Average price for bud in your area

No legal here in fla can be up to 50 a grm for mexican seed weed minei sell. 20-25 a gram depending on what kinda bikini you wear…lol and around 50 a 1/4

3 Likes

Same here where i am atvertising sells

Yeah, but half the weight was seeds and stems…

1 Like

Depends on quality. I havent bought weed in 7 years, but friends pay between $1700-$2500 a p

The $1700 looks straight trash. Looks like mids from the 2000s minus hundreds of seeds and stems. But has the brown dirty leafy look to it. Smells of hay.

Those catchphrase strain of the week go for $40-$50 an 8th.

Stuff I grow is better.

This is in Massachusetts

8 Likes

I was in mass last week I was very surprised what people were charging . I would of thought it would of been allot cheaper with legalization.

Whats good weed gong for? When I say good I mean it checks all the boxes smell looks high. Well looks is debatable.

1 Like

$200-$240 an oz depends how many hands its went through

@Hugh_Glass

I do not mean to sound crass, but I have not purchased any cannabis in a very long time.

Well before the days of OG 1.0…

Regardless, I live and grow in South Florida, and I am resigned to the probability that it will never become legal to grow here in my lifetime. I will remain an outlaw, and was only hoping for legalization of growing to alleviate my paranoia stemming from my illegal home grows. I have been stockpiling my harvested flowers so that I never have to buy any cannabis whatsoever, for the rest of my life.

I have never been to any dispensary, and I likely never will.

21 Likes

Right on im in fla also went in a disp took a look and walked out they said can i help you i said not with that crappy weed if i cant get high from across the room when a bag gets opened i dont even want a toke ill pass

4 Likes

I cant imagine the best of the best being 200 240$ an o . Who is going to flower a 14-16 week haze and sell it for less than the power bill . An ounce of Mac1 goes for 240 an o? It takes months to veg that plant.
Im starting to question what people think top shelf is .

3 Likes

I dont know then… Like i said I dont buy weed.

You said good weed. Not top shelf. You can get good weed for 200-240 like i said.

50 an 8th for those skittles and wedding cake BS

Costs me about $7/oz to produce. Not including time. But i dont spend much time. I work a full time job.

1 Like

I don’t buy either, but I hear things.

I could see prices collapsing with a glut on the market from all the homegrown supply.

Whose going to pay dispensary prices when the number of guys who know guys who know guys goes up exponentially?

All the best

3 Likes

Around here in CFL 30-50 an 8th for mids-highs. Every once in awhile you’ll luck out and it’ll be really good for 40-50 an 8th. Halves go about 120-160, Os 200-300. Dispos are around 40-60 an 8th but its mostly sub par. Used to have a good connect that always had different good bud for 30 an 8th, 50 a q, 10/ 1g moonrock but lost track of him a lil bit ago. Prices and quality were pretty good about a year ago, then some major players got pinched and it all went downhill from there.

1 Like

7 an oz to produce. My monthly light bill is 600$ . Light cost is crazy here in CT. Cost me allot more than that .
I beilve average 8 , 9 week strains cost 200 an oz . I remember going to the city and an oz of haze from dominicans still cost an arm and a leg.
Wedding cake is actually a non yielding slow vegging strain. I dont buy pot either . Im just trying to wrap my head around the current market . It seems like it plummeted .
Im trying to understand what real high grade is worth. I dont think it would be worth growing it.

7 Likes

Its been about 10 years, but I moved to CT about 30 min SE of Hartford from SWFL. Was getting bud from my home town at half of what I got it back home. Was the damndest thing lol. Really good high grade was going for 10 a g, 180 an O. Dude didn’t even know I was from there when he told me where it was coming from.

2 Likes

1400w flower (43.75watts/sq.ft.) x 12hr x 63 days = 1,058kwh

900w veg (28watts/sq.ft.) x 18hr x 28 days = 453kwh

100w air pump, 90w 1000GPH water pump, 90w extraction fan (passive intakes), 40w (2 circulating fans) x 24hr x 91 days = 698kwh

2,209 kwh for a whole cycle at .22 cents a kwh = $485 a grow

Nutrients:

$45 (25#) 11,350 gram bag of Yara Liva Calcium Nitrate
$6 (8#) 3,632 gram bag Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom salt)
$60 (25#)11,350 gram bag 5-12-26 Jacks Nutrients
$14 (4#) 1,816 gram bag Haifa MKP
$25 (2.2#) 1,000 gram bag Jacks Finish 7-15-30 (Much better deals on 25# bags, but i got the kilogram bag to sample before i bought a bigger size and TBH the 25# is way too much, would last over 6 years)

System Volume is 120 gal

Veg I do one res fill up at 1.8g/gal jacks, 1.2g/gal calcium nitrate, 0.6g/gal epsom.

