ABC (fem) Seed Run

@middleman My favorite auto is Ace’s NorthernLights/Malawi. It’s really impressive. Unfortunately, it’s only available as a female. I crossed it to an auto NorthernLights, and then crossed that back to another auto NorthernLights/Malawi. Happy to send some seeds your way if you’d like to give it a shot.

9 Likes

Well, I’m not ready to start this project yet (if I ever do), just thinking about it for now. But thanks for yet another generous offer. If I really decide to do this, I’ll let you know.

4 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words. I have three issues with the PABs.

The first is the intersex issue, and it may be due to my extremely poor growing skills and/or the extreme growing environment i live in. The ones you grew didn’t seem to have the intersex issues i had, which i think says a lot about your growing skills and/or your growing environment.

The second issue is that both great great grandparents were relatively unworked poly hybrids. That makes working them into a stable line extremely challenging. The first F1 mom i grew out was one of the most amazing plants i ever grew, and i believed i could re-create her. Only one of her great great grand children has come close to that experience.

Third is the high that 99.9% I’ve grown have taken me to a place of melancholy as opposed to the uplifting and vibrant high of the original F1 and of only one of the later offspring. Chasing the high that i prefer is near impossible due to #2.

Also, the first few generations produced mostly small amounts of minuscule crappy seeds, but your reproductions seemed to have fixed that issue.

I am open to allowing people to work with the PAB as long as the PAB or it’s offspring is not introduced into wide distribution until there a stable, reliable, enjoyable product. And it may be much easier to start a new project from scratch rather than crossing the PAB into another line due to its inherent instability.

My apologies for the tangent.

8 Likes

I doubt that you have poor growing skills, and you probably rate mine above where they actually are.

That aside, you make some good points, and your conclusion that it may be easier to start from scratch is probably accurate. I won’t do any breeding or distribution with the PAB, but I still plan to grow more of them.

As for starting my own auto project, it’s just an idea right now. I have about 100 of those in my head, and probably none will actually come to fruition.

9 Likes

I just learned about these today when looking at a list of the weirdest looking marijuana plants! Abc was by far my favorite looking. I love it! Awesome grow :green_heart:

4 Likes

Drunken Bastard Auto = CarWreck :joy::joy:

5 Likes

I love mutants!!! Gunna glue myself to the couch! :eyes:

:robot:

PS. I read an article that involved genetically sequencing several strains of cannabis. It turns out ABC is way off on its own, not closely related to the rest of cannabis. With a distinct possibility of diverging into a separate species in the future.

Super interested in these plants!!!

12 Likes

Watching this one for sure!

6 Likes

Six days into flip and the males have revealed themselves.

Unfortunately of the 11 plants (including the one I reversed), 7 are male (64%).

That only leaves 3 females to make seeds.

Because there are so few, I moved them into bigger pots. These have not shown sex yet, so I’m not 100% they are female, but I’m pretty sure.

28 Likes

It only takes one nice big healthy lady So, are you using the males for an open pollination regular run or just the reversed female female to try to keep it fem?

:green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

I would normally agree, but these ABC seem to be different. And I was expecting more females so I didn’t let them get very big.

Well, I thought I was supposed to do this as a fem seed run since Sebring sent STS with the seeds.

Either way, it’s still just three females, and I feel like I’ve been working on this all year, with the first failed attempt.

12 Likes

You can revert the males (& females) into veg. At least in my experiment with the Drunken Bastards (before it went to shit), they proved themselves really responsive to photoperiod manipulations.

PS I am sooooo in on this one! I don’t know if we’ll sync but when I am do increases for the Ruderalis Redemption runs, feel free to ask that I send you some spunk of anything you like.

7 Likes

I’m just gonna press on and go with what I have for the fem seed run. I’ve got two other pollinations lined up that I need to get to after this one.

Thanks for that. I appreciate it. I’m definitely following along with your projects.

9 Likes

Yes, he did. I thought they were fem but it doesn’t sound like they were :wink: I got the STS also. He sent two strains and only 2 and 3 seeds… So, I just figure If lucky enough to get the plant to live and only get females I can reverse.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Wow, that must have been all he had of those.

4 Likes

Must be.

:green_heart::seedling:

3 Likes

Small update. The three are finally starting to show pistils.

I pulled a few pollen sacs from the reversed plant to dry. I’ll pull more as the other plants develop.

30 Likes

You got this! May your sacks be big, heavy, and full!
:crossed_fingers:

:robot:

8 Likes

I’m gonna pull up a chair in the corner. Sorry, I’m a little late to the party, been kinda pre-disposed, here lately.
image-299
I crossed an ABC with a Drunken Bastard, called it Sobriety Check Point. I sent a few out and people didn’t seem to have much luck with em. I grew 12 again this year and let them do their thing. We’ll see what the growing gods have in mind this year. Hopefully, I will get some seeds that others can grow, rather than just myself. I don’t know what the problem was but, I’m trying to figure it out. The ones that I was able to get to grow, actually kept the leaf mutation
Female

Male

Earlier this year

I’m definitely tagging along on this one. I used ABC, from 2 different sources. Sebring and 7 East, still have some of their subterfuge pollen.
Looks like you’ve got em rockin. Never tried them indoors. All my photo seed runs, have been outdoors, open pollination.
Looking good, my friend :+1:t4:
Keep on keepin on. I hope that you are having a great weekend.

Once I get my Sobriety Check Point’s, to where I think everyone can grow em, I’m planning on a feminized run as well :thinking: :wink:

Be Safe, my friend. :v:t4:
Gary

18 Likes

Glad to see you here Gary. Hope you’re doing well.

8 Likes