Back neck shoulder pain suffering?

back when I used to do stupid shit every day I hurt my neck twice really bad. The second time I actually broke it. that was 30 years ago.

I live with constant neck trapezius and upper back pain sometimes it gets to the point where I can’t sleep I can’t turn my head and I’m absolutely miserable no amount of marijuana can take the pain away.

this past week it is gotten to that point and I had had enough. I spent the day googling watching videos and trying to find something that would help.

Amazon to the rescue all of these showed up yesterday and I spent the day working on myself with them

The little double rollerball works very well better than the two tennis balls in a sock I have been using.

The adjustable arched back thing is really nice you can adjust it to three different height levels I’m still on level one.

The blue whale tail thing is something you hang your neck off of to stretch your neck and it feels excellent laying on it.

The oblong little green thing was very expensive supposed to be the best of the bunch I haven’t got around to it yet but I’m going to in just a few minutes I’m not looking forward to it I know it’s going to hurt.

The green stick thing with all the points on it is a pressure point tool. oh my God I spent two hours with it last night and I can’t even begin to tell you how much better I feel. I can bend my neck both ways I am not in pain and the thing is a godsend. I bought it for my neck and my traps in my upper back but the damn thing will reach every single muscle on the body and the way it’s designed you can put an immense amount of pressure on the points. why on earth I didn’t know about this thing why none of the 50 chiropractors I’ve been to didn’t tell me actually the reason they didn’t tell me is I feel better using that for an hour then I do $100 adjustment.

I know there’s some old folks here that might benefit from this and I would tell you what that $29 stick is worth every penny after using it yesterday if I had to replace it and it cost $500 I would say here’s my money give it to me in fact I’m going back to Walmart today because they sell them I’m going to buy another one I want to put it in my car so as I sit in traffic or wherever I’m sitting I can use the damn thing .

I’m gonna try the elliptical thing in a bit and I’ll report back on how it worked

36 Likes

i am with you on these pains, i busted my neck prob about the same time as you 30 or so years ago, torn rotars ect. , get yourself a tens unit, i have two i use, i put the pads on the neck the shoulders in the back and put the other pads on my collarbone and crank it up, it helps ease the pain but does not last. i use a frozen ice pack as well. sleeping is hard no matter what or how. i sleep on a folded blanket as a pillow, this way i can find the right neck support as sometimes pillows or too high up.

7 Likes

I have 310s units that sit in a drawer the stick puts them to shame

5 Likes

Oh this is going to hurt I can just tell I think I’m going to roll a big fatty of Tahoe before I lay on this thing

11 Likes

I feel for ya brother. Had back surgery about 8 years ago so I feel your pain. I had a massive herniation between my l4l5 . I had extreme nerve pain and bad sciatica. I was fortunate enough to have had an operation but I had lived with nerve pain for several years and no amount of cannabis you’re right could take the pain away I didn’t do pills, but I ate a lot of edibles and smoked a lot of herb, I hope you can get that pain dealt with

4 Likes

6 knee surgeries have me in a similar spot, though I’ve heard neck and back is the worst. Keep keeping it up, brother. Rooting for you and I’m happy to hear you’re finding some new avenues of relief :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’m with you all. I’m suffering with back problems cervical and lumbar, I literally walk like my hip is broke…I gotta have surgeries but that whole insurance and Co pay thing prevents that. I’m having it effect my nerves and limbs now…pain pills help for the moment but a day later opiates do something wierd to me and gets my reflexes and nerves all outta wack. With random trembling I can’t control for seconds at a time…

3 Likes

Any chance you can drop a link to these? I’m getting a deep tissue massage every three weeks for my neck and shoulders, and my partner is even worse - he spends a few hours every week just lying flat on his back on the floor to stretch it out. Wouldn’t hurt to have some options, if they at least halfway work, and it sounds like these do.

4 Likes

Do a search for massage hooks and you will find tons of them ……

1 Like

I have a nightmare going on myself. Spinal stenosis in The neck and radiating sciatica in BOTH legs with debilitating pain in the outer calf where it inserts. Havn’t been able to stand upright or walk without a cane for two years. I hate to say it, but after 20 plus years of chronic pain and joint deterioration from RA and now this shit, suicide begins weighing in as a treatment plan.

2 Likes

at times my neck hurts so bad I’m right there with you just put a stop to the throbbing and get us get some sleep

I slept better and longer last night that I have in years thanks to that damn stick. speaking of the stick yeah you can find them all over Amazon but the deal is the one I’ve got is the one you want the others are flexible and they don’t put the same amount of pressure that this thing does this one runs $30 and I actually got it at Walmart they stock them they’re in the sporting good section but I did notice Amazon does sell the same one it’s called the muscle hook by go fit.

I laid on the arched thing for about 15 minutes just now. when I first laid on it I could barely put any weight and it hurt like hell so I just moved it further up my back till I could stand to lay back. after a few minutes it didn’t hurt anymore and it actually felt better. I gradually inched it lower and lower till it was in the middle of my lower back and when I finally relaxed enough so that my shoulders touched the floor my back popped in like four spots and all of a sudden I was flat on the device and it felt amazing. I laid there for about 10 minutes smoking on some Tahoe and for a moment there my back didn’t hurt.

