Accelerated air dehydration experiment and testing - a better quick dry method thanks to terploc bag

OK I am aware that using a food hydrator function to completely dry a harvest is stupid, so that’s not what I’m doing. I want to know at 105 degrees (my lowest setting) the maximum amount of hours that I can use to accelerate moisture evap. I need to cut air drying by 1/4 if I am to meet entry deadline for my CripXmas B to send in, so normally it wouldn’t matter if it took over a week with all this humidity around, I don’t have the luxury this time. Need to speed water evap and have enough air drying to finish it out. I want to get a consensus on minimal time used, thanks.

Note : Ninja Foodie dehydrator function at 105 is cool cyclonic air. This lowest setting doesn’t use ANY heat. I almost didn’t find this out being discouraged not to try…

3 Likes

Man get a herbs now dryer it’s actually great. I was skeptical too but I got one used from the guy that makes them when they were sold out…now I need more trays

1 Like

Your going to quick dry contest bud ???

7 Likes

When I leave my hydrometer in the tray the temp reads around 80

3 Likes

NO! I only want to accelerate slightly, I don’t consider minimal time a “quick dry” I just want to hear consensus, maybe I can only get away with an hr or even less, but whatever I can use helps with the current conditions, and yes I think sending something fresh than getting mold, even though I saved it, the bag appeal is gone.

1 Like

So how would that covert time wise to 105 degrees ? What I mean is the time it takes to reach 80 on a 105 setting.

Wow. No absolutely don’t do this I beg you. If you need to speed up drying create more airflow using a fan. I would rather not enter my bud in your situation. What’s your reputation worth to you?

7 Likes

Terps will be non existent at that temp. They start to dissipate a little above room temp

3 Likes

Uh I understand why, but I haven’t said I’m DOING it. I’ve said I’m looking at consensus on time, I may not and hope there’s time to get it dry in, and while I know most don’t grow as I do, because I strip chlorophyll out completely before harvest, which helps it be ready once dry, I don’t have to wait for curing at all.

1 Like

I see, so the lowest setting is not safe to use. I guess I’ll just hope time is on my side, if not, only A being submitted.

1 Like

I just begged you didn’t. Never said you had or would bro

I’ve also dried under light to remove chlorophyll fast. Worked out surprisingly well

2 Likes

Ah you mean you would prefer I don’t try it to find out…it’s probably not happening based on what I’m hearing, so I’ll leave up to the fate of time. Need it done before 7/21

2 Likes

Absolutely not man. The best you can do is raise your ac a couple degrees and run your dehumidifier a little drier annd more air flow and even that can loose some of your terps. The drying is one thing you can’t speed up safely without losing out on quality

5 Likes

Absolutely, you’ll be disappointed with what you end up with. I would maybe dry with a fan on higher if at all possible but still not directly on the buds 12 days with a fan is easy going. You got this :100:

2 Likes

I feel like nature has fuked me raw and hard, without lube :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Do you know anyone with a freeze drier? That would be lightning fast and I’ve heard good things about them but their price tag is too much for me lol

2 Likes

Well the default time for the dryer is 96 hours at that temp

Yeah I know about the harvest right freeze dryer (watch a lot of prep channels) I’m just by myself, nobody is to know about my growing IRL. No place in closet to put a dehumidifier, it’s part storage since other closet is my growing area, only barely have room for that collapsible rack to hang. Well time is wasting, better get to trimming up.

Heavy

12 Likes

I’ve hang dried half a plant and put the other half in the dryer and it came out fire. I can understand most people being skeptical of it but at the time I purchased it my drying environment was BRUTAL I had to do something and what do you know the shit works. What I did have to learn was if you put trash in the dryer it’s coming out trash anyway but I’ve dried the best shit I’ve ever grown in there about 3 times now

3 Likes

I hope you mean freeze drier lol

1 Like