AC Infinity LED Driver

Hi all, musing on a new light for my 2x4 and I’m not too pleased with the options. I have a few but they’re not checking all the boxes.

Now:

This one looks promising but I can’t find any information on the driver. Does anybody know? The fact that it’s not in the data sheet makes me nervous. They scream the quality of their chips from the rooftops but not the driver…

Does anybody know?
Anyone have one and can tell me?

It’s a frustrating search.

Cheers all.

4 Likes

I was looking at these, I figured with the 5 year warranty it would be cool and I can’t see them using shite as they are literally cornering the market with almost all great products plus the plug and play with the 67/69 controllers etc. I’d cop one, not gonna lie

2 Likes

I’m still weighing my options and there’s no rush because I won’t be able to start up for real again until September.

All I can find is “passive cooled driver” which tells me nothing.

But it’s still a contender.

1 Like

Is a cool driver your requirement

1 Like

Ya I looked far and wide too, nothing. See that’s a good place to be bro, take your time, get exactly what you want, I always rush into shit…. :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

I have one and still can’t tell you. All I know is it’s bright as shit and the driver can be removed and placed outside the tent but that’s nothing proprietary.

1 Like

A quality driver is what I’m looking for mostly. Air cooled is marketing nonsense for “exposed to the air.” :joy:

1 Like

If I had unlimited money I’d buy anything Shane made

1 Like

Yes this one too is on my list.

1 Like

Check out his YouTube if you’ve not already, best comparison videos around
https://youtube.com/@MIGROLIGHT

1 Like

Yeah he’s awesome. He’s why I got my last light.

A quick look at AC Infinity’s website shows the driver as a SOSEN-320W. Google shows over 8000 results.

1 Like

You’re a faster googler than me I guess man :joy:

1 Like

I’m currently running this
It has a genuine meanwell driver, best drivers in the industry

1 Like

Yes I like everything about the EVO3 but if it said “meanwell driver” I’d be sold for sure.

I expect my 301s and meanwell driven HLG will last a very long time.

2 Likes

I had purchased two fixtures when made available from AC-Infinity. Different AC-Infinity fixtures from what you’re looking at but I’ve had both of their drivers fail on me. Albeit, in this particular set-up, the temperatures likely exceeded specifications.

Comparatively, I had other non-AC Infinity fixtures in the same location that did not experience failure over the same time period. In fact, they still operate today.

It appears that they either design their own supplies or white box relabeled supplies from some other vendor.

Needless to say, I was not pleased with the results. I have not as of yet dissected the power-supplies to look for the failure mode. It is possible that they have made improvements since that time. Also, maybe fine under more temperate conditions. You may be able to glean more information as to the actual manufacturer by looking up the Intertek certifications.

7 Likes

5 year warranty looks like a fkin beast

1 Like

Support are also absolutely trash if you didn’t buy direct and don’t honour warranty

These are both of my fears.

The fact that they don’t brag about their quality concerns me. I would if it was a quality feature. Watch out MIGRO array, I might just be coming for you…

3 Likes

i got the evo3 yesterday. looks like a very decent light. the driver is supposed to be a sosen im pretty sure. ive had great experience with ac infinity warranty service so im not worried a bit. @Ris hooked me up. you have any questions just ask. have a good weekend.

1 Like