Back neck shoulder pain suffering?

I hope you got the hook because as dumb as it looks it’s incredible
I am actually sitting here and my neck is not actually hurting for the first time and I can’t tell you when. my upper back and traps are really sore from the muscle hook but it’s a good sore not the typical shooting pain stop me in my tracks hurt But rather more like a sore muscle after you’ve worked it out really hard

3 Likes

OK I’m a stoned as I can possibly get can’t put it off any longer oh my God I’m not going to like this I’m gonna go lay on the stupid thing

trouble is I can’t put down the stick

11 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

Good luck on getting relief @Jetdro
I have been dealing with that sorta stuff for more than 20 years.
So I feel your pain. :grimacing:

You have some good tools there.
I have been using the hump type back traction device for a very long time.
It does get easier to use the more you do it.

The back buddy thing is invaluable no doubt.
Folks used to make fun of me when I brought it on vacation ect.
They swore it was some kinda weird sex toy… :rofl:

I have not tried the neck traction you have but I use a still point inducer.

https://stillpointinducer.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAp5qsBhAPEiwAP0qeJlK0HZdvZSSffHbKtHcl6by0NnJjhPGRqDVeBZYX2GjGSd6jjXIq6RoC8aQQAvD_BwE

There is a video in the link.

I like a foam roller too.

I have tried larger traction devices and got some results but after a while i quit using them for whatever reason.

I sold the back version but I still have a neck version.

3 Likes

Have you tried massage therapy? I carry a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders and massage therapy really has helped. Along with that I purchased a percussive massage machine. Between the two it has reduces the tension and discomfort almost to zero. You will need someone to operate the percussive massager for you to get the maximum relief from it. Good luck.

1 Like

I don’t even know where to start on the little green thing lol so I’ll guess I’ll start at the end when I finally got up off of it nine minutes later which was all I could take it felt odd.

I tend to carry my shoulders rounded with my head down and when I arch my back and put my shoulders back it tends to hurt.

when I got up off of this my shoulders were pinned back in my chest straight out and it felt kind of natural. it didn’t feel tight and it didn’t hurt and it felt like that’s where my shoulders wanted to be.

sitting here now typing this my shoulders are still back but now I can feel the muscle starting to hurt and wanting to roll my shoulders forward. The damn little thing actually widens your shoulders and does what it supposed to do even though it doesn’t look like it could. sitting here on the couch if I arch my back and widen my shoulders I’m actually getting some nice back popping which feels good. my shoulders are wanting to round and I can feel my muscle tightening. I can see this working very well,
unfortunately I’m going to have to use this thing like three times a day every day🙈

good thing is I guess the guy is right and it will widen my back and un round my shoulders it absolutely did and when I got up from the thing the first couple minutes were bliss. here 15 or 20 minutes later my shoulders are starting to round again but I consciously feel it now and are holding them back which makes my muscle sore. that’s a good thing just a few minutes on the damn thing and it makes me want to put my shoulders back😎

here’s the bad thing🙈

oh my God trust me I’m no sissy but I was scared to get on the thing and I had every reason to be as it turned out. I won’t go into the details but let’s just say the dogs thought I was dying on the floor. had I any neighbors close I’m sure they would’ve been pounding on my door 30 seconds in I want to get off

I actually did get off, rolled another joint of Tahoe smeared it with diamonds and sauce and then coated that in dry sift and lit it

I told myself when I laid back on it I’m not getting up until I finish this joint💯

it was horrible but about three minutes in it eased up a little and I started moving it around to spots that didn’t hurt as much. there was actually one or two spots where I didn’t have to scream nor cry so I figured those were not my problem issues and I started moving it to the spots that really hurt about five minutes in.

do you know the old TV shows in the westerns where they got to operate on some guy they generally they have to dig a bullet out of his arm and they give him a stick of wood to put between his teeth??? I was looking for a piece of wood🔥

A minute and a half in the joint was on the floor and all I could stand was nine minutes I couldn’t take a second more.

I don’t know how long it’s been but I’m thinking about laying back on it again yeah I’m THAT stupid. I hurt that bad.

I have never felt anything more painful in my back than that thing produced and that was with three pillows under my head and two throw pillows from sofa. The killer part is you have to put your knees up if that wasn’t bad enough you have to raise your arms with your hands behind your head and flatten out your elbows. so as it turns out along with the rounded shoulders hunched back and hung over neck do you also get tight arms and shoulder movement. laying your shoulders flat back and putting your elbows down puts incredible pressure on that stupid little thing oh my God I hate this stupid little thing.

The inventor claims it shouldn’t cause any pain yeah right buddy I must be so tight and so screwed up the pain is real trust me.

