Blueberry terps

As much as D.J. Short tried the new Blueberry seeds just don’t cut it. Now that the true Blueberry is gone for ever. Where is everyone looking for good Blueberry terpenes?

7 Likes

HSC blueberry muffin smells exactly like its name and is an f9 at this point. Pic mine.

19 Likes

Did HSO rebrand to HSC, or are they different?

1 Like

HSO, Dinafem, and La Mota are all different brands of the same company (pot sistemak), which is why they all have the same message on their website saying they can’t process orders right now. They got busted in Spain stealing electricity to run their breeding op.

HSC is an actual Northern California company that partners with local farms in CA and Oregon (hendRX nursery, fire mountain farms, rising leaf farms, etc.) to do gigantic pheno hunts involving thousands of plants.

14 Likes

Thanks, with so many options out there, I get dizzy trying to keep track. I appreciate this info.

5 Likes

I grew out this blue Oaxaca x Blueberry from deep ellum and yooooo, this stuff smelled how blueberries taste. Imagine eating a handful of the sweetest, juiciest, blueberries well that’s what this smelled like.

Juicy, sour, blueberries, and earth all come to mind when I think about her.

And the blueberry muffin is fire! I worked on a farm a couple years ago, they had it and the blueberry muffin was hands down the best smelling plant there. I thought it was from HSO though lol so confusing.

12 Likes

So you are saying basically from what I gather that DJ is selling Blueberrys that are not the real thing? I was planning on getting a breeder pack from him. This is not a good investment according to you? Do you have any proof his plants are not blue smelling or was it just your one grow of a few seeds? You’re opening post is lacking information for having such a bold statement. We call is a shitpost where I come from

1 Like

I’ve seen a lot of people who have bought and grown DJ short’s blueberry complaining that it no longer carries the iconic blueberry terps it’s known for, and the most common answer I’ve seen is that he lost the blueberry male and the currently available blueberry seeds are a re-invention of the line.

I haven’t grown it personally, but I’ve seen enough posts by different people on RIU, thcfarmer, icmag, and now here spanning like 5+ years saying so that I would be hesitant.

6 Likes

Idk what lineage it’s from, but a “local” shop here sells a clone labeled DJ shorts Blueberry that reeks of blueberries even in veg. Changes to dank blueberry muffin I bloom.

3 Likes

I researched DJ Short blueberry seeds and also read that it isn’t the same as it was. Blue Star Seed Co. has been working with DJ Short directly to breed out crosses. I’ll be running some next year and this one looked promising.

7 Likes

I’ve got 3 seeds from a friend that was labled:

Blueberry from dutch passion D.J. Short X Vortex F2 (This the one d.j. short was working on with dutch passion before they split ways.)

Anyone got any reference info on Dutch passion working with DJ short? I know little of DJs history. Haha I looked it up, long reading.

I’m hopeful this one would be FIRE.

5 Likes

Blueberry muffin is amazing blueberry terps and awesome high in my opinion. Had to plant one by the house this year just to have that smell around

5 Likes

different they are.

4 Likes

How long ago were they lost? I made a cross with a DJ Short Blueberry about 3-4 years ago with some of what I guess would be “legit” blueberry since the mom smelled as such.

5 Likes

I have some blueberry worrior, it’s an f6 S1 from Dutch passion x f8 enlightened genetics worrior cookies. Smells like grandma’s freshly baked blueberry muffins

5 Likes

some Hso blue dream was run here last winter and TH seeds M.O.B. also both smelled of blueberry -grape

1 Like

Here you go @CADMAN:

4 Likes

I can vouch for the Blueberry Muffins! Mine was tasty and turned all purple…and right when you flip to flower they start getting color.
Almost everything HSC comes out with is one the most “terpiest” strians lol

7 Likes

That Blueberry Muffin looks really nice! It sounds like you’d have some good luck with it.

I have only grown one Blueberry and it was actually from Seedsman… and it actually did smell a lot like blueberries. Not sure what they used to create their version, but I was surely impressed. Could be a relatively cheap option to try.

3 Likes

I had good luck with one female from djs Breeders choice mix 2. Cured into a really nice super sweet blueberry juice smell with some light pine / mintyness. The flavor is a bit mild, light berry flavor, however the effect is perfect for my taste. Mellow hybrid, great for outdoors, music, socializing etc. It seems most just want super strong blueberry terps with the blue lines and are left dissappointed. For me the anti anxiety, enjoyable functional highs are the best part.

6 Likes