Backyard soil rejuvenation project

Bell peppers

My first glad starting

Row of zinnias

My garden is BAD ASS! Just had to say that. Lol pictures just don’t do it justice. There are whole universes in there when you wander through it. I’m very proud of it.

7 Likes

And because I wasn’t in enough pain, I weeded a planter on the back side of the house and got the carnations in the ground. :older_woman:

4 Likes

Is that a type of Sunflower above…? Never saw one like that I don’t think. It’s a beauty.

I have some Iris coming up on one spot, and noticed the Colorado Columbines are blooming back in the jungle garden. I have to go and get pics of those later when it warms up some. 90 degrees yesterday and 41 right now… and wet.

Here’s my Iris… It may last a while with all of the rain and cool weather this year. All of the flowers are liking this weather. Every fruit tree bloomed and has fruit, too. A rare occurrence.

5 Likes

OMG! That’s beautiful!

Yes, a sunflower called Ms. Mars

2 Likes

6 Likes

Mulched this flower bed today. This is the naked one I am germing the delphiniums for and just planted the carnations starters in. Next year should look much better

3 Likes

@GMan I just remembered my bearded iris. It just sits out there green, but I have yet to get a flower since I bought it. I don’t even remember what it’s supposed to look like anymore.

3 Likes

I can relate. That particular flower is the first time I’m seen it bloomin 2 years. It seems to like lots of water and lots of light. Her siblings go farther down the driveway but are shaded my the carport and the shrubs on the other side… No blooms on them. Lots of stuff blooming around the yard though with all of this rain and coo. weather. pretty cool.

The Columbines are not here every year either if it’s dry. I have to snap some pics of them. They’re a very pretty flower with a unique shape. Your place will look awesome next year. All of the hard work will show!

peace

4 Likes

Could I get a species name in this sunflower? Absolutely beautiful? Have you grown this variety before?

2 Likes

First time! Ms. Mars is the sunflowers name. I think it was from burpees seeds

3 Likes

Oh yeah @GMan both @Tinytuttle and I tried to germ columbine seeds. Total pain in the ass. I think he finally got one or two to germ but gave up and bought a starter and I couldn’t make it happen at all.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Wow, very pretty flowers… very striking. I like the yellow and the pink one…

3 Likes

I love the double color in the glads on the pink one. Y’all will probably see a lot of gladiola pics as they are all starting to open this week. lol

4 Likes

Check it out now, so bitchen! Looks like some multi colored purple are gonna open too

5 Likes

First mammoth in the house! Stakes are 10 feet. I’m guessing tallest now is about 8 1/2… EDIT: Oh! That’s the Sunshine Daydream on the right. :wink:

5 Likes

That’s awesome… I love sunflowers… and those are monsters, those leaves remind me of my rhubarb in the backyard…

You’re a bad influence… Now, when I am going through the backyard, I often find myself thinking… “Hey, I bet @Meesh would like to see a picture of that, as things are beginning to bloom”… lol

Peace
DaFozz

2 Likes

I sure the heck do! You know I love flowers! Bring it! :grin:

1 Like

Gomphrena starting to bloom. I think they get taller , cutting size… I hope

3 Likes

Let me get Season 3 of The Beverly Hillbillies underway, and I’ll see what I have on my phone ya’ nut…

Peace
DaFozz

1 Like