A Basic Guide to Autoflowers

Have seen quite a few Chef Anna’s over in some of the reddit growing communities. The interest over there seems to be primarily in autos so that makes sense.

1 Like

I’m in many of those communities.

I honestly have spent far less time there since I found this place.

The people here are far nicer, far more generous with their time and knowledge and far more experienced in my opinion.

I don’t trust the reddit community like I trust you guys.

10 Likes

Excellent, thanks for your help!

1 Like

I came here from there and I concur. Although there are a few really fantastic people I’ve interacted with over there, there’s actual very little sense of community and the ones that exist can be a little on the toxic side, either with elitism or gatekeeping.

2 Likes

say it ain’t so lol

5 Likes

It ain’t so. and I’m lying.

2 Likes

I love my autos the first strain or two I tried were dark Sparks and UltraViolet thanks to this great community and I haven’t looked back I really try to spread love and knowledge of Auto flower especially first time or older growers now that New York is legal I will double down on that the bust put a damper on that but I have the seed closet running again and will be back to spreading autos in no time

3 Likes

Is not the light. It’s the root system that triggers the flowering.

1 Like

Hi guys, been reading through this thread and glad to see its still alive. My first grow indoors was four autos, Girl Scout Cookies from Weedseedsexpress and they grew fast and gave a good yield even though I light burned them.
They grew very stocky with very short internode spacing which made LST a bit difficult, 5g fabric pots in potting soil/perlite,

******answered by this thread…shoulda checked…muhbad

So what’s the deal with autoflower? Curious about the attraction…

Lob

2 Likes

Quick harvest ,plants stay kinda small unlike photo plants I’ve had some freak autoflower plants out grew my tent,

I have 7 growing at the minute,you have to be careful you don’t piss them off,they start throwing seeds

I’ve been just growing autos over the last year

I’m going to grow some photos néw harvest,give the autos a rest for one photo grow some people run them 18-6 I run them 12-12 lighting sweet tooth auto I’m growing at the minute

7 Likes

Nice plants…thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stay away from growers choice seeds their autos seeds are pure trash and 207 genetics

I think everyone should grow an auto at least once lol
Get a harvest in 12 weeks can’t beat that ,not good for cloning unless you’re going to use the clone to make pollen

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

What are 207 genetics?

Lob

1 Like

It’s another seed bank,seeds are a waste of time so small they won’t open,save your money

future of cannabis as far as the public and accessibility the future I truly believe this

Second ever grow, and last 5 seeds of Autos.
This site is the best !

10 Likes

Ain’t she purrrrrrrrrrrdy!!!
Job Done!

2 Likes

Looks very nice

1 Like

looks great what is it I grew my first autos shortly after joining this group idk2 or 3 years ago and since then i have been running a 2x4 perpetual auto tent nonstop whatever else i’m doing i’m always popping and cutting autos i run 8 plants in that tent they go in about 4 weeks from my veg box and spend 6 to 8 in the flower tent every 2 weeks i chop 2more pop beans move 2 more into flower rinse repeat I fit 8 plants in3 gallon bags all in8 sq ft 24 hours light just water and feed autos for the win and there are alot more folks growing them breeding them etc its really exploded the last year or 2

3 Likes