Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2)

looks my “spiked” pheno i called it, my favorite of the two i had, do you get amazing blueberry cheesecake flavor and that lawry’s seasoning salt smell? i loved that one so much

that’s the one that had the purple leaves

35 Likes

Funny enough there is a tad bit of berry kind of smell when harvested but it cures out. Dried nugs smell of hot garbage and oniony spice. Very similar phenos indeed

17 Likes

Do you know who the father is?

7 Likes

Pollen donor is Stray’s Lemon Slash x Monkey Dog. (Lemons Splash is a Wyeast line and Monkey Dog is from Shoe of headieGardens)

I kept it around for its extreme vigor, wonderful flavor, light feeder, beautiful color and expression. It has an awesome mellowing effect that I enjoy playing my video games with. But… it throws a nanner or two around week 3. I’m okay with that but I just have to be a little more diligent

I don’t think Strayfox kept this line because of the intersex tendencies

36 Likes

10 Likes

I read there is a tester out there w Jack Herer x OMG. Please, if you are reading this, pop them beans so Bodhi can release this. Thanks!

Edit, it was from a tester LIST of bodhi’s so maybe he’s still waiting to test or release it.

19 Likes

16” fans on these AOGxMT and a spicy skunky, kushy smell on the stem rub, between these and the bubba there are a few phenos just stinking the place out in Veg already and they are about 22-24 inches tall. Final trim and LST tomorrow, few days to recover then comes the fun.

29 Likes

Kept this funky ass super dank triple node male beauty as well, had no intention of keeping one but I keep feeling like this guy is something special

32 Likes

Ghani Jack… Take my money!

10 Likes

Hey brocephus, I’d like to query something for real. I noticed a plant that I kept in veg under fairly high intensity light because it was flowering with autos grew leaves on the smaller end of the spectrum. When the autos were done, I trimmed the plant way back and reduced the lighting to a mere fraction of the wattage to slow its growth. Well, the leaves have not only deepened in green but increased in size. Mind has been a bit blown by this and your post has me wondering. Are your plants being grown under fluoro or relatively low wattage per sq. foot? Is this already scientific fact that I’m not privy to? Asking because, well, I get all my scientific fact from my weed bros on the interwebz. :grin: :+1:

11 Likes

Lol, don’t we all? not flouros or low wattage in my rooms, these specific Ancient OG’s were hunted and bred for this trait, and the bubbas normally just have big ass leaves as well. I’ve found from experience with indicas those big ass leaves correspond to heavy hitting indicas for the most part so it’s a trait I look/breed for and these are some of the biggest I’ve seen indoors yet and at 24” only on the plants I cannot wait and see if I end up with even larger. I’ve never kept track of size exactly in all of my years but am going to start documenting this as well in my strain info and grow reports. I’m going to try and delve into this a little further and research all of the benefits as well as the negatives of this trait (obviously one being they are like damn umbrellas shading everything below and anywhere around them, one leaf could shade out almost an entire plant ffs) lol

9 Likes

Badass and truly impressive! I have seen large leaves like that outdoor, but have never produced anything like that indoor. I always assumed that it was my negligent care!
I do have an ancient og cross in the vault. Have never been so intrigued to dig those from the vault. Thanks man!

4 Likes

yeah alien used it recently in a line they just call it peach.

5 Likes

Hey all, I’m in the midst of growing my first Bodhi gear, some purchased and some traded for or gifted to me. Everything I’ve popped has been consistent and vigorous. And I’ve thrown down over 200 seeds in the last two months and 300+ in searching for some keepers that I’m enamored with and want to work with in my own projects. This last 200+ was a lot if genetics from what many would consider top breeders and at least so far, as tortured tested seedlings, his beans have taken the abuse I’ve intentionally thrown at these plants in stride. There’s even some unintentional abuse they’ve taken in stride :joy:

No other breeder’s beans have responded to my torture testing so effortlessly. Though I have to admit, Mephisto has done very well also. Though their customer service is lacking at best and I’ve stopped buying their beans. The 15+ strains plus freebies I bought should last me a while :crazy_face: Though I’d actually planned to buy every release.

I’d like to send Bodhi a kind message and as a couple questions. So, two questions… Is he approachable? Will be mind a noob breeder/pollen chucked asking a couple questions? What’s the best way to reach out?

Many thanks! :v:t2:

17 Likes

Not very approachable but if you rename yourself Purple Bodhi or throw away flip phone he will probably do a collab with you😋

11 Likes

Awesome! What’re you looking through of his right now?

I’m sure he’ll reply to anyone when he has the time.

As for how to reach him, he’s never kept that private but it’s kind of like a game of hide and seek.
Only those who really put in the effort will find it :wink::green_heart:

18 Likes

Mothers Milk F2 F24

56 Likes

Here is my favorite Lazy Lightning pheno so far.
Full 10 weeks of flower, she really came around in the final week. Smells and tastes the same…hash…good hash. She’s a yielder. I have more to trim, but this plant will be over 8 ozs dry I believe. It also grew sturdy with little larf. And trims so easy. I’m in love with this one. Hopefully she revegs

60 Likes

Im shopping for a Bodhi strain. Any suggestions of a strain for mental simulation over a narcotic body buzz. Paranoia, racy thoughts are not a concern.

13 Likes

Super silver HP did it for me

10 Likes