So even though it hurts me to just look at the thing I am going to just suck it up and use it three times a day for 10 minutes every damn day because as bad as the little bitch hurts I can tell it works

4 Likes

Yep over here as well. @Jetdro do you have links? That pressure point stick sounds like a winner!

Lol I found the links! I got so excited about pain relief I didn’t finish reading the 25 posts :sweat_smile:.
YouTube has been very helpful for me. Lots of chiropractors and physical therapist sharing self-release videos and stretches . Some actually works well. Bob and Brad have a lot of good stuff.
Twisted my l4 l5 when I was 10 and since have been fked. Severe sciatica can’t move, have nerve spams so bad when sleeping my whole body comes of the bed! No shit my girl confirmed that yes I do “levitate” even double barrel kicked a wall in my sleep and put my feet through it. It can be a bit intense.

3 Likes

Another thing to try is to get a tennis ball and a flat wall. Place the tennis ball in the area of discomfort and move up and down allowing the ball to keep pressure in the areas that hurt. Between the ball and the “S” shaped thing you should experience relief in those areas.

1 Like

yeah I have the tennis ball and I also use two tennis balls in a sock got to be honest this little orange thing that I just bought works better than either of those

They’re a little harder than tennis balls they have the bumps on them and because they’re stuck together I can turn it on it and then really do a number on my neck

3 Likes

go to walmart sporting section , can have one today.

I have nothing to do today and I’m going to spend the entire day working on my neck and shoulders I know I’m going to be sore as hell but I’d rather be sore than stiff and I want to find out if I really work the shit out of them for hours when I get up tomorrow are they going to be back to tight again or just sore

My shoulders are still back from that oblong thing

3 Likes

I completely understand what you are experiencing. I had a similar issue for 18 months and the pain was excruciating. If you haven’t try massage therapy, try it and do a 90 minute session to start. It is amazing the results.

2 Likes

yes I’ve had it and it works just like the stick thing does except for I can put it where I want it

I am no longer bringing in the big bucks and don’t have any insurance so I thought for the price of one treatment I could buy all the tools I needed and start doing it at home religiously

5 Likes

Great post @Jetdro! I’ll have to look into some of these for my back issues. Thanks for posting brother!

2 Likes

You got the good stuff! The whale tail and the shepherds crook are fantastic, those help me a lot with my back and neck pain from manual labor and a lot of bike crashes over the bars at speed, along with getting t-boned in the ass/hip once or twice etc, I was a soccer goalie growing up and worked in my dad’s carpet store carrying 100# or heavier 12’ rolls all day, my back is junk but the modern PT tools like this help a lot. Never broke my neck but I think I fractured a vertebrae in it at least once, and I’ve broken my left collarbone twice pretty dramatically.

A couple other things I like a lot:

https://www.thefoamfactory.com/comfortsupport/lowerbody.html

3 Likes

:laughing: yep

2 Likes

As someone who does still do stupid shit everyday and puts their body in compromising situations (added pics :rofl:) may have to check that out at some point. I’ve seen most of those used by some member of the the locker room cause you wind up seeing them next to/ on top of gear bags all the time. I had herniated discs in my back in 2 places at once when working at the zoo before the 13+ years of pro wrestling abuse to the body. Normally if something hurts more than my back its broken. Didn’t notice the last 3 times i broke my foot cause of that :man_shrugging:. Even with all the fancy new types of foam and ball rollers somehow a plain old tennis ball seems to work the best in my case. Glad to hear you found something that provides you relief from your pain!

5 Likes

yeah I see where that could cause a little pain funny I’m just now watching the iron claw movie and I just finished the scene where Harley race slams Kevin into the concrete and hurt him so bad he couldn’t get up

In the locker room his dad bitched him out for not being able to get up and he said that’s what we do son get the fuck up

@Whatnow

5 Likes

i LOVE the Muscle Hook , never had a better device yet it just looks so stupid . Don’t care I’m probably gonna start caring a thing with me everywhere I go I’m glad I got the heavy duty one because if somebody really gives me shit over it it would be the El Cabong supreme
:boom:

5 Likes

:joy:

that’s funny Jetdro, and cool thread of you to start. you are always looking out for folks, respect.

4 Likes

thanks man I try to look out for the others

I just popped my back down in the middle part of my back lower middle part the really deep deep deep one around my belly button the one that only two chiropractors ever have been able to make pop I have been laying on the arts board for about an hour and felt really good I got up sad at the table to type this out I arch my back put my shoulders back and stretched and I’ll be damned if it is didn’t go bang

it was the kind of relief where I laughed out loud for about five minutes from the relief of the pressure The only other time that’s happened was that my 92-year-old chiropractor who died a few years ago who could get it to do that every time I saw him now I’m going to be able to do it at home

8 Likes