Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 1)

Nevils Haze Clone run of the F2 I selected last run just over 8 weeks in, she will go 19 weeks.

I expect the flowers to be coated white with resin, like the seed plant was in the next few weeks to a month.

20 Likes

Beautiful plant @hempy

2 Likes

Very nice Tykal!

4 Likes

Nice job Hempy, I could only aspire, coming back into growing after a log hiatus! And thanks to all who post, I am trying to learn all that I can absorb. I am a survivor of the 70’s 80’s and 90’s and looking for someone experienced with sativa to direct me if I can grow Authentic Genetics Original Haze in a 2/1 AC Infinity tent with dimensions 48x36x72. All I can speculate is like a 1 gallon pot, topping a few times, LST, scrog? I plan to grow outdoors this year too, but haze is the medicine for this 62yr. old and I live in NH so its a challenge and I have to use space across the river at a friends house, which is unfortunate too. If I am barking up the wrong tree go ahead and blast me too, I am open minded and remain teachable, but thought to ask my haze family that may have experience I could learn from. And please forgive me if I have dome something to offend anyone, this is my first post on OG and mean no harm.Attached is bubble hash I make, blessings to all!
20240123_010115|281x500

7 Likes

Hempy that’s a beauty there! Bet it will look like a weeping willow when it gets heavier. How’s the smell when finished?

3 Likes

Welcome to overgrow! I don’t have much experience growing sativas indoors aside from under seed starting lights (outdoor grower) but it should be doable from what I’ve seen on here with indoor sativa growing. I would say go for it! The trickiest part will probably be finding your keeper phenotype from the Original Haze that flowers in a time you’re happy with and has the effect and aroma you’re looking for (something I’ll be attempting outdoors this year, perhaps foolish given the early December end of season).

I’m not sure if you’ve seen this one, but this thread has some helpful training strategies for keeping sativas small. Hopefully some more experienced indoor sativa / haze growers here or there will be able to give you some more detailed guidance.

5 Likes

Massive results there. I looking to go with Lemon Haze but I fear I won’t have enough space for those giants.

5 Likes

Last Unicorn. Some colour starting to come out from the unicorn poop side i would assume? Smells are starting to intensify, getting a sharper nose to it at this point, almost a little barn yard starting to happen, not like hay, like horse shit, barn animal smell with some pine forest on the front end, not sure im liking where this is heading lol, we’ll see hiw it finishes and smokes.This is around 84 days of flower, going to let it go another 7 days or so

12 Likes

I would maybe look to grow a Haze hybrid before going fully Haze in a tent personally. The stretch is real. I have scrogged Haze hybrids in a 2x4 tent with great success. I top them when they are sexually mature and showing sex - the 5th node then top them and then pretty much straight to 12/12. It will be at least 3.5 weeks of stretch (sometimes they never stop) before bud set, so PLENTY of time to fill that net and then some. I usually have a branch or two growing into lights.

Welcome to OG bud.

15 Likes

The haze dom phenos terps are smashing everything in the room. I’m getting flashbacks from 1980… More seedlings in veg. Both are exceptional…

14 Likes

What you said, is correct. Haze, Skunk, Northern Light etc are US varieties, but selling seeds worldwide in a big commercial setup was done in the Netherlands.
NL#5Haze was made in the Netherlands, not in the US. The Seed Bank and SSSC were the first big seed banks.

4 Likes

"Bandaid Haze is the only killer Haze chemotype you have found on the West Coast since 1970. That’s a lot of killer Haze chemotypes"

This is what I was responding to. There has always been a haze/Sat presence here. There are far more people that don’t post their plants on the net than do. I can’t count the number of killer haze/sat hybrids that have been found since 1970. Frankly, a stupid comment to make.

My comment wasn’t about Commercial haze seed sales or the tremendous impact it had getting them to people around the world. .

4 Likes

That’s for sure. One of the first things I bought to grow was Dragon Cheese F1. That was over two years ago (probably 3) and to this day, I’m the only person that said I was growing it but I’m sure they’ve sold a lot of seeds by now.

3 Likes

Ed Rosenthal gave the Cubans in Florida NlHaze seeds and the rest is history. The Piff in NY is what we had in the Netherlands in the early 90s the Purple Haze or as i call it nowadays Nag Champa Haze, because it smelled like Nag Champa incense, but seems to be a NlHaze.

In 1980 a calendar was brought out with Haze photos, that looks more like Oldtimer’s Haze.

19 Likes

Here’s my Killer A5 Haze#4 (A5 Haze leaner) x Blissful Wizard
The Blissful Wizard added frost to this cross, but they still kept many of the haze qualities over the more Malawi leaning pheno’s of Killer A5 Haze that were also crossed to the Biz Wiz.
More potent than the mother with a strong racey high
Hints of gas and cookie, mint, pepper, cedar

32 Likes

Hi argyle, I grew up in the same era as you, the good old days when all we had well here anyway was sativas.

Where there is a will there is a way as they say, like Holygroverseed posted the first thing you will need to do is to get your self some solid genetics. Then you will need to run a few seeds and find your self a keeper, as you’re dealing with hybrids or poly hybrids, unlike the stable true breeding lines of the 70s/80s.

So setting up even a small veg cab to keep clones and moms is key.

As far as growing them and controlling them well, you have a few options like flowering them sooner reducing lights on to try and control the stretch along with tieing / training.

Also considering Haze hybrids that don’t stretch as much is an option.

Not grow any of their lines my self but reading a lot of positive feed back from people that have grown out Piff Coast seeds haze hybrids.

6 Likes

There were two NL5 one was a US clone the other was a plant Nevil found from seed.

Nevil collected the US clone when he collected the G13 clone on a trip to the states but ended up dropping the US NL5.

3 Likes

All we grew were Sativa hybrids from the 60s on. There were no Indica/Afghanica plants growing anywhere at that time in Cali… Living in the Santa Cruz area getting/sharing seeds was very common within a 50 mile radius. Rosenthal had a major role in prop 215. He lived in Oakland Ca.

5 Likes

She’s had a ruff run this grow I tried new dry nutrients and the plants hated both of the new dry nutrients I bought, so I went back to Canna, and now they are happy again.

This plant flowers like the Green Spoon, lots of small running flowers, so this run i greatly reduced the lights on in flower to stop the running flowers and it worked.

The smell from this plant is an acrid pine type smell.

This is what the flowers looked like from the seed plant.

15 Likes

Acrid pine is nice I know that smell. Gotta love haze and all the different smells that show up. Is it just me or do yall smoke the haze jars up super fast and then your left with all the other stuff. You immediately wish all the plants were haze variants instead hahaha. You just can’t beat the high, smell, or taste period.

3 Likes