Advanced Nutrients for soil

I have received these in the mail, I do not know how to use them , but I would love to with the help from some of you guys on here. I am currently about 2 weeks away from flipping to flower . Any one have any suggestions please?:sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Mr.Gritz this may be helpful.

https://www.advancednutrients.com/nutrient-calculator/

2 Likes

It just gives me stuff for hydro

Go to their website, “feeding-recipes”, you designate which medium, go from there. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: after a while, you’ll come to the conclusion, you’re really paying for “water”, better to get Dry Mixtures and add your OWN water. Ten plants, start to finish, about $10.

4 Likes

Use the bud candy…

1 Like

See @Purple-N-Hairy’s “PNYs Greenleaf Nutrients 2 Part Formula Grow Show”. Get ready to salute the Bro and, be totally amazed!!! I started out with A.N. products, but realized it wasn’t Value For Money. Less money on water-based nutrients, more for seeds!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

These were gifted to me , I would like to use all them for a run.

2 Likes

I’ve got big bud also, what would I use 2 weeks out from flower?

If its organic big bud and bud candy. I dont use synth nutes, so cant comment on that part.

1 Like

I think i misunderstood you…just the grow formula, but again its a synth.

1 Like

You can actually use BOTH, not full strength, 1/2 of recommended level. Bud Candy is actually a “sweetener”, same as Sugar or Molasses. Remember, in Flower, they require LESS N and MORE P…I think I got that right. If not, someone will surely correct it. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey, THANK YOU @misterbee!!

Yes, it’s hard to beat a cost of $6.16 for nearly 3 pounds of mind-melting dank bud!

I certainly don’t want to hijack this thread, but here’s the link to the thread misterbee referenced:

BTW - Greenleaf Nutrients can be used in soil, too! The feeding schedule is the same, but you should use their “Candy” bloom enhancer instead of their “Bud Explosion”.

1 Like

Give them a half dose of Big Bud a week before flipping then the other half at the flip. You want all that goodness in there for the huge growth spurt that happens during the stretch. Bud Candy later on.

I just typed the following yesterday when I noticed the change in the 3-part formulation after someone talked about using the AN jungle juice on another forum. How I never noticed in 5 years is beyond me but I need to make changes.

AN can be used in soil grows just fine and contrary to bro-science expounders using hydro nutes in soil does not kill the beneficials. If your soil is already rich in organic nutrients you have to be careful or you’ll easily overfeed the plants and end up with nute burn or even worse, Toxic Salts Buildup. TSB can happen with just rich organic grows too especially if using hard tap water with it as the minerals in tap water are salts too and add to the overload.

I only use the 3-part base and Big Bud. Any old CalMag will do and some epsom salts. All that other stuff is not needed and way too expensive for my wallet. I’d use them if they were free tho. :slight_smile:

I’ve been using AN 3-part for 20 years. I bought gal jugs about 5 years ago and just now noticed that the N-P-K ratios have changed but I’ve been using it just like the older stuff that has the same ratios as the Jungle Juice and the GH 3-part. This may explain some of the problems I’ve seen in flowering especially when I switch to Lucas Formula feeding after the stretch. I have 1L bottles of the older pre-pH Perfect 3-part and dug them out to check.

Old AN, JJ and GH are Grow - 2-1-6, Micro - 5-0-1, Bloom - 2-5-4

This 5 yo AN 3-part is Grow - 1-0-4, Micro - 2-0-0, Bloom - 1-3-4

Totally throws thing off to what I had become so accustomed to. I’m going to have to sit down and reformulate some of my mixes to be feeding each nute at the same ratios I was before. Much more diluted now too. With less than half the N as before it throws the Lucas feeding way off. No wonder the old leaves yellow out so fast and early.

I also have some REMO nutes from winning a 7 - 250ml bottle kit in a raffle at a hydro store I deal with and their ratios are different again.

G - 2-3-5
M - 3-0-1
B - 1-4-7

Flip a coin I guess or dust off the math books and nail it down.

:peace:

3 Likes

In early flower during the stretch more P is needed but so is a lot of everything as the plants feed up to 4X as much during that growth spurt. After the stretch more K is needed than P and that’s where most P/K supplements get it wrong. Tomatoes like higher P but pot not so much and too much P is what gives that ‘chem’ taste to the buds.

I have the Greenleaf Pk and just the K too so add a touch of the PK when I start flowering as Big Bud is 0-15-35, with 10% S so a little low on P for the stretch but later I feed Lucas Formula style and will add a little K alone the last 3 weeks or so along with Epsom Salts for the extra Mg and S that is basically AN OverDrive and a lot cheaper.

1 Like

You have just brought my little knowledge to ANOTHER level!!! Proud to tell ya, I 'preciate ya, indeed I do. This will certainly help eliminate self-inflicted mistakes. OG to the rescue AGAIN. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@LabRat

I miss the old 3 part formulation. The local hydro stores only carry the new gorilla line.

AN is okay, agree it’s not good value for money though.

I use big bud throughout flower no issues.

To OP are you in an organic soil? Or a inert medium like promix?

I’ve never used in organic, but in promix I use at around 75% of listed strength in flower and just gauge it. Start at water, nutes, water, nutes and adjust from there. If they are hungry I go longer between water only.

If you are watering with a good amount of run off say 15% or so of what you water with you shouldn’t have any toxic level build up, especially with water only every other or every few waterings.

1 Like

What product do I use after big bud?

1 Like

The Bud Candy in later flowering. The CarboLoad can be used thru the grow to feed the micro-heard I think but I haven’t really used any of those so you should check the AN website and read up about the stuff you have. I don’t want to steer you wrong.

1 Like

Thank you all for the help I went to the website and it’s not very definit adopt when to give what. But I am really thankful for all the help I get here. So keep it up guys I know there is someone that uses this stuff everyday

1 Like

Overdrive is used after big bud in their lineup. I’ve never used it in soil, but my friend does with good results.

2 Likes