Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

I mean, who doesn’t like grow/smoke reports? Haha. I’m definitely interested, anyway.

15 Likes

Please need more people posting up reports would love to hear your thoughts

10 Likes

yeah man, definitely interested in that… sounds like a really interesting cross indeed

5 Likes

Please do if you do have the time brother, all of us on this thread would enjoy reading about that info I’m sure!

3 Likes

I grabbed the Skywalker from a dispensary around 10 years ago thinking it was the Og, grew it out and realized it was the blueberry/mazar, I was pissed lol. Now everytime I hear skywalker I need to confirm it’s the Og.

5 Likes

A couple Skywalker OG bits to contribute to the conversation here, starting with that our own @ReikoX has held the cut in the past and posted about it:

This is an interesting angle on an origin story placing it in the late 90s early 00s

And a stab at lineage that sounds like it tracks decently:

12 Likes

Skywalker is very energetic for me. Clear headed energy. I found it boring but great for exercise with music.

5 Likes

Grow/Smoke report for Panama x DLA5.
Grow: I found 2 distinct phenos in the original packs. I made F2’s with 3 males with them.
Keeper #1 I believe leans to the artifact 1 in structure only 1.5X stretch maybe 2. Smells were on the sweeter side. I described it as juicy fruit gum that some one rubbed in dirty underwear. Smoke: Before cure it wasnt much but after the smell translate to the bud. The high/potency id rate a 7/10 on that pheno its a great day time. I should note that my younger brother loved this pheno more because it was very uplifting and he could function. (Harvested at 9 weeks)
Keeper #2 my personal favorite. I renamed her “Jock strap”. I loved everything about her. She has a Panama Red/Sativa frame. Huge yielder if you give her a good veg 2-3X stretch. Very hungry in flowering so make sure you give her plenty of N to last. I had to take her at 9 weeks. I couldve easily went 2-3 more weeks which i will try with her clones soon. Her smell was veeerrryyy acrid she had that Artifact 1 smell that bodhi describes. I can see why he doesnt want to call it RKS bc it would rub people the wrong way but its very close lol. Frosted out spears! Smoke: Smell translates to taste but with some Sour notes. High/Potency id rate 8.5/10. I think it can easily get to 10/10 if taken to 11-12 weeks. Pure gamer weed on effects. It does have a sleepy comedown if you over indulge.
Overall: Grow them if you have them. You wont regret it!! Im keeping #2 for a while. Going to try flowering her for 11-12 weeks. I should also mention that they are very hardy!! Passed my stress test with flying colors no Herms at all!! Although Keeper 2 was taken early, it was still a banger with my high tolerance. Harvested at mostly cloudy trichs and no amber.

26 Likes

My chucking tent isn’t up just yet. Once Im back at the grow I’m going to be setting up an 8x8 for some male projects.

For hunts I usually keep 6-8 packs on hand. I hunt 4 and then will keep others in the vault to pull males that match the best plants.

But before I do that I plan to repro Tranquil Elephantizer v2 and hit all my keepers with an assortment of headbanger males.

I have more than enough Kali seeds to send to someone here for a repro if they want to get it done before me. With the uniformity, I think a straight open pollination would be great.

@Emeraldgreen

20 Likes

Awesome that they are still around. I have two projects to finish that I’m working on. If the option is still available when I’m finished I’d love to increase the kalifornia. I’ll check back with you when I can do it

10 Likes

LOL that’s funny.
I have the Oreos cut but when it was passed to me it was tagged Oreoz so that is what I’m calling it in my breeding work. I really like the smoke too, hits a lot of notes for me and kinda squashes the “purple isn’t potent” myth. She carries a nice comfortable high that last a good long while but over indulge and she is couchy.

couldn’t resist the 2 day 2fer1 on bodhi and grabbed Secret Chief as it’s one of the ones availlable that I wanted in the past but it was sold out till recently.

9 Likes

That’s exactly what i got from Querkle, which happens to be in Oreoz.
As part of Cheese Quake in the strain Secret Weapon (Cheese Quake x White Widow).

Did Bodhi make an Oreoz HP? I know of Grape Pie HP and others.

6 Likes

If I’m not wrong in Oreoz as a Secret Weapon was used the cross - White Fire Alien X WiFi X Unknown
rather than cheese quack x white widow
Where is this confusion?

5 Likes
7 Likes

Oreoz is a tasty 30min buzz… idk about “squashing the purple isn’t potent” thing tho. I thought it lined right up with being cookies and purple. It’s mids like the rest of them. :man_shrugging:

At this rate you guys are gonna be in here raving about gelato soon :rofl:

15 Likes

https://www.greatlakesgenetics.com/product/bodhi-seeds-oreoz-x-88g13-hp-not-fully-tested-11-reg-seeds/

3 Likes

And be careful on Seedfinder guys…

Many strains on there aren’t correct as far as lineage, and they even get things wrong like Sativa, Indica, and how much of each is in a hybrid say 70/30 or 60/40…

Just saying

7 Likes

i mean to be fair, every “indica/sativa” “(70/30)” etc, is just made up anyways :joy:

20 Likes

No the lemon cherry gelato is the shit @HolyAngel just stirring it never even seen it! :joy: outa :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

9 Likes

I’ve had a bunch of strong purple weed before.

3 that jump out at me as the strongest are:
1- Monkey Balls (Deep Chunk) had mostly purple phenos and they were all dick in the dirt weed. In the top 5 sleepy meds I’ve smoked. Herijuana is #1.

2 - Big Sur Holy Weed is a more uplifting, I forgot what I was doing stuff. Purple phenos were very common out of the Coastal pack (and some f2s I’ve run).

3 - I think it was called Aztec Gold, and was a pure purple sativa whispy bud thing but the stem, leaves, and bud were all a bright purple. Got it at an outdoor adventure store in Interlaken and it was super up high, not speedy, but really made you want to go do stuff outdoor and I would have a smile on my face for a couple hours after smoking it. One of my top 5 “sativa” experiences.

21 Likes