Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Soon to be mother. Purple Haze. Praying for more attention! =)

12 Likes

I’ve been snagging what I can from the mr nice auctions hoping I can find something close to that piff flavor. Know I’ll find some dankness for sure :call_me_hand:

12 Likes

Thought I would add this…I heard the song was actually about the lighting in Jimmy’s grow room and/or house. They had (very expensive) LCD type lighting that was popular back then… because of the way it shown it created a hazy like light effect, like smoke made from light…jimmy apparently put these in his smoking room (with purple color), thus “Purple Haze”… Little anecdote I heard…:smiley:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I highly doubt that, the song was written in 1966 and he passed away in 1970, lcd tech was invented in the 60s and was not released to the public untill the seventies. prior to that there were a few watches and calculators that had lcd in them but they would burn out fast. LCD screens were not available untill around 1972.

2 Likes

Jimmy says whats its about and how he came up with song. I just go by what he said out of his mouth. “Night of light” is the book, that inspired his “purple haze” theme. About “love” more than drugs. This is a good video breakdown too
Hapi

6 Likes

He always said it was about a dream, if I was going to theorize that it was about anything other than that I would guess it had something to do with the purple smoke grenades used during the Vietnam war, many songs back then were inadvertently written about the war and Hendricks was enlisted at one point even though he did not go to Vietnam himself. Kinda odd how alot of the rock stars had military ties , Jim Morrisons dad started the Vietnam war…

6 Likes

Does mullumbimby madness classify as a haze?

1 Like

@drgreensleeves Haze is haze , haze hybrids are just that and anything non related is not haze plain and simple. Just because something has a similar genetic background as haze does not make it haze.
Pepsi , coke and Dr Pepper are all types of soda and they are all a dark sweet beverage but if you make a new dark soda you don’t call it by the name of a already existing recipe.
If I cross a Hindu and Burmese strain and name it and then you cross a Hindu and Burmese strain and call it the same thing as me you would be wrong to do so unless the same parents were used.
There are many types of wine all made from grapes but you can’t call your wine Gallo unless you are them. This is basic language skills and I’m not sure why so many are failing to understand it when it comes to cannabis.

6 Likes

Ok I can dig it, but what is a haze? Or what classifies as a haze? Thanks ps I’ve smoked sshaze , is it the terp profile? Or something else? @Heritagefarms

It is the result of a few specific breedings with various genetics and there resulting offspring nothing more and nothing less.
It has all been explained already I’m sorry but I can’t keep going in circles about this. If you still don’t completely understand I encourage you to read the previously stated explanations in this thread or perhaps gain a better understanding of plant breeding,genetics, what denotes a hybrid vs a stable line etc etc etc and maybe at some point it will click.
This is a big issue also with people not understanding the meaning of clone only varieties and why they can not be reproduced threw new breedings.

1 Like

Thanks bro :slight_smile: it just means I got some digging to do :slight_smile: but if it’s in this thread I’ll find it thank you

Pushing out the 7th node now boys and into the flowering room they go. Getting a little crowded up in over here :joy: I have a tiger by the tail now bros, time to get all beautiful mind on ciphering how the hell to pull it off smooth haha.

47 Likes

I need help. I stay up all night looking at Haze. I’m worried.

9 Likes

I feel “haze” should be <haze, as in more than 50%. Nevils haze qualifies. When you start getting into them 50:50’s and less something is missing, clarity and sheer profound potency goes out the window man. There are some compromises that are simply not worth making.

20 Likes

Those are some incredible looking little plants , very little variation to be seen so far , nice and uniform.
Are those from one specific male and female or is there a few different parental donors involved ?

3 Likes

No it’s 2-5 generations of male pollen mixes on female open pollination since 'aquired in '94 or something like that. You’ll see various phenotypes later. It’s still a broad genetic pool.

30 Likes

But, the word band-aid transcended the trademark. Haze did too. I’m sure YOU understand this without referencing your grasp of what you call common language skills :joy:

2 Likes

If you say so but i would consider band aid haze a example of somebody keeping the haze name attached when they should not. It is multiple generations back and only a small portion of the gene pool. There are several seed companies that list a haze of one kind or the other that have nothing to do with the original haze lines.
So yeah if your using the word transcending to mean going beyond limits or a abstraction of the original I guess that would be accurate because it has passed the limit of what should be called haze.
Reminds me of Bodhi with the goji og , they are using a popular strain name to draw attention to there work.

4 Likes

Yes! Same with Grimm and “Gluey”

Or better yet, calling someone black. Do they need 50% genetics from African ancestors or do they need to look like other black people?

Both, sorta, with caveats! But in my mind I know the difference.

2 Likes

“Language imparts identity, meaning, and perspective to our human condition. Writers are either polluters or part of the cleanup.” ― Mary Pipher.

3 Likes