About the Basic Growing Info category

Brand Newbie? First time growing? Just want to give it a shot? Then come right in and ask your questions about plant growth, hydroponic and organic growing, equipment, you name it…the answer is here.

5 Likes

I am wondering if it is normal for fan leaves to do what I’m calling “praying Mantis mode” . The leaves fold up and in, kind of like they are helping on a conscious level (don’t laugh) to give light below. Also, I am uncertain about to keep the fan leaves for sugar production or to lollipop. Any insights you might have are much appreciated. They are approaching week 5 both XXXOG and are under OxyLed string lights on 18/6 and germinated from seed.

Hey bud can you tell us more, maybe a pic or two would help… I think you describe your plants ‘praying almost’ , it’s usually a sign of light too near or too hot.? I mean , it’s not usually a problem and yes that’s exactly what the leaves are doing- giving the lower leaves more light = deliberately, as you put it…
Any pics and maybe someone else will chime in. Happy growing
Gaz

2 Likes

Saludos everyone - first time trying to grow my own medicine… Let’s see how it goes…

2 Likes

Howdy peeps, newbie trying to grow and getting in touch for time😅
Can one mix indoor with outdoor?

1 Like

Welcome @Newgrower! If you read the OD threads you will find many start inside and plant outside latter. Do a search.

1 Like

I know this is not a growing topic but I was wondering if any one is using a vpn for there internet been looking for one that is not going to break bank.
I would really appreciate any info if any one has any.
Thank you all Happy Growing!!

SOUNDS LIKE TOO MUCH NITROGEN OR TOO MUCH WATER oops caps lock, a few pix of the plants would be good, a picture paints a thousand words

yes you can mix them, but the outdoor strains will have disease resistance and mold resiistance bred into them, either naturaly or via observation during breeding

1 Like

Has anyone had experience with an automatic that takes a long time to bloom?

I have a pair of WW autos from Keraseeds, today it’s been 70 days since germination, and they still haven’t really started to bloom. They only showed a few isolated pistillate calyxes. The other automatics that germinated together are already with buds in formation.

Photoperiod is 20/4 at the moment.
I’m thinking of changing to 16/8 and giving an extra dose of potassium (Ekosin Yoorin) in the next watering, to see if this flowering “forces”.

If anyone has a similar experience and can share it here, it would be extremely helpful!

Fya!

I have had some that are of by a couple weeks from their germ buddies.

:green_heart: :seedling: