A glimpse into my garage

I got the same sample pack from my hydro store…
MicrobeLife has a good reputation for microbe-bennies that live up to the units claimed on the back of the label. Photo+ is especially well-liked by Nectar for the Gods users…

1 Like

Repot: No, this girl was a clone that began life as a first bonsai experiment. I planted her root riot sideways, braced her down with chop-sticks and the occaisional rubber band. She didn’t even flinch.
I am considering uppotting her as she’s the last of her cultivar. Gonna wait until she regains vigor.

Re Microbe Life. Any issues using them in soil? Up until today the above bonsai had been feeding on unreplenished micronutes since August.

1 Like

No problems in soil, coco, hydro, or whatever medium.
There are some good videos on youtube - Oregon’s Constant Gardner

Carl Gorka and Scott Berke have vids explaining the products and benefits.
(both from the company that makes the Microbe Life line)

1 Like

Here’s what we have so far:
I will need to partition this space for 12/12. Not sure how I am going to do that. May move the bonsais into the house if they can handle it.

CGxPR, doing fine. Have five clones in small containers. Going to try for a personal Solo cup grow. Didn’t get to taste her in maturity.

GSCxOaxacan, pretty sure she has begun to reveg. Gave her some Foxfarm bloom nutes a few days ago as she hasn’t gotten micronutes since August. Trimmed the bud ends off those middle shoots this morning.

These are the CGxPR clones

And these…

Here are some mistreated CGxPR S1s. I plan to expose them to my 12/12 while I iron out the wrinkles.

First CGxPR S1 to get potted. She may be allowed to live.

This will likely become the 12/12 area. With the veg off to the left, on the rack.

8 Likes

A note on the GSCxOaxacan.
I took the tiny little buds off of those two middle branches and stuck them under a microscope. Despite thriving through the entire summer and sitting around with various lights on it since then, there’s almost zero amber in the trichomes. Is it possible that something about its chemistry keeps its THC from converting to CBN?

2 Likes

Got a couple of these. 28/55 Watt so they won’t go in my splitters (which appear to be rated 25 Watt per split) but if I want to move the Mamas inside these may be just the ticket.

4 Likes

Darrion Gap (aka ColombianGold x PanamaRed) - the show goes on.

Korin spawn in a cup. Doing quite nicely. I may grow her out.

Laura,

Laura clones

5 Likes

Haircut.

Near side got rooting hormones. Far did not.

Edit: 12/19 no roots yet. Gave each a good shake. No heat under them. May be inhibiting root dev. Could take them into the house…

Edit 1/10/20
These aren’t doing well. A glimpse into my garage

13 Likes

Test tube clone idea is fascinating!

2 Likes

Man I had clones I had to chuck recently they refused to put off normal leaves after 5 weeks of struggling. Never seen anything like it. Some strains had balls for leaves they were curled so much like armadillos.

Was told it was from 24-0 and I should have done 18-6

3 Likes

Might they (i.e. their mama) have been revegging? That takes several weeks!

This bonsai girl got an early chop. I think that’s why she vegged so well.

2 Likes

I will pull them and give their water a shake (to aerate) once or twice a week until I see who wants to drop roots.

1 Like

Their Mama’s were like 4 weeks into flower. I think something was wrong with the timer for a couple weeks that’s why I switched to 24-0

3 Likes

Yeah, it can take a few weeks to reveg. The leaves get very bizarre. It’s good to trim away any bud growth.

3 Likes

Totally normal. Takes a long time but when they turn they usually turn into monsters after that.

3 Likes

They were already a foot tall and the moms I didn’t see anything I liked so that influenced by chucking.

Just chopped and they surprised me actually so kinda wish I kept them. Oh well. Got tons of seed to use up.

3 Likes

Interesting:
This is Korin Spawn, CGxPR S1

This is Korin (single parent) at the same age. Long before herming, she was by far the strongest, biggest, fastest of my summer run.

5 Likes

Do you run that heater in picture number 1 while your lights are off?

1 Like

I run the large oil heater and the mini full time.

Look at that stem!

7 Likes