I then pulled out the blue whale tail thing which to be honest I thought was going to be a joke. The reviews on Amazon aren’t very good and a lot of people say it’s a waste of money but for 20 bucks I was going to try it regardless that’s how bad I hurt. it’s super comfortable and puts my neck at a really nice angle that feels great at first it didn’t feel like it was doing much. it says to lay on it for 15 minutes no more. after about five minutes I noticed my head was going further and further back until it eventually touched the floor. five minutes later I was actually comfortable for the first time in a decade and if I hadn’t of got up I would’ve fallen asleep. it says you can’t sleep on the thing because it puts your neck in a position that’s not good for extended time so I got up.

digging the muscle hook into my trapezius it hurts about half as much as it did yesterday.
instead of excruciating pain it now actually feels good digging into the muscle.

this hook is absolutely amazing I wish I had found it decades ago.
i’m telling you it will reach every muscle in your body it’s designed really well it looks funky as hell but as you use it for a few hours you can find 20 different ways to use it that feel incredible. i’m using it on my neck my traps and my shoulder blades I don’t have any mid or lower back problems but I could see where the damn thing would reach anywhere you wanted to and it’s long enough so that you can put super pressure on the spot when you need it.

Do those above asking me about it in talking about their back issues just go get the thing I mean like just stop what you’re doing right now we can go get one then you can come back here and thank me

7 Likes

Tell me about it I have a total knee on the right side they told me it would last 15 years that was 40 years ago it’s still in there

2 Likes

i’ve been to so many chiropractors I could write my own book on them and to be honest only one of them was really good.

The muscle hook is better than any treatment I’ve ever had from any of them no it hasn’t cracked my neck yet but I can tell that’s coming once I get it loose enough it’s going to crack and I just can’t wait I suspect in the next two or three days it’s going to happen because I am going to sit here for hours and use this hook it feels better the longer I use it.

seriously go to Walmart right now and buy one if Walmart doesn’t have one I bet a sporting good store near you will you can’t get this one on Amazon for about a week you can get some cheaper versions but like I said I tried the cheaper versions at the store and they all flex and they’re not good this thing is a beast

5 Likes

Did a little searching and found most of them myself. Here’s links if anyone else is in the mood to look for them. I bought the little whale tail for neck & shoulders, and the massage hook; figure I’ll give them a try and return them if I don’t like them. I’m waiting on my partner to tell me if he wants to pay for the other two, since he’s got the back issues.

5 Likes

I hurt my back this week and this post is perfectly timed for me. I will try anything at this point. I hurt my back at least twice a year moving pinball machines. Seems like some are for upper back pain and some for lower. Mine is almost always in the lower back. What would you suggest I consider buying? Here is what I found on amazon and some a slightly different than what you have pictured so if you could let me know on some of these I would appreciate it. $121 for all of them seems like a deal but at the same time I don’t need more stuff in my house if a couple are the gona do it.

HAHA i just saw @Cormoran and i are on the same page

2 Likes

so the bottom one the pod has the most reviews and is the most highly recommended I watched all the videos by the New Zealand Doctor Who invented it.

I have the chronic rolled over rounded shoulders head down curved down neck that they show when people are slumped over a computer.

all the work I do or have done in the past on my neck and traps doesn’t seem to alleviate the problem and he claims that it’s because the traps in the neck aren’t causing the problems it’s my upper back.

there are actually pictures on Amazon that you can tell are real of people with huge humps right behind their neck using this thing for only a few weeks and making them disappear.

so I watched all his videos and although I don’t understand the science behind it I have been hurting so bad it was 60 bucks shit I’ll spend that at the convenient store on cigarettes a soda and some candy. so I bought it.

i’ve had it since yesterday evening and I haven’t had the nerve to lay on it yet I know how it’s going to feel I’m not looking forward to it.

he says that it should give you no pain other than a slight stretch but that’s the same thing that the arched back people say and let me tell you it was excruciating for the first couple of minutes but I bared with it and it felt great by the end.

there’s actually a lot of science behind this thing and I know it’s going to work I just know it I’m just dreading getting on it in fact I’m rolling another joint of Tahoe trying to work up the courage​:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

i’ll jump my E bike 60 foot up a top of an 11 foot jump, but I haven’t worked up the nerve to lay on this yet💥

So I need some help somebody here told me to lay on the stupid thing and I will

7 Likes

I spent like 150 bucks I think in right now not even using this expensive one yet it’s been the best 150 bucks I ever spent in my life bar none.

so as I said earlier it’s not my lower back but my upper I didn’t do much research on the lower back stuff but what I will tell you is that stretcher thing I got the arched one really stretches your whole back I think you’ll get benefit from that also that dual orange ball thing I bought that at Walmart also they stock those two are used to use two tennis balls in a sock and let me tell you those working real good tree on the lower back this little thing works better it was like 10 bucks .

The hook and the one you posted looks exactly like the one I have but I don’t think it’s the same brand but anyway that thing will get anywhere you can put it anywhere on your body your foot your calf your back your neck your face your leg anywhere so I would say get that sucker

2 Likes

If you don’t just nut up and lie down on the stupid thing already, I’m gonna have to go downstairs and kill a perfectly healthy rooted MAC1 clone for no good reason other than to spite you! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

thank you for that I was serious

let me finish number two and I’ll hit the floor it says about 10 minutes total one minute in each spot moving it around so I’ll come back and let you know if I survived

5 Likes

I wish you good luck, back pain is no fucking joke. Totally life changing. I ordered 3 of the items, i really appreciate you taking the time to post about this.

3 Likes