Adding liquid fertilizer to Fox Farms Soil?

I say most hydro shops and greenhouses/nurseries around here have their products. But the stoneington blend was back ordered almost all last summer/fall when I was looking to try it. But I just use their lobster compost now, mix with promix, perlite, and a dry all in one blend, it’s basically water only from there. A top dressing is needed during bloom in smaller containers.

What’s your ratio like for this mix and what are you using as a top dressing?

I’ve been using 2:1:1 promix:lobster compost:perlite. Then I add a tablespoon of garden lime per gallon as well. The dry blend I use is made by a small home business/youtuber MIgardener called trifecta plus. Though the rations seem like it’s for bloom, it contains slow release N that isn’t included in the NPK label (do to some sort of labeling law). It’s currently sold out, but there’s many other products similar. But don’t have the mineral amendments. Also, I don’t do any cook time, just mix and plant. 3 tablespoons per gallon of soil for seedlings, 1/4 cup per gallon of soil for the up potting, then 1/4 cup per plant in bloom, done 3-4 weeks after the last transplant. The first time I used it, I didn’t have enough left to top dress with, after about 5 weeks without any other feed, they started to show some signs of wanting more.

https://migardener.com/store/fertilizer/3-lb-trifecta/

This video displays their old lable and NPK that is in the mix, but they had to change the label to not include anything that wasn’t plant available at the time of use (slow release)

1 Like