Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Maybe the ghash can save it. Oreoz is hype cookies stuff.

And where did this Royal Kush come from? Never heard of it and apparently it’s Afghani x skunk? No actual kush in there??

Staff of Life sounds fantastic. And so does the pleiadian artifact and that dla16!

14 Likes

Isn’t royal kush one of Mandelbrots work?

12 Likes

On ICMag there’s mention of a clone from Cali in a post over 10 years old that describes it as Purple Kush x Afghani x Sour Diesel and bred in Humboldt but who knows really? It’s not easy asking Bodhi when he’s barely online anymore. I asked him about Purple Mana weeks ago and never got an answer. I like that he’s putting out all these packs but I definitely miss the days when he’d publish a page of info before the packs went up for sale… that was old Breedbay protocol. Ahh the old days. Oh well.

I must be stoned. I somehow edited an old post to answer this question and wrote over something else I wrote. :laughing:

I’ll get used to Overgrow one of these days.

17 Likes

Oh right, Long Valley Royal Kush… that was Mandelbrot’s I think. @SHSC-1 used it in a cross I think, might be able to add info.

ETA: I googled after I posted, apparently LVRK was something made with Mandelbrot’s Royal Kush, so @Slammedsonoma420 had it right. Apologies if I sowed any confusion.

10 Likes

That sounds 1000% better than what I was finding off the dispo menus. Maybe bodhi will drop some more info with these. I’m sure we’re not the only ones wondering.

8 Likes

If I remember correctly what I read a while back, royal kush #7 had great medicinal value. Found it, for Lyme disease.

14 Likes

Long Valley Royal Kush was bred by the late Ras Truth/Mandelbrot , his brother Ben holds all his original lines at Emerald Mountain. They have released some of Mandelbrots legacy lines.
The Long Valley Royal 7 and 9(i think) were sold by Aficionado Mendocino at the Emerald Cup events. The follow up to the last Long Valley Royal by Aficionado was called Magnum Opus.
I was fortunate enough to be gifted some of Mandelbrot’s work via a friend who is close to the Emerald Mountain group. I have worked with Long Valley Royal since 2017 both from F2’s from a former seedbay breeder and genuine seeds gifted thru my buddy Kevin in Fresno Ca.
I have used the LVRK in several breedings now and have more planned for later in the year.
It will be in my stable in clone or seed form … no matter what.

so I take it Bodhi mentioned using the LVRK in something? I’d be curious to know more hehehe

15 Likes

Very possible I’m wrong here but wasn’t the “Long Valley” royal the designation for Leo at aficionado’s selection of the royal, and then subsequently used for the magnum opus? The royal that came direct from Mandelbrot I thought was the Royal #7. Again, could be wrong, never worked with the plant, but did just get done listening to Ben from Emerald mountain Legacy’s potcast episode, he’s not 100% clear on the distinctions but he does mention that he thinks Leo’s selections of the plant and subsequent crosses are inferior to his brothers work, for whatever that’s worth

10 Likes

Royal 7 is the original clone.
LVRK was a seedline.
Royal 9, 10, 11, are also seedlines.
Magnum opus is a Bx to the Royal clone.

Ive grown and bred with Magnum Opus and it was the best of the gassy OGs.

The SoHum Purple Kush was also called the Garberville Purple.

15 Likes

Three people made seedlines from Royal Kush.
Ras, Leo, and Kevin

8 Likes

I agree with this… and that Kevin is not the Kevin I know hehehe
The only place I would source Royal or any of mandelbrot/Ras Truth’s seed lines is from his brother and the Emerald Mountain Legacy group of strains. I am aware of the conflict that arose after Manelbrot’s passing and chose to stay clear of the high dollar boutique that is Aficionado… not throwing stones when I say that it is what it is. I don’t know any of those guys but I have a deep respect for Mandelbrots work and his descriptions of his own journey’s and missions with these plants we all love. I have seeds of Truth, Truth Band, several renditions of the Royal/Long Valley Royal and a couple other strains that I can’t find anything on google about.
I am surprised that there isn’t a few community keeper cuts of the Royal in wider circulation. I find that there is killer breeding potential in those genetics if a person has the time and space to do a proper 50 to 100 seed pheno hunt… maybe next winter.

19 Likes

I might be able to help ya on the ones you cant find history on.
Humboldt Kev is active on IG, too. Ras trusted him with the parental clones and gave him the ok to breed them how he wants. And he was given parental clones of many other lines to hold while Ras was tangling with the law.

And agreed, id recommend sending money only to Ben / Emerald Mountain Legacy
Leo, well, just research fire relief fund. The fact i lost my place to fire, and seeds, yet this dude funded his french connection with a fire relief fund, :exploding_head:

15 Likes

Is Humboldt Kevin Kevin Jodrey? I know he sifted the line at one point, that dude knows his shit, love watching him talk about cannabis on YouTube. I’ve been super interested in the Royal to see how it does outside in the northeast, I know it’s supposed to be very hearty as an outdoor variety

8 Likes

Yes, it’s Jodrey:

“ As time progressed, Mandelbrot would continue his search for the original F1 clone and dedicate himself to increasing the long-term genetic diversity of his collections until his untimely death in 2015. During the LVRK project, he would often mention during long selections in the greenhouse of “How awesome it would be to track down the original and backcross her to a male from each subsequent LVRK generation in order to restore the strains original genetic diversity found only in the F1 genetic code.”

In late 2015, the clone was found in the hands of a single 3rd generation farmer, Nick of HappyTrees 707 and gifted to world-famous Kevin Jodrey of Wonderland Nursery for preservation. Returning full circle, Kevin Jodrey is known as one of the exclusive clone providers of the F1 Royal Kush elite cut from back in the mid-2000’s.”

18 Likes

Thanks for the reading material @Dirt_Wizard per usual :heart::v:t2:

4 Likes

Mmmm scraps

ya, Mandelbrot passed away in the year I joined the online community. I’ve read several articles written about him now and I wish I had joined a few years earlier. The LVRK was well received by my friends and I used it in my Supercollider Kush cross.

21 Likes

Look who I ran into :laughing:

25 Likes

I would have expected some supernatural selections, nerika, or medicine mountain slaps on the back of that rig. :grin:

10 Likes

lol I’ve seen that plate before

9 Likes