likes

I’m actually going to use some rainbow ylly heavy indy leafs after reading up more…should be fun

4 Likes

Printed it, it wouldn’t allow the caps on the ends. So I wrapped it tight with string… and packed it about an inch from the fill top…I plan to let it sit for a day or two. Then wrap and cure.

5 Likes

Nice! I somehow seemed to have miss place the packer for my canagar set :sweat_smile:. At least the one that makes two “personal” sized ones, I still have a purple rose I’ve yet to use :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

This is my first experience with em. And making them, they intrigued me, so I got the file and printed it. Very happy so far.

1 Like

Work in progress got to wrap it… well see how it is in a while…

Thanks @ChronicMcBudz

Edit here it is finished…making some blue caps for fun also…

!
Edit I used the ylly leafs with rum and sugar for glue. Can’t wait to smoke this thing, this will be a first for me.

10 Likes

How did it work out, Burn Report?

2 Likes

awesomeness they all do for atleast 7 hours. It’s fun. Tons of bud look up og anniversary. I won with a cannagar for that event

2 Likes

Nice, i like the cannabis Leave Wrap used in the Cannagar

1 Like