Blueberry terps

Another overseas breeder that sells seeds for an American clone only variety. I have the original from here in Maine, can’t wait to try a clone of her in bloom. it’s been a few years since I’ve had MOB, but definitely very fruity with a strong blueberry note.

6 Likes

Your California Diesel did good for me I might just do that. Thanks

SkunkHunt 101. The fact that D.J. Short lost the original parents is a known fact. Yes what he is working with is Blueberry. It isn’t like the old original Blueberry. Take what you want out of that. I didn’t mention that part because I thought most people knew that.

I bought his Blueberry F-5 and ran the whole pack. There was 3 females with different smells. It isn’t that they didn’t smell like Blueberry, The weed was weak with shitty affects and little flavor. I have never been that disappointed in any strain before. Blueberry was never known for high THC, It was known for great flavor and affects. From what I found it isn’t like that now. That is how I judged it. When you spend 190.00 on a pack of seeds and find now keepers. We call that shit genetics were I come from

5 Likes

Thanks for all the comments. Looks like I will be trying Blueberry Muffin.

Let me make this clear. I am not bashing D.J. Short. It is a shame the genetics were lost. I still have genetics of his that I will run in time. His mark on the breeding world will always be there.

I made the mistake of thinking Blueberry F-5 was a better version. There are great breeding males and female Blueberry plants out there. I was just wondering who is doing the best work with them.

5 Likes

Sorry about the necroposting, but glad to hear it’s not just me. I didn’t buy from DJ Short directly, but got Blueberry seeds from a friend, and it was probably the worst weed I’ve ever come across in 25 years of smoking. I thought I just didn’t know how to grow, or that my friend didn’t know how to breed, or that it might not even have been Blueberry, and kept coming up with all kinds of terrible ways to “help” the plant which just kept making it worse, and has probably given me bad habits that persist today. Then I got two Northern Lights seeds from the same friend, and both plants turned out quite nicely, better than any of the 50+ Blueberry I grew by leaps and bounds. To be fair to DJ, I’m still not certain this was Blueberry in the first place, but whatever it was called, it was very disappointing. I threw away all those hundreds of seeds and went in search of new genetics.

3 Likes

This is the DJ shorts blueberry that I got as a clone from a local shop. I had mentioned it months ago but now have pics to update with. Made my whole tent smell like blueberries to the point I had to pull other plants out to smell them.

22 Likes

Yeah, I wish mine had ever looked like that. :stuck_out_tongue: The Northern Lights did, though not as big because we had to move them around mid-grow and ended up with a spider mite problem. The Blueberry was basically just popcorn bud; even broke crackheads were reluctant to smoke it more than once.

3 Likes

That clone turned out nice! Id love to try the authentic dj cut at some point - I know he released his breeder cuts awhile ago so might be his bb mom.

2 Likes

D.J. Shorts early stuff is everything they say it is. I hope to find a good Blueberry cut someday. There really isn’t anything quite like the real deal Blueberry.

I have Blueberry F-4 and F-5, I am sure I will grow them at some point in the hopes of finding something worth keeping. I am sure he did things the same way in hopes of recreating Blueberry. When it didn’t work, he should have renamed it so people knew it was different. I wonder how much money he made before word got out? I noticed his Newberry isn’t bred with the Blueberry F-5. He knows!

Thinking about him selling the later version. Knowing what it was, ruined all faith I had in D.J. Short.

2 Likes

You guys should give AK Bean Brains a try, I’ve grown DJ Short, Dutch Passion, Sagarmatha, Lemonhoko and various crosses from other breeders, the best one so far for terps has been AKBB Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry , wonderful consistent blueberry terps, Also really good is Lemonhoko’s blueberry but not as consistent terps, out of 24 seeds I only had one female that had loud blueberry terps, but wow was it good, I wound up breeding that female to an AKBB Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry male, I call it Blueberry Quest, haven’t ran it yet, but I hope it’s good :blush:

16 Likes

I am running Blueberry Muffin right now. It and Blueberry’s and Chocolate by Useful seeds. I have hope for the Blueberry Muffin. I also have some Katsu genetics that I hope to find blueberry terps in. NYC Blueberry x Hotcakes, and Blueberry Indica x Platinum Kush. I will find what I am looking for sooner or later LOL.

3 Likes

Don’t sleep on that bb n choc. There’s fire in those packs

3 Likes

That BB Muffin x Vintage BB is one of the strains I’ll be using in my large Blueberry pheno hunt…been looking for a similar BB that I used to get here in AK in the mid 90’s…still haven’t found anything close!

These will all get popped here soon

Vintage Blueberry
Fast Vintage BB
BB Muffin x Vintage BB
907 Blue Genes (Goosebay BB x Vintage BB)
“90’s AK” Blueberry
Blueberry Indica
Esko Blueberry Sativa
Blueberry Cream
Peak Seeds Blueberry
Arctic Blue(Blue Magoo x Vintage BB)
Dean’s Beans Blueberry

Trying to work on a Blueberry strain that tastes of pure sweet blueberry…no earth, musk…just blueberry!

Alaskagrown

20 Likes

Dang that will be a cool hunt! Love the bb strains here, will be very interested to hear what you find!

6 Likes

Keep us posted, I’d like to see that hunt!

4 Likes

Check out my journal I did with AKBEANBRAINS BB muffin X Vintage BB. Was really good smoke. Had a super strong berry funk and one vintage bb sativa pheno that smelt of straight menthol Vick salve. They did smell like bb if I left the jars open for a bit . Really good but I haven’t gotten the hot bb muffins smell smoke that I had in 2000 . Still looking for something similar.

8 Likes

Blueberry muffin CAN’T be the best blueberry yall have access to…

You guys are seeking out watered down shit. My God…

2 Likes

Lol where’s your Journals at?
Blueberry muffin taste and smell bb watered down? Lol please explain I’ll wait……………………:call_me_hand:t2:

4 Likes

Or not? :sunglasses::v:

4 Likes

Have you tried jordan of the isles’s blueberry? I’ve been told it’s a very up front blueberry. I’m hoping to get some soon and compare to the cut of DJ blueberry I got that is very blueberry on the stem and buds.

7 Likes