Anyone into Computer Keyboards / Custom Keyboards

Give this free program a shot bud, it works well for me.

WinMerge - You will see the difference….

2 Likes

Been a while, but can you set them up in raid1? I think that parrots across both drives. Not sure what the tax on performance is.

1 Like

I’ll check that out tonight. Thanks.

I think that’s only good for drives that don’t have data on them already. And, raid scares me, I don’t want it. Just one main drive, and one for backup of the first.

3 Likes

Ahh. I re-read your original question and I think I misunderstood. Thought you wanted drive a=drive b for backup. and I guess you do, but one drive is larger than the other and has more data on it? so can’t use raid1 anyway.

That software @DougDawson posted might be the ticket then if you can view everything at the file explorer level.

3 Likes

i wrote a script called de-dupe, well larry wrote it, and it’s on github. it goes through the folder path you enter and checks that folder and all the ones under it recursively for duplicate files then it lists them and their md5 hashes. you could use that to get a list of the duplicates and then delete the ones you don’t need. just copy it to the root of c and run it from there. it may take a while so i’d leave it overnight. it’s in python.

1 Like

$fso = Get-ChildItem -Recurse -path A:\

$fsoBU = Get-ChildItem -Recurse -path B:\

Compare-Object -ReferenceObject $fso -DifferenceObject $fsoBU

This works in powershell, super easy, just update the drive letters to be the actual assigned drive letters for the drives in question. Powershell is native to windows and requires no installation of extra software.

2 Likes

Macbook Pro SD Card Reader Slot Not Working (read only mode, won’t recognize drive, can’t format/erase, can’t wire to it / move files to it, etc.)

If you’re having this issue, and you look up fixes, you might find software based fixes, or something to do with the “lock”/“unlock” tab on the micro sd to sd card adapter that comes with many micro sd cards. If that doesn’t work, try this:

I turned of the MBP, then I did this procedure three times. The first paper towel came out looking pretty dirty/discolored along where the contacts would’ve touched it.
I powered up the MBP after and the permission status (in “Get Info”) changed from “read only” to “you have custom access” (or something to that effect), and it now allows me to move a file to it, etc. (have write access).

Alcohol would’ve been my next attempt - but I would’ve just sprayed some in there, tilted to laptop and let any excess run out, then let it dry.
This was a slick trick, considering I don’t think I have a brush or tool that would’ve fit.
So I had to share it.