Backyard soil rejuvenation project

Nice job! Put those flowers right to work. You made the day of a butterfly this year! Nice work!

2 Likes

Capturing that photo was preferable to a shot of the wasps pollinating the sunflowers. lol I’m cool with bees, but really try and stay clear of the wasps. They freak me out. Those Italian Whites seem to be their nectar of the gods…

2 Likes

The jaguar marigolds are cool

Yellow dahlias coming in

Wizard of oz dahlia again cuz it looks more beautiful every day

Glads are starting everywhere

6 Likes

This thread was a lot to catch up on @Meesh, after missing a couple months of your springtime activity. You got a bit of everything in there! …Right on, I, on the other hand, rejuvenated my soil by planting in pots with promix :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking forward to seeing how the garden does over the summer

3 Likes

@HappyHemper Glad you’re back! I missed you! So, heck yeah you missed a lot… garden shot from 5 mins ago

And the new my planters, complete with plants even

6 Likes

Your new lot is really busting Meesh… Nice work. It’s all coming together now. your weed plants should really love that space. It’s so cool when they start filling up. It all only gets better from here! peace

3 Likes

Can we put an autoflower in the flamingo (to make it useful)? :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Holy shit you have a good eye! I just bought that like 3 days ago. 99 cent store, too cute to pass up! Too small for an auto, Still trying to figure out what to put in there. May start some new violas for it. :eyes:

Just cuz you said that I went right out there and planted some seeds in it. lol

2 Likes

@Meesh, this is phenomenal! I missed you too; always look forward to reading your garden updates. One day I’ll reclaim mine from English laurel and ivy…

A lot of my travel is in the USA, and I cannot have any connection to cannabis of any kind or risk inadmissability, in which case I’ll lose my job. So on those months of being on the road I clear all my computers and phones of all cookies, history, Google data shit, etc. If I log in on any device I stand a chance of getting in trouble, because our wonderful “connected technology” pollutes the rest of the devices…

Traveling again the weeks of June 18 through July 1, so that will be dark times again :wink:

3 Likes

Good morning…glory

3 Likes

Now that things are starting to bloom like my lilies and I can see exactly where the perennial bare root plants are and can see holes and spaces in the flower beds, I am on another perennial hunt. Everything was completely bare out there when I originally planted so it was hard to envision. Anyway, The back front planter that lines the back of the house looks so weird and partially naked. I had planted hyacinths in the front and lilies in the back on one side… so it had early spring flowers then nothing but ugly yellow and browning leaves until now when the back lilies are starting to finally bloom. So yellow and ugly then big bare patch and a couple lone lilies straight up the back. In the other half of the planter I had put the hybrid lilac bush which was just a bare tiny twig for 1/2 the year, now it is about 3 twigs large with leaves, eventually it will span 4-6ft. Near it I planted papavers and ranunculus. Well I keep watching the papavers to make sure it doesn’t crowd out my prized lilac bush. It’s all up on it, but the lilac doesn’t seem to care right now. Realized that the papavers and ranunculus were planted WAY too close to it. So when they die back for the year, I will probably just rip out the papavers and dig up the ranunculus rhizomes and replant them closer to the front of that bed. In the meantime on the bare other side (that planter is probably 10 -12 ft long). I realized that I need Delphiniums planted in the back near the lilies and I have some perennial carnations that I started from seed in starters that should go in the middle so that bed will look plentiful next year as the hyacinths die off after spring. I was planning to pull out the hyacinths, but now with my new plan, I think they can stay, at least for another year when I see everything grown out. Sheesh! Perennials from seed take forever! Def not instant gratification plants that’s for sure. I keep starting shasta daisies as well and only have one starter right now. I’ve lost quite a few as seedlings, either the birds got them or they just damped off. Don’t know, but I have a few spaces for those and I also want one in a big container if I can ever get them big enough to transplant.

4 Likes

Alright sowed 6 starters with delphiniums, 2 more shasta daisies, 2 bells of Ireland and 4 french white marigolds (found more seeds at Wal-mart). Tried these marigolds before in the veggie patch and bugs got them. I’m so curious to see them grown out so what the heck, I started some more.

3 Likes

Liquid fish drench per soil test complete.

Garden on May 3rd

June 5th

6 Likes

What’s the plant in terracotta at bottom-right? :confused:

2 Likes

A plumeria cutting that I probably should transplant as it’s been in that pot 3 years and only gets like 5 leaves on each branch every year. lol It has yet to flower.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Having my morning coffee. Getting some juju working first then gonna tackle the garden. At least finish digging up the Bermuda Grass. Happy Saturday

2 Likes

Excellent fodder for trippin’ :smile:

5 Likes

@cannabissequoia I really love these beauties and they are only like 3 feet. I’ll def grow them again!

Dug out the most of the winter crops and a massive amount of bermuda grass. Took about 5 hours. Ended up planting my 3 lemon basil starters out there. They have been in the starters for months and just weren’t taking off for some reason. I think they just need soil. The first time I germed them they got big quick then as soon as I planted them I had the bug invasion and it killed them all. These new ones look pretty sad, hoping they take off without getting munched this time.

3 Likes