Acro's Farm Adventures

Very cool read, I was a tank nerd for years too! Salt and fresh, mostly carnivorous fish but I had some community tanks, bred blue acaras, Jack dempseys, piranhas, had a 250 gallon saltwater with full coral, puffers, tangs, shrimp, eels. A seperate tank with a stingray and sand, I also had arowana gold and silver and at one point was breeding lion fish for profit too. It’s an interesting, expensive AF and very rewarding hobby for sure. We are very similar in our growing habits as well . I happen to be quite the clone hoarder with a “not too shabby stable :wink: “ and enjoy popping hundreds and hundreds of beans! And looking at your choices we definitely like similar stuff. Looking forward to watching your adventures and maybe swapping some genetics down the road. (See a few cuts I’d love there) nevermind the beans! So many gems

5 Likes

I breed my other plants too, though not with so much focus. :rofl: Got a cool project started breeding some giant nitrogen-fixing corn with some super sweet f1 corn bred to have all the recessive sweetness traits we’ve identified. Good fun, but my yard is tiny. The neighbors jaws hit the ground when they saw the giant corn top my roofline. I can only run a dozen or so plants of each though. Having done a messy “proof of concept” couple of years I’m having a reset this year with original genetics from both parents. Corn has really cool genetic stuff, and is thoroughly studied with lots of publishing. :grin:

3 Likes

Agreed. Plus, you’re alive! :rofl:

2 Likes

At one point I had over 300 unique corals. Once I got hooked on strains I cruised past the 300 strain mark in a hurry. I seem to take a grow them all kind if attitude with both…

Swapping is one of the favorite parts, so we’ll definitely have to connect in the new year!

2 Likes

Top Dog F3 Sour D pollinated with blueberry goodness at 3-4 weeks. She was sweeter smelling, variegated, and strongest diesel girl of many. I’ve been smoking her remnants from bean shucking. Great high, so I’m excited for her progeny

13 Likes

I did a watering with mosquito bits and papaya and two others reacted very poorly to it. Not sure what to make of it… before and after, over 3-4 days it went from healthy and lush to browning and dying. I have a solid looking backup rooting. Also strawberry guava can fill in nicely where I’d use her.

Donnie burger and cereal milk S1 next to her in a small tent, save water and substrate are looking happy even after a defoliated heavy

7 Likes

From left and barely pictured is Chem Chills from Cap, then Daywrecker/Original Diesel, which Chem Chills fell on her last week. Seems to have bounced back nicely for an ugly and tired old strain :wink: next to her and focused on is Franco’s SLH cut. It took me a while to get her after a couple failed attempts. She’s worth it so far. I wear a size L/XL glove

Next to SLH, back right is and partial… not a damn clue. She’s elite, she’s been a blast to grow, she’s tough to kill, I have a list of 5 things she might be :joy:

Center front is that old DJ PNW blueberry cut. She gets unhappy, lime green, with the higher nutrients everyone else gets.

GTR, front right and partial is the fun little bush. There’s a really long story with her. The short of it, she’ll grow in just about any conditions indoors or out. We’ll see how she smokes, but between lanky Daywrecker and her, it would be a great match structure wise.

I have a few Sour Diesel x SSH F3 (ok, still five) I’m still holding that I hunted. I’m tempted to take my favorite and make fems with the SLH…my favorite being a longer haze leaning lemon quenched with a backend of bubblegum and diesel fumes. It’s longer flowering, smaller and more Dutch hybrid structured than her sisters. She is just what I need to be starting my day with!

The one I flowered outdoors was that plant that I would pluck and rub every day and walk around smelling my fingers for the ensuing hour. This was out of 150+ outdoor plants. This year it was her, blueberry muffin, and blueberry muffin x vintage blueberry duking it out for most sniffs. Those three were all top 10 resilience wise as well.

The BBM x VB was more blueberry pie filling, not baked goods or vanilla like the blueberry muffin. Which, if you have never smelled, it’s one of those plants that you’ll audibly let out a “wow” smelling her once she start flowering.

Some BBM clones I tossed in a bin with widow freak in coco. Both were hit with BBM x VB male pollen this is after some harsh weather, lots of bugs, and then a snow or two after weeks of cold and rain. 12 plants in a 3 gallon storage bin

10 Likes

Very interesting. I used mosquito bits on a whole bunch of different plants without it affecting them, so my guess is the papaya - I’ve got no idea what that is, other than something I love to eat and that helps my digestion, :wink::joy: care to share more deets?

1 Like

It’s KC Mango x Afghan and is known for solventless hash production. Bred by Harry Palms of Bloom and formerly of Oni

this was the “mac daddy” commercial floating around portland this summer. probably the best grown i saw all year. also hands down the most potent. and the most unique profile. smelled like juniper berries and cloves or something, tasted very very strongly like afghani hash and put my to sleep. i almost passed out standing up after smoking a joint of it, and passed out while trying to finish a roach of it a few days later. sounds like maybe its not the same, but when i saw maybe san was involved i got excited lol.

11 Likes

It’s a cut originated by someone going by Mobile Jay. He’s known for the Superboof cut as well. @shade

Seems it’s Mac x OGKB. Pics from a Reddit grow of the same cut

12 Likes

I’ve never had issues before, so likely coincidence

1 Like

A white widow x blueberry auto that I tested for germ and decided to keep around. Should have made some beans, but needed smoke

10 Likes

Feeling pretty good about the germ testing and what I’ve seen from seedlings of a few recent seed harvests. So, offering these up to folks interested in growing them. Testing would be great, but I’ll settle for anyone willing to pop them in the next few months and post a few pics impressions. Won’t hold anyone to it, just asking for good intentions.

Blue Dhaze: (Sour Diesel x SSH F3) x (Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry)

Mom is a lemony haze leaner with a little longer flower time and underlying bubblegum and diesel notes.I’d expect some good daytime smoke with a variety of flower times depending on if they take after mom or dad. Dad was quick and smelled like blueberries and skunk. Mom was hunted from Dynasty/prof p work, dad from about 15 x f2 of AKBB work.

Freaky Widow Blues:

last year’s best outdoor girl and overall resilience winner in or out, crossed to the strain that did best this year. This one includes Duck, White widow, Berry freak, Huckleberry Soda, crossed with the BBM x V. Blueberry boy. Should be some purple plants in the progeny, not just when it gets cold. I expect a lot of colorful berry, floral, perfumey plants in general.

Mom after being pollinated early.

Send me a DM of you’re interested in growing either :v:

10 Likes

Daywrecker/O. Diesel, SLH and my bushy GTR getting transplanted and cloned. Old pnw blueberry cut pictured last and getting the same treatment.

6 Likes

How you like the weasel cut I might be scooping that headband/underdawg/day wrecker/o.diesel cut from a local friend

3 Likes

It’s good for those that want an old diesel/sour cut but don’t want to deal with how finicky a lot of the others are. No real smoke report yet as I’ve only smoked flower from small clones and a test flip.

3 Likes

Just last month she was scraggly and had seeds still needing shucking. She’s bounced back nicely and spit a few progeny into the pot. Sour Diesel x SSH F3 from Dynasy/Prof P

Testing out a few strains. “Germ testing” that will likely lead to me making more seeds and holding more plants :joy: I legit have a problem wanting to keep too many haze plants, so popping 20 of that haze cross may not be good for my eliminating moms

7 Likes

You can see the papaya basically dead while the Cereal Milk S1 and Donnie Burger attack the light and take over the tent.

Dream axis looking all pretty

10 Likes

There is no such thing as too much haze! Lol. Awesome diary!

1 Like