Veg Totals: 216g Jacks, 144g Calcinit, 72g Epsom

Flower I do (2) res changes of 2.4g/gal jacks, 1.6g/gal calcium nitrate, 0.8g/gal epsom and 0.4g/gal (1) res change PK boost week 4-6. Then I do 2.5g/gal finish and 0.5g/gal epsom weeks 6-8.

Flower Totals: 576g Jacks, 384g Calcinit, 252g Epsom, 300g Finish, 48g MKP PK Boost

Grow Totals: 792g Jacks, 528g Calcinit, 324g Epsom, 300g Finish, 48g MKP PK Booster

Nutrient Cost for full cycle: $4.18 Jacks, $2.09 Calcinit, $0.54 Epsom, $7.5 Finish ($1.59 if I bought 25# bag), $0.37 MKP

$14.68 nutrients
$485 electricity

Call it $500 per grow cycle at 1.5 grams per watt x 1400w - 2,100 grams divided by 28.375 grams per oz = 74oz

$500 divided by 74oz = $6.76 per ounce

Say I do even 1gpw which I havent done lower than 1.1gpw across all strains ive grown since switching to LED thats still only $10 an oz.

This is winter growing. Summer is harder to figure out since the AC and Chiller use variable draws.

But I assure you i’m saving myself a lot of money growing instead of buying weed.

Growing can be as expensive as you want to or as cheap as you want to make it.

Pay up front for good quality lights and learning a system that produces well and reap the benefits later. I started growing in 2011 in soil for 3 days and said fuck this and switched to DWC. It took me 9 months before I got my first harvest, mainly because im a perfectionist and would throw away plants that didnt look good. Ive mastered RDWC/DWC to a point where I need not go in my room for up to 2 weeks. I’ve got automated pH dosers and I could go away for even longer if I had a float valve and a separate reservoir to do top offs.

I’ve had mentors along the way. And forums like ICMag, RIU and now OG have given me great help.

Growing is now boring to me its just set it and forget it. Lots of LITFA.

14 Likes

Here in MN I sell my extra for $10/g. I could sell a pound a month with just the few people I sell to. I always run out though. We have medical, but it’s crap. Girlfriend is on it. Only vape and pills, no flower.

Although I have seen cbd flower in the head shops. I think state rules are %3 max cbd. So I would even bother.

2 Likes

I run dwc and aeroponics . I have what I think are good lights. 1000w solistek hids and & quantum board samsung leds , right now besides pre veg im running all hids. Bulbs are what I feel like using . Either solis tek or Yield lab hps / MH.
My air pumps are the ecoplus 3,566 gal per hour pumps . I run 55 gallon aeroponics tubs in flower .
I run few more watts and do ok. Ive been around im not new but thank you for the advice.

2 Likes

$200/oz is the price I’m seeing direct from caretakers (usually better quality than med dispensary). The few recreational stores around here just opened up, $60 per 1/8. On the street it’s about 150-180/oz for decent-good indoor. The medical dispensary is anywhere between street and direct from caretakers.
I’m still waiting for my first harvest, I’ve only been into one recreational store and bought a gram of MAC for $17 and change after tax.

3 Likes

I’m California When I last bought some it was 150 for cookies on the black market. I paid around 100 for some mids from dispensary or they’d have shake sometimes for cheap. I sell it for 75 if I can get it. People want the hype or exotics? Seems like prohibition states are the place to be! I was buying oz in Midwest for 200-300.

I haven’t bought since April of 2019. We should all get chips for that!

4 Likes

$200-300 an ounce for seedless “dro,” $100 for seeded commercial grade/mids. Forget about strain names around here, if you hear one it’s typically bullshit anyways. Think there might be a reason I grow my own? :upside_down_face:

6 Likes