Aunt Ginny's Elixir- Mephisto Genetics

Well, after seeing Mephisto release another mixed cannabinoid strain in Aunt Ginny’s Elixir, I had to get a pack and grow some autoflowers after not growing any autos over the last 4 years. I started 4 seeds and ended up with 3 seedlings, have one going indoors and two that are growing outdoors. They weren’t all popped at the same time but likely within a week or so of each other.

Indoor Aunt Ginny’s, think it sprouted the very end of May? Starting to pull its main top down to create more even branching and canopy hopefully.

Outdoor in a half wine barrel, thought I may put two in the wine barrel but just went with the one, I know the size is definitely overkill. May train this one as well or just let it go all natural?

Another one in a 5 gallon fabric bag, was the runt of the three, had a tough time getting out of its shell and may be a tad stunted but she is starting to pull through despite the random snail/slug attacks.

I think this one is SODK from Mephisto, I didn’t have it labelled anymore but I just popped it for fun. This one is probably about a month ahead of the others, 5 gallon fabric bag as well and I pulled down the top cola while training the other branches outward.

Anyway, we will see how it all unfolds and if Aunt Ginny’s Elixir has Jack Herer like terps as Mephisto suggests, I may have a hard time keeping my nose out of these flowers once they all start to get going.

17 Likes

Nice, looking forward to seeing Aunt Ginny grow
Looking good! :+1:

2 Likes

Absolutely, I have an extra HLG 100 Rspec that I wasn’t using so I think it will work out well to keep an auto or two running indoors at all times. That curtain to the left of the indoor plant is a blackout curtain and the regular photoperiod plants are on the other side.

Had to get the blackout curtain cause my wife and I are always starting veggie seeds at different times throughout the year in the same room and their 18 hour light schedule obviously wasn’t compatible with flowering cannabis plants, thankfully autoflowers don’t seem to mind :smile:

3 Likes

Man, I think I might have some of those beans 🫘, I am all in to see what happens. :+1::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Looking good man! Jack terps?! Gotta pop the pack I picked up.

1 Like

Glad to have you around @OhNo555 and we will see how they grow out, pretty excited to see what comes of them.

That’s exactly what I am saying! Just love that anise, jasmine thing that Jack has, it’s a memorable aroma that I can pick out of a lineup, haha.

2 Likes

Mephisto Has GR8 auto Genetics :dna:! :partying_face::partying_face::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Alright, things are finally starting to move a bit over here after standing around and poking these things with a stick for a bit.

Indoor Aunt Ginny’s, pulled down the top and am trying to train the branches out to create an even canopy. Actually trying to train her some as in the past I just let them be. She is really starting to take off though, well developed pre flowers and am anticipating it starting to flower here shortly. She was started at the end of May (?) so we are likely over 30 days of growth. I will note that this space is an outbuilding so the temperatures can range a bit and isn’t a constant environment compared to a grow tent.

Outdoor Aunt Ginny’s, didn’t know if I would train this one as well or leave it alone, well, I guess I decided to train it, pulled down the top for now and we will see how it goes.

Aunt Ginny’s in the 5 gallon pot, this one is starting to catch up and I will let her grow out naturally with a single main cola.

SODK (?) in a 7 gallon pot, I am at least 90% sure this plant is indeed SODK, there is an off chance it’s Forgotten Cookies as these were the last two strains I purchased back in 2019. There is a slight spicy, citrus thing going on, smell is still faint but what I can smell is quite nice. I pulled down the top on this one and ran out of room, haha since I actually planted it in the middle of the pot with the intention of not training it. Oh well, still spread out the lower branches some and will still have a nice main cola.

3 Likes

Indoors Aunt Ginny’s, this one is bushing out big time, still hasn’t started to really flower yet and we’re probably 45 days from seed or so. Put it on 12/12 a couple weeks ago so it’s on the same schedule as the photos that share the space.

Outdoors, both Aunt Ginny’s started flowering within the last week or two.

Outdoor Aunt Ginny’s with training

Outdoors Aunt Ginny’s all natural

SODK, started about a month ahead of the others

3 Likes

Whats a stem rub on them Aunt Ginnys smell like? Im going to be doing a run of her and canna:cheese hopefully after this next run.

3 Likes

That would be fun running those two side by side to see what you end up with!

I need to do a stem rub on all three of them and I’ll report back.

2 Likes

That Aunt Ginny’s is sure a beautiful plant, her leaves seem to glow

2 Likes

Haha, yeah they do, maybe under the HLG 100 Rspec has something to do with it? I also spray weekly with neem oil mixed with a botanical plant tonic through veg and the indoor Aunt Ginny’s has been growing since early June so it has been “in veg” longer than most autos, but it does seem using those two things together really seems to shine up their leaves.

2 Likes

Ahh, neem oil can do that. Beautiful AND bug-free :100:

1 Like

Absolutely, I stay regimented with my IPM routine and it seems to do the trick!

2 Likes

I’m shit for describing stem rubs as they most usually just smell like some astringent, skunk, kush type smell to me and I do better describing the aromas of the flowers. With that being said:

The indoor Aunt Ginny’s (which actually is likely just starting to flower after I looked again) smells more mild, vegetal type smell, the all natural Aunt Ginny’s is more astringent kush/skunk, and the Aunt Ginny’s in the half wine barrel smells light kush with some underlying “oiliness” to it that mellows it out some. Hard to describe that oily smell but it’s something I have smelled in flowers in the past but can’t really describe it either, haha.

2 Likes