Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

And some are pretty fast. I have some crosses my buddy made

6 Likes

Just saw this from Rollitup.

Apparently happy trails and new strains going to be dropping in the summer!

11 Likes

Received an order of Bodhi from JBC along with this sticker:

It has re-appeared, the mystery deepens.

25 Likes

I love that sticker!

It was confirmed that that’s bodhi gear under a new brand, right?

10 Likes

I personally haven’t seen confirmation from Bodhi. Or, if it is even Bodhi for that matter.

Mostly innuendo, conjecture so far.

9 Likes

Showed up the same time as Eden Transmission, but the Eden Transmission says Supernatural Selections. Only time will tell unless someone has the inside scoop… :slightly_smiling_face:

Bad Dawg was saying to expect another drop with a ton of restocks and new strains on trollitup.

11 Likes

It was confirmed on an IG post by one of bodhi’s close personal friends who received a package from him. Doc D I think? Yep, here it is:

16 Likes

Oh yeah!! Thanks nube!! Looks like Vietnamese x Thai and Big Sur Nigerian x Thai to me.

18 Likes

Here’s another one where bodhi commented on the post, so it’s 100% for sure him, no conjecture. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I much prefer super silver haze to super lemon haze. SSH would be my go to strain when I lived in the Dutch city of Utrecht, I would go out of my way to go to sarasanes coffee shop just for that strain, unfortunately it was closed down after the owner was caught in a a 10 kilo deal with a German. Long time ago though about 20 years ago

8 Likes

Purple Unicorn looking like it’s going to be pretty purple. :v:

30 Likes

Mean Gene also got a package from B with what appears to be a Magic Mountain pack.

14 Likes

That’s cool. It’s no doubt that Medicine Mountain - Sativa Research Center is bodhi’s new endeavor.

If you listen to Meangene’s most recent 2part Pot Cast episodes, he basically says almost exactly what bodhi said in his Pot Cast several years ago, and it’s nice to hear him come around on the back to the future perspective. Basically, he says “landrace” origins weed is just as good as, if not better, than all the bullshit remixed hype chucks being floated on IG and on other weed forums. And you can find all those hype type phenos in landraces, you just have to grow them out and feed them right.

Many times he references friends of his who have done seed collection trips all around the world, and it’s clear one of those people he’s talking about is bodhi. He even references several of the places bodhi went to and collected from in his last couple trips to India when they’re talking about irrazinig’s landrace exchange company.

He also says he would much rather people preserve strains (his and others’) in Fgens than crosses with ultra poly hybrids, and that anybody is free to Fgen his work and even resell it, just like bodhi said on his pot cast and here in bodhi’s thread.

Additionally, Meangene said A+++ to the idea behind the preservation runs we have going on here. He didn’t mention Overgrow by name, but that’s been part of the OG philosophy since the site’s inception back in the late 1990s. It’s no wonder that many of the other weed forums are now trying to copy the idea, because it has merit and value both to the community and each other.

As they say, a rising tide floats all boats. And imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :wink: I just wish those other forums weren’t all about greedily monetizing their billion and one chucks in such an obvious hype and greasy way…as soon as people start posting 50 tags on every IG post including #photography and #ladiesofcannabis, you know they’re just out to make a quick buck. Most don’t put in the work, they just buy a “seed company in a box” pack of hype clones from some fly-by-night IG cut pimp, then pump out chuck after derivative chuck. I guess it takes all kinds…

:peace_symbol:

26 Likes

I was really happy to hear him talk about this idea. I think we all can get in the mode of thinking, “Well, if I cross this super-fire line to this line, it’s going to make it better”. But, in the process, you lose both of those original lines, and then you’re only left with the hybrid. Well, what if the hybrid sucks? Then you’re SOL without having the original line to go back and explore. I think we should be F2ing every pack, before even thinking of crossing it with something. Not to say that I’m not guilty of doing random pollen chucking for fun, because I definitely do. But without having the original line to go back to, you’re going to have a seriously hard time breeding out undesirable traits. Plus, what if the original F1 is where the magic is, and that’s as good as it gets? Anyways, I was just glad that Meangene was promoting this philosophy and one that I think we could take more note of.

20 Likes

17 Likes

Why aren’t we crowd funding efforts such as:

https://overgrow.com/t/driving-to-south-america-to-collect-seeds-hopefully-leaving-july/45220

Easy enough to set-up something similar to a trust account.

23 Likes

One of my biggest hopes with my trip is that it would inspire more people to do it, as well. It’s the biggest reason I wanted full transparency and to share all of my planning and prep work. There are too many secrets in this business.

It’s not as expensive as most people think, either. The cost of living outside of the west is generally very low. This South America trip is going to be expensive, but that’s only because of the vehicle part. Vehicles, be they cars or boats, seem to have ways of just hoovering up money. You could do this on foot for not much, at all.

More people need to be doing this because my success isn’t certain. The only people doing this right now are doing it in the context of a business venture. That’s sad, to me, the idea that capitalism is the only thing that can save this sacred plant. That there isn’t anything inherently magical or special enough to warrant preservation outside of the context of money or business.

I’ve got a passenger seat and am interested in a co-driver if anyone wants to try dipping their toes into this kind of adventure.

32 Likes

Woah. I’m always up for an adventure, aspiring documentary filmmaker of sorts. Unfortunately don’t spend much time on here and am unable to see the thread though. Best of luck on your journey!!

9 Likes

Anyone has bodhi hp13 ×artifact 1

8 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes: watching for a reply :popcorn:

7 Likes