Another SolStrip build

Yeah they do require wifi, but once you get it hooked up you can see it in real-time with the phone app. I use it to adjust my LED levels (also done with an app on my phone because I’m a nerd like that :eyeglasses:)

2 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna order one. £7 ffs. That’s cheaper than 8 cans of beer. I just don’t want to make stuff to technical. I’m a closet nerd myself :nerd_face:

1 Like

I do like my sonoff gear too!

4 Likes

Ooooh, dude. Automatic DLI measurements indoors? Touché

1 Like

I’m sold :rofl: ordering now :+1:

3 Likes

Great wiring, nice to see some clean and proper rigs. Awesome work!

2 Likes

Looks good. Do those heatsinks some with the strips?

Runs the full tent brother. Lighting. Humidifiers. Dehumidifiers. Temperature. Fans etc.

4 Likes

@Roux this sufficiently neat wiring bro? :rofl:

Just the light rig I mean…avert your eyes from the rest

4 Likes

Yeah that maybe a little to advanced for me :laughing:

1 Like

Not at all. I’ll show you bro

1 Like

On another note. She’s up and running. Journal to follow once these other beans @ReikoX sent me crack :+1:

They were pushing 510w so I dialed them back slightly

8 Likes

Nice my brother. Fits like a glove

1 Like

Yep you did me proud my friend. And the coverage Is perfect. Temps been stable around 78. I’ll do it the justice it deserves with this grow I’ve started. 10 strains in total :neutral_face: I’ll list them all when start my journal maybe next weekend

2 Likes

I aim to please. (Same wiring loom as the 3500k rig) which is a winner for me. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with just what these can do. Any issues you know where I am brother.

1 Like

I do and thank you once again mate. I’m sure I’ll be plugging your brain again soon :rofl: they say it’s not what you know but who you know :wink:

1 Like

That’s what I’m here for man. Make me feel useful for something :rofl::rofl: Scotland’s looking likely for Xmas now btw. (Be prepared @Albannach and @Gaz29 you’ll meet the whole clan) should meet up as we pass Geordie land though for a smoke

3 Likes

Starter cab build with a single 3500K Solstrip. It’s as rough as a badgers arse but i’m not looking to win a design competition :laughing:

9 Likes

We have a slight problem (more than just missing a door) the strip’s running dam hot! i checked the load, my meter says 70w :astonished: No wonder it’s so hot, even accounting for driver loss it must be maxing out the strip which is quite some feat for a supposed 30w driver.

Methinks this needs a rethink :thinking:

They do a 20w version of that wee driver, wonder what it’ll output on our mains. I cant seem to find anything else that’ll do the job so i might just have to get one and try it.

3 Likes

Those generic small-wattage candy bar drivers are prone to thermal runaway. They are not true constant current, so as the diode temps rise, they keep gobbling more voltage, and the generic drivers just keep supplying it, until an over-voltage breaker trips or something burns out…

I’ve learned the hard way, by buying, trying and trashing a lot of cheap power supplies, that if it isn’t built to drive LEDs, it won’t work, and end of day, Mean Well drivers save dollars and frustration.

5 Likes