Any one tried Blueberry Muffin from HSO?

I’m running two Blueberry muffin from Humboldt seed company and the both have overwhelming blueberry candy terps at 5 weeks.
I’m not getting any “muffin” at all but definitely a really feminine blueberry candy smell, they’re flowering in a room with 18 other plants and they are all I can smell.
Right now they’re looking like they will yield really well and the buds look fairly dense and are just starting to get some hints of purple in them. Pretty impressed so far but the real test will be how they smoke.

3 Likes

Just acquired some of those myself. Have a friend who absolutely loves the old school blueberry and I’ve been trying to find it for him. Have heard great things about this!

1 Like

It’s the best Blueberry strain that I’ve found, great terps!

3 Likes

Sweet! Now I’m even more intrigued

1 Like

You won’t have to run too many to find a winner. High frequency of blue terps in those.

1 Like

Any one have 3 blueberry muffin beans they can spare?

Ah that’s it, so they’re good then. I always get them and Humboldt seed organization, the Spain rip-off, confused, my bad :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I grew the dark heart nursery cut of Blueberry Muffins and it was turning purple right away! Taste like a Blueberry donut :fire: but mine was kind of fluffy and not the strongest high so I never brought it back but good flavor profile and beautiful plant! Might try again someday indoors instead of out

I can spare B.B.M X (B.B.M X Afghan) / J.O.T.I .
If I can remember to get stamps, I hit the store about every 10 days. It is an hour walk lots of time for me to forget stamps, I always forget, or have often. Any Chance you are in Canada?

1 Like

Here is the blue berry muffin clone from dark heart nursery , picked about ten of these off already. I have a very small light leak that I allow to test plants for traits like this. People will have there own opinions but all my keepers for breeding won’t do this regardless of light leaks or other stress. When I say small I mean you still can’t see inside the room but there is a pinhole of light that comes threw. If this was outdoors the neighbors porch light would probably be enough to trigger this. They are viable with pollen forming , sucks when a plant smells so good , looks so pretty but acts like this. I never kept the razzleberry around for the same reason , and it was outdoors with no stressors.

3 Likes

neighbors porch lights lol same problem here.
if the light is more or less sideways , depends if they are overly close but a light blocking wall or canopy could help out.
Wonder if autos are susceptible to light leak herming?

Idk but I tend to murder plants that grow male parts regardless of the cause, especially if it is triggered by light leaks. All the older generations of bean makers I grew up around insisted on abusively stress testing plants before passing on there genetics to future growers. Hunting out and stabilizing landraces is a different story but when were talking about a clone of a modern hybrid line that’s sold at retail locations this is not something I would want my name on.
Stress does not create hermaphroditism but rather exposes it. I can’t tell you how many herm male dominate plants I’ve encounters that don’t show the hairs untill about a week or two after the initial pollen drop. A lot of people will breed with or collect pollen before then and kill the male never giving it time to expose its confused self. Then breeders can’t figure out why herm traits show up in there lines and have possibly introduced them to other peoples gene pool.

3 Likes

I put out 5 old school Frieseland last year, left all alone except with one I topped everything it grew, you know few months before season start, than continuing outside. For sure they were not fully in dark ( neighbors lights ) The plant I topped the hell out of hermed the rest did not how ever. I did not want seeds I wanted to see the weight difference between the untouched plants and the very touched plant. So in the end I have stable fems . Year before I messed up 10 White Banner by not knowing my well was 730 ppm Total Dissolved solid as well as I thunked I needed to fert ever watering back than. Seeds, lots. I started a few than gave them little to a buddy who grew two great monsters outside, That yield about two pounds. He actually just visited , brought a jar, it was good. It still is, I got half left. loI straight almost threw those seeds all out. I figured they were unstable, I was wrong. ( also I got them from CropKing before I knew better) I am actually growing some of them at the moment because my flower room had a few empty spots so I let some landrace called Kumaoni pollinate them . I mean I have em, lights on, who knows, at min I will be able to gauge what traits were passed down and bring down the flowering time of the landrace. The W.Ban is actually a fast tall and wide veg grower and the Kumanio is fricken bamboo weed incarnate. Perhaps they will have some chemistry. who knows. They were almost trash. Lucky beans.

I grew BbM from HSC last year. It was the impetus for me veering off my normally narrow genetics path after a coworker raved about some Muffin he had just smoked.

While all that was going on, I had some issues with other plants so I ended up doing a multi-pollination outside with a BbM male.
I’ve grown the Vanilla Frosting x BbM. It was not terrific but still better than the original Muffin that I’d grown. I probably won’t explore that cross any further.

I recently finished what I think was a Fuji Apple Cooie x Bbm I called Countertop Kush since I found the bean on the countertop after transferring some to vikals for @RookieBuds

This one turned out a lot nicer than the VF x BbM cross and i’ll definitely be exploring those beans more.

That said, Blueberry Muffin is an ok cultivar but expect to hunt for the prize. It seems to work better for outcrosses.
Also, chitwonseeds has excellent deals on Humboldt Seed Company packs. My 2¢

9 Likes

Countertop Kush…. Stellar! Love the whole idea and it looks like some top shelf for sure.

1 Like

HSC was’nt the first to come out with Blueberry Muffin.

It used to be just a pheno that popped up throughout DJ’s work.
I remember on the forums back in the 2000’s seeing people find and pass around their BBM phenos from DJ’s offerings.
Around the time HSC found their BBM, thcvhunter published his BBM project which was a mix of several BB and BD lines.

I find BB lines throw out fresh berry, blueberry jam, grape, floral/perfume, and muffin top phenos.

3 Likes

You can get clones of this strain and any HSC from here. Decent prices as well. FYI I have heard thr Slightly Stoopid Strains are super terpenes, smoothie like I read one description

1 Like

Thanks for the mention and support! Blueberry Muffin is truly a gem.

1 Like

I have two HSC Blueberry Muffin clones going outside now. Pics above when they were indoors. Here is a pic of one from yesterday. Fighting weather like a champ. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks to a generous overgrower I have been blessed with 9 blueberry muffin x blue afghan seeds. Wish I hadn’t just started a bunch of others, gona have to wait a lil bit but I will post a grow diary of the bbm x ba grow.

2 Likes