Black, Bay Area, Bodhi, Beans, Been Booming Baby!

Don’t forget about Eddy’s brother Charlie either! Didn’t know how funny that guy was until the Chappelle show but he is really hilarious. For those not familiar, I suggest watching some of those skits.

5 Likes

4x4 got a top dress on Sunday of EWC, Craft Blend, 0-10-10 and Egg/Mussel shells. Been watering both tents with biology, ferments and silica. Preparing a Banana peel tea, considering the Beet FPJ as the sugar source instead of molasses.

5x5 is now 11.5/12.5 light schedule. Plants are happy. Knowing there’s a winner in there. African Dragon and Jeffrey are the only ones we don’t have rooted cuts of. Have done no spraying and no IPM drench.

2x2 is happy. They love the gallon pots and will probably be ready for more space in a coupla weeks. Unfortunately space will not be available for a month or two. Cover crop is coming in nice and their watered often. Soil hasn’t settled and there isn’t much room for mulch.

Fresh cuts taken from the 4x4 and the 5 plants currently outside taken from the 4x4. Maybe 15-18 rooted babies from the 5x5 and outside put in solos under 30w.

Outside is absolutely beautiful. Plants are happily stacking. Saw the first bit o amber on the FSxFS auto. Defoliated 1 Maroon Baboon and the Z plant. Will be watering less as plants finish.

Got a great gift in the mail yesterday.

Big ups @CADMAN @DougDawson for exemplifying the OG spirit

11 Likes

Awesome brother, glad they made it safely, happy growing :v:

3 Likes

Found what looked like a spent male flower on the Razzberry Unicorn. Started looking closer and found 2 sacs on the Babylon Buster. Swallowed em immediately. Found nothing else in 5x5. Will continue searching in both tents. Still no nanners.

4 Likes

Moved solos into 2x2. Considering dumping EWC, Craft Blend, 0-10-10, Chicken Manure a little Oat Flour and Nutritional Yeast in a bucket for future top dress.

Edit: the Strawberry Headband and Old Soul are happy.

10 Likes

Have you tried the compost bundle?

4 Likes

@Hapi I have not tried the bundle. Looks nice.

My buddy said nanners were from stress and pollen sacs have more to do with genetics. Can someone please let me know if there’s truth there. I am not happy it took this long to find em. They weren’t hiding. I wasn’t looking good enough. Useta get trays of clones for $2-$5 each. Now I know. And knowing is half…

Edit: @DougDawson @misterbee @CrunchBerries @Rogue @syzygy @BeagleZ @HeadyBearAdventures @JoeCrowe @highminwin @Hapi

Is the nanners vs. sacs information on point? Is it bullshit? Somewhere in between?
Thanks
Peace

5 Likes

hmmmm, I dunno man, never heard that one but interested in others responses as well

3 Likes

Multiple conditions that could cause formation of Pollen Sacs, in my opinion. Temp-related, Genetics, Light conditions, etc. I don’t think there is ONE general rule. A host of prolific Breeders here can elaborate more specifically than myself. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I agree with @misterbee , I think it’s a bit of bro science to say that male flower presentation can be ascribed to one factor or another… it’s an over simplification (which is the basis of most bro science: correlation without causation/ anecdotal “evidence”)

6 Likes

Thanks all. I was wondering if this was something I did. I have cuts of each of the questionable plants and will run em again to see if it happens again. The outdoor BB looks good. Steady learning.

3 Likes

From my seedling trials it seems that genetic herms start to produce pollen sacks in the first 2 weeks.
My meat breath will produce pollen sacks if exposed to elevated temps.
My big bud always produces a few sterile pollen sacks in the final days of flower: Rodelization.

6 Likes

I only had nanners once, and it was likely from high light intensity stress.

2 Likes

Outside

^^Garlic Goji from @Strayfox 1 purple stemmed on the right 1 green on the left

^^Goji OG f2 from @ramblinrose on the left on the right is a lost tag plant but I think it’s Goji too. Both purple stemmed.

^^ 7 Sour Bluetooth f2 unsexed recently topped for future cuts(doh). Healthy and happy

Edit: love the way of the wind on these stems

12 Likes

Lookin healthy man! That untagged one on the right looks like a goji - leaf shape especially familliar.

5 Likes

Oops untagged one is on the left. The pink tag is Goji. My bad.

The one back left is purple stemmed Goji and in the center is a green stemmed Goji, having minor issues, she’s gonna be fine. Day 18f

7 Likes

This African Dragon is still talling

Love how aggressive these calyxes are, pic doesn’t do justice. Cuts didn’t root and I either traded, gave away or misplaced the remaining AD beans.

Peace and Growth

17 Likes

I saw pm spots 2 days in a row outside. 2 plants in a 20g fabric that’s on 4th or 5th run. Too far along to spray anything. Sprayed sulfur awhile ago maybe 6 weeks. Only sprayed once. Those are the only 2. Usually shows up mid-late flower. We are at that stage inside and out. Hoping nothing is seen tomorrow.
Makes me wanna spray the Sour Bluetooth and 2x2 with sulfur.

Regalia is pricey.
@JoeCrowe I am not saying that your protocol failed. Sure this is on me. I want to defeat this. Your confidence and inability to profit from me got me on your team. Plants grew a bunch since spraying, is the new growth safe? Is it important to spray closer to flower onset? Thanks again for all your help.

This shit was a problem 20 years ago. Only issue, besides me getting in the way, that is still an issue. Wow. Maybe 5-6 leaves on 2 plants over 2 days, but that just means…

All else is cool, stop tripping… nothing can save ya.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
Peace

5 Likes

On a brighter note been putting banana peels in water last few days added molasses.

7 Likes

Yah the thing outside is you need to spray twice and make sure you get the area around them as well. If the infestation has been going on for a few years, you can break the cycle in the spring by spraying the ground where you grew the plants before planting. It spreads more than 15cm but less than 6 meters. That’s where the plant material will be on the ground that will create the re-infestation.
Also make sure it’s not just some water scale, and it’s indeed mildew.
Always make sure to spray twice two weeks apart. Never in bloom.

4 Likes