AC Infinity LED Driver

Thanks for the info man.

A good warranty is good but a better warranty is one I never have to use.

2 Likes

that is for sure, time will tell. stay away from their(aci) oscillating fans if you dont want to deal with warranty!

2 Likes

i also have a chilled x6. they do make one for the 2x4, if your willing to pay the price. and its heavy!
edit. just looked at purchase date. been running 12hrs for 2yrs with no problems.

2 Likes

Looks cool but holy sticker shock. Also I’m looking to reduce wattage with similar results and this one is a bit higher.

2 Likes

good luck with your light search, keep up posted on what you decide!

3 Likes

Driver spec: this is a good place to use for ballast and driver information.

3 Likes

I found the CofC, it lists AC Infinity.

I can guarantee they did not design it (I worked in the custom PSU business).
It cost them an extra 5+ grand to do it that way but the benefit is they do not have to list the OEM on the label.

I have run across Sosen before but no hands on experience.

Cheers
G

4 Likes
3 Likes

I think I have that light or the latest version. I have seen no temps higher than 84 F to date. I had two HLG 150’s and boards with the heatsink that were warmer. They still work but won’t dim anymore. These run much cooler seems like. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I had them in a place that was supplemental. E.g. sunlight was hitting them. The supplies were very warm to the touch in operation.

This may be the failure mode that I’m seeing. E.g. the dimmer circuitry built into the supply toasts. In my case 0% output.

2 Likes

i use other aci lights, s33. they work. i wish they ran cooler and had less hot spots. i would have bought this evo3 if i could have. i would have bought 3 of them.

i passed on the migro, it was around when i made my purchase, but they use the older tech diodes if it’s still the same one.

2 Likes

Yeah. I feel like I’m making too many compromises.

For what it’s worth, I inquired about their wireless pro controller for my 4X4, and went back and forth with sales with no answer to my question of whether the controller kept time in the event of a power outage. I purchased the controller anyway and found the answer in the included data sheet. Yes, they do keep time during a power outage. Their website annoys me as well, but I do like their controllers.

3 Likes

Mine as well, but it is well within specs if I read it right. I like the light, not sure about this ballast or warranty situation.

Ouch…at least I could keep it higher and still operate. May buy some new ballasts errr driver.

Yes, very basic instruction and website. Parts all seem to be from China. They list a company address here. The tent seems first rate and I did find out they will save data when i tripped a breaker. Battery in there somewhere. Controller is easy setup with the gear they have.

1 Like

I like the tent as well. I did the lights on outside while I sat inside tent test, and it seemed completely black to me. I really wish all tent manufacturers would do away with the square vents and front window panels. One more light leak I have to worry about, but theirs seem fine. I have a few grows in the 4X4 and haven’t had any issues.

1 Like

Wait…
Am I the only one that runs fans across their drivers and boards? :thinking:
Lol

2 Likes

I do this. I point a fan directly at the middle of the boards which is also where the drivers are.

I’d like a rig where I didn’t feel the need to do it.

2 Likes

I do it mostly to circulate that warmer air through my space(I don’t use tents, so this is extremely helpful in the winter months), aswell as prolonging the life of my equipment.

1 Like

My intake is on the bottom, but I have to run the duct tubing up over the top of the tent to the other side so the light doesn’t leak in. I exhaust at the the top of the tent with the blower on the outside, top of the tent itself. It gives me more room in height and controls my temps better. This would pretty much take the stealth out of Foreigner’s set up though. Cab set up, that is.

1 Like