Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Space Cake remix didnt work out for me (cant complain itnwas freebie pack so all good)… got one decent girl and rest hermied bad. Lost a cut of Jaba that was hard to beat

14 Likes

I thought I had this happen with Mountain Temple but I really like the high on plant #10. The smells of Mountain Temple were not my favorite but I have found 2 from the pack that were good. #10 smells unlike anything I have ever had. It has a citrus chemical smell with cheese on the back end. Not everyone’s favorite but it is so odd I like it. It is sativa leaning and really greasy. So strange it would be worth keeping.

Soaring high. That Appalachia throws some funk for sure.

17 Likes

ran some sun ra that was mediocre. good germ rate, vigorous plants, serviceable bag appeal, but the nugs were bland and forgettable
also ran some lotus head and ended up with all dudes
on the flip side of that, i keep a really nice ssdd, and have some black raz in week 4 or so that is looking great so far

11 Likes

Love this post! :slight_smile:

Ancient OG! I ran a few. Thought they were super amazing, I was going to F2 the remaining seeds I had. Planted my last 7 seeds, and ended up with 7 females. :roll_eyes:

Pura Vida, popped a pack, got 5 real nice looking females. They were 5 weeks into flower, smelling absolutely amazing, and then my landlord gave me 48 hour notice he wanted to do a walk through. Had to chop them all. Couldn’t get more seeds b/c they were out of stock by then. :roll_eyes:

I can’t think of any Bodhi cultivars I didn’t like. Maybe Snow Temple?

15 Likes

I popped 3 to 5 solo’s stash seeds way too late in the outdoor season. lost a few seedlings to mid summer heat, got 1 female that finished at about 7 inches tall. Harvested exactly one eighth of exceptional quality bud.
At least I still have the rest of the pack to try again.

10 Likes

I was doing some background research on the genetics of a strayfox pack I’m starting for the outdoor season, here’s a link with all the bodhi info I dug up.

9 Likes

I never had a pack of Bodhi. I have some SSDD f2s from a friend on a forum 5-6 years ago. He mistakenly pollinated his female through his ventilation system.

First time I grew them I had 3. One got all of the attention in a 3 gallon pot. The other two were left to flower in 1 gallon pots and got a little less attention.

Turns out one of the small ones was the sour butter and muffins pheno. My roommate smelled it from another room in the house when I opened the jar.

I had just moved here and was sort of new to indoor growing so I didn’t take a cut.

I got a small bag of it and it was the keeper.

I’m running three from that bunch again right now. Two are in mid flower inside (at night) and b one went in the ground outside and will be going for size. The two in flower look and smell great. Mucho trichomes and very greasy. More on the chemy side so far.

I hope I find it again in that batch. Only have a small amount and sending a few out. Taking clones of everything now.

I had a couple of others that were most definitely keepers and took no cuts. I can’t believe I missed keeping them.

12 Likes

I’d love to try any of Bodhi’s offerings. His skills and care come across in everything he does and he’s such a work horse, I never worry about losing out on one var or another because you’ll always get something unique and interesting.

11 Likes

Sexing of the plants has completed and only 4 out of 12 seeds were female, all my Dread Breads were male so this is all of the Bodhi I’m working with this season.
Herer HP #1

Herer HP #2

Gold Star x Snow Lotus

Sundance, started a month earlier than the others

27 Likes

@Swe-can That happened to several of us, did u get the resend? I chose Johnny d (jdc)x strawberry milk. Does anyone know anything about Johnny D or Jdc? It seems to be an older Hawaiian strain that locals held on to and the ones that had it really miss. I was intrigued, I’m sure it’ll be great.

7 Likes

Sad to hear that…!

No didnt get any response and didn’t send a mail for new seeds, just a explanation on why i won’t send any info on the test run on the other email they have. They did their part and is not their fault and ill do my best for them to know that shit happends :vulcan_salute::v::v:

8 Likes

I’m new here. Just ordered purple wookie v3, Garfunkel and more cowbell. Anyone have any info on them or experience? Thanks

15 Likes

Welcome to OD @Sirsmokealotmore. When you get a chance hit the Introduce Yourself thread to let everyone know who you are. Enjoy!

2 Likes

You’ll be happy with the Herrer Hashplant. I ran it outdoors last year. It is a couple of my patients favorite and I love it in the morning, it’s a great wake and bake strain, gets my old crippled ass up and going. I’m pretty sure I have it going this year…ive lost track and I’ll have to check and see. I know I started some just not sure what made the cut…damn I might be smoking a little much

17 Likes

Okay, first-time poster here. I just read this whole thread and figured I ought to share my Bodhi pics and info (I also wrote an entire pst and attached a bunch of pictures and then found out that I can only post one pic at a time since I’m a new member haha). I’ve been growing Bodhi almost exclusively for the last five years and I guess I’ll start with the most recent finished grow. Here’s my favorite pheno of Smart Move:

The seeds were actually sent to me as testers (Genius Thai x OMG), but it took me a couple months to get to them and by the time I was a few weeks into flower, Bodhi had already released them. I can see why. This was my favorite plant from this entire grow. I only got two females from this pack and this one grew VERY differently from the other female. Almost zero stretch and threw these just massive colas all over the place. I had to chop here about a week early, which was unfortunate, but she still turned out real good.

28 Likes

Here’s a close-up:

Love the way this one smokes. I’ve grown a lot of plants and I never take clones. I dunno why. There’ve been some really good plants that I wished I’d have kept around, but this one I regret more than any other not taking clones of.

27 Likes

This is a closeup of a Golden Triangle/GHash tester that I grew for Bodhi last run. Rock-hard, super dense nugs. Smells kinda musty. Actually, smells like a wet carpet haha. But the flavor is unreal. I told Bodhi he should release this one. Haven’t heard back from him about whether or not he will. But I hope he does. I’d probably buy beans of it.

32 Likes

I noticed a lot of people on this thread asking about Mountain Temple. I grew that about four years ago and loved it. Anybody who has those beans or is running it right now, I think you’ll really dig it. It’s definitely in my top five Bodhi strains that I’ve grown.

Here’s one of the ladies I ran:

I ran these in seven gallon air pots and they just blasted out all over the place. This was definitely one of the better yielding plants I’ve ever grown.

33 Likes

Here’s a closeup of the above plant:

31 Likes

You have great work! It all looks amazing!! Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

6 Likes