Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

No, the males had too many undesirable traits.

4 Likes

Butterscotch is a mutant/poor growing plant from my understanding. Supposedly she’s all about the Werthers butterscotch hard candy terps.

16 Likes

27 Likes

They look pretty tight! Hope they put out some monster colas for you!

3 Likes

Only had one pack of this unfortunately, but have 4x Butter Wookie. Definitely going to run that next to Space Monkey, explore some larger numbers.

SSDD was already a sortof floppy male from the start so it isn’t surprising that the males grew like green onions haha. If I run across another pack or two I’ll pop it again to hopefully check out more females. All it takes is one after all.

Maybe the Wookie will solidify it up some more. Now you have me curious

19 Likes

I have got a rando pack of (Space Monkey x Goji OG) F2 from Warped Genetics, any thoughts on the cross or breeder? I don’t know the breeder. Seeds aren’t getting any younger though and the Bodhi strains crossed seems reasonable to pop to me with my limited knowledge of them

4 Likes

Are those Sunshine Daydream (butter) x Wookie 7 limited edition? Former Mrs B sent me a pack. I grew a few out, and they seemed to favor the dad. Good smoke, but I was looking for gooder, lol!

Your garden looks loverly!

This SSDD I hope is my new keeper.

She’s on the sturdy side, still had to coral her, but she is not floppy. Had to bend her a bit to stay out of the lights

She’s at 31 days. My schnooze hasn’t been right since covid, but I think I smell blueberries! I’ve been waiting a long time get that, lol! No muffins yet, though, but maybe a little sour milk? Spicey stem rub.

Have you ever tried reversing a SSDD? My luck has sucked on that front.

If you ever have any spare pollen from a stellar male, I hope you’d keep me in mind, I have some tradeables :slight_smile:

28 Likes

Looks awesome! Im also smelling blueberry so your nose sounds like it’s still got it!

I’ll have way more pollen than I need over here, will gladly send out pollen. Im revenging them too so if anyone wants snips I’d gladly send them out

15 Likes

Some SSDD I received from @syzygy where I am seeing if they develop some intersex traits. I will be up potting and culling a few. I have wanted to grow this strain for a long time.

19 Likes

Wow awesome, are all those ssdd F2s or? Thanks so much for testing them either way, hope you find something to justify the space / time!

Is that from your latest seed pop that we were watching in your thread or a different ssdd? Looks interesting. Any stem frost? My bubbashine pheno starts putting out a lot of stem frost in-between week 3-4.

Reposted these from my thread - some Redeye Jedi (Skywalker x 88) , Devil’s HP (Diablo x 88), Secret Chief (SFV x 88) and Spirit HP (Ghost x 88)

Funky looking Redeye

I pollen chucked my keeper Space Monkey with a random Goji OG but have yet to try it. Never heard of that breeder before. Sounds like it could be good. If you decide to grow those out tag me please.

33 Likes

They are all SSDD f2’s that you gave me. Since you were so generous I wanted to give a larger sample size.

The tent they will go in has a very consistent environment. I don’t know if that will be detrimental for the experiment, but at least we can see how they do there.

13 Likes

Wow all of that looks and sounds so good!!

10 Likes

Dang doode, not like that… at least not yet :slight_smile: The current keeper does have a lot of trichs on the fan stems, and some on the bigger ones. The trichs run out on to the fan leaves, which is pretty cool… at least to me. I make tincs and edibles out of the trim… which is mostly trichs, lol!

And yes, she is from an original F1 pack I dropped in January, my petulant phase, lol! I fucked up the timer schedule, and had to reveg them all. So far I’ve grown one to completion. #1, how weird, and it’s fuckin’ August! Kills nerve pain, but it’s structure doesn’t suit me. Lanky and floppy… my keeper’s already like that, but better.

I was really looking for a great male, but that didn’t happen… again!

Still got another pack, and F2’s and 3’s… but i am a lazy geezer, and getting lazier, and not any younger, lol!

I am clueless about what constitutes a bubbashine pheno. I think I know an Appy pheno, but I’m not eve sure about that. What do you look for?

Sorry about the ramble, weeded, weed eated, and mowed outside today, and am chillin’ with a Scotch (ok a few) and a few Solos of SSDD… I feel pretty good :slight_smile:

20 Likes

100% no joke. I’ve not seen one with stems and whatnot quite as frosty as @syzygy is.

15 Likes

Oh OK cool, I was wondering what happened with that. Frosty fan leaves are always cool for sure, especially if you’re in to edibles as you said!

KNOWN PHENOS: 70% hybrid pheno, bubbashine smell with bigger buds, nervous system harmonizer… 20% appalachia pheno, tangy chemy buds with dulingl warm blanket high… 10% bubba/blue moonshine pheno tighter kushy nuggy dreamy pheno

bubbashine smells of hot buttered blueberry muffins and kush, grows like a big og covered in crystals, and has an amazing potent warm snuggly euphoric pain relieving effect,especially good for nerve pain.

So going off that I’m assuming these traits would be ones to look out for (but could be wrong)

Warm blueberry muffin smell
Big OG : (lanky with smaller buds?)
Tighter nuggy buds - I assume here he means no large colas.
Covered in crystals : self explanatory - why I’m curious about the stems. Leaves would be included as well obviously.
Potent warm snuggly euphoric effect
Dreamy effect
Nerve pain / pain relief - I can’t look here since this doesn’t apply to me

Stem frost isn’t a big deal since we aren’t consuming the stems (usually?) I’m just curious as to how common it is. I’m assuming it is a bubbashine trait given he described it as “covered in crystals”.

Ahh ya my ssdd mother I would describe as lanky / stretchy as well.

Think its all very interesting, I appreciate the post and details you provided!

Ya it seems a bit variable. Haven’t figured out what conditions make it really dump stem/leaf frost but sometimes when I run it it’s more frosty than others. No clue honestly.

19 Likes

Not as frosty as the above beauty, but my one cut of A1 Kashmir got some similar frost on the fan leaf stems. Can kinda see it to the left. (Only pic I have) What’s weird is I don’t remember it being there on the first run, only the clone. :thinking:

beautiful plants syzygy!

28 Likes

i need to pop 24 seeds in the next week.

so far im pretty sure im going to pop the PCB x DE (@minitiger i swear i looked all over for your smoke report on the PCB x A5 but couldnt find it) and the Genius Thai (4 seeds in bag)

what else would be nice to see here?

i thinking some bandaid haze, black energy x de, ethiopian highland or yo mama.

27 Likes

That Genius Thai! I hope you can make some F2’s of that. Can’t find it uncrossed anywhere

I’d go with whichever is oldest

9 Likes

its four seeds. but if i get a good female and at least one male - that would def be an interesting F2 project.

12 Likes

The yo mama would be super nice to see!

7 Likes