Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

I kinda wanna stay on the topic of Bodhi here haha, but

That’s kind of what it reminded me of, as well. It definitely left a bad taste in my mouth after watching it (that’s the only one I watched; I’m not even sure it was a Strain Hunters episode, mighta been something on Vice TV or whatever it’s called haha).

I dunno about that haha. They’re still black market dealers. They might have good intentions, but I doubt they’re “simple people.”

It was gross to watch, though, for sure, for a variety of reasons.

7 Likes

I think he meant “vilturing genetics from the simple people that have good intentions”.

Strain Hunters don’t have good intentions. They are ruining genetics for profit.

5 Likes

I understood what VA meant. And I’m saying that I don’t think the growers of the Punto Rojo are “simple people.” The Strain Hunter vultures don’t have good intentions, obviously, but the growers of the Punto Rojo are/were definitely not “simple people just growin’ their weed.” They’re selling that shit haha. And I have zero problem with that.

7 Likes

not meaning to take this further from where it got (initially discussing a bodhi laos plant given to mass medical or something like that) but this paper has good info on why landraces display common traits while at the same time being the most diverse genetically.

Toward an Evolved Concept of Landrace - PMC.

10 Likes

Ahhh ok. I’ve watched some of it, but can’t remember the details. I just figured the westerners came and took advantage of the locals.

4 Likes

Pretty much spot on. You can view the video url on

If it is in fact the one I think you’re referring to. Read comments before judging me please.

4 Likes

I remember that episode and thought the same thing

7 Likes

I don’t think they got into the details of what the growers of the Punto Rojo were doing with their harvests (I definitely don’t remember if they did); I’m mostly just basing my thought on the fact that pretty much anybody growing large quantities of weed anywhere (but especially Central/South America) are probably selling it.

Again, I have zero problem with that. People gotta do what they gotta do.

8 Likes

what are you guys buying in the new bodhi drop?
Im going to get the purple lemon thai , the DLA 16 and mule fuel x 88g13hp
not sure which ones are most sought after but these sound bomb

6 Likes

Theres 2 specifically

2 Likes

Purple Lemon Thai & Mule Fuel x 88g13hp

…and unsure about but want these…

Cherry Pie Kush x 88g13hp
WooRock!
Purple Empress
Flying Triangle

7 Likes

Is the bubblegum hashplant Indiana bubblegum?

Eyeing the staff of life and Stawberry Fantasy as well as that bubblegum

6 Likes

Was able to get dla16, staff of life, and 2x space monkeys.

7 Likes

This part literally only matters if you’re just planning to resell them. Sounds like you’ve got a few that sound good to you, which is all that matters.

As an aside, Breeders Direct already dropped the new stuff.

10 Likes

That staff of life sounds real nice that’s one I would of picked up from the drop good shit

9 Likes

Black Triangle x Wookie could be very interesting. A wide variety of flavors and effects i think. Heavy indica meets uplifting sativa. I like the possibilities.

It could be like Space Monkey but even better imho. As i like the TK effects much more than GG4.

11 Likes

The new freebie looks super interesting. More Cowbell Remix.

That & the GG4 x 88g13hp… I didn’t know either of these two existed. I’m gonna try to get both of these freebies.

15 Likes

this sounds more up my alley. should be a really good one.

8 Likes

Is there a list somewhere by chance w/ Bodhi’s New Releases? I’m on GLG’s mailing list but haven’t seen it in my email.

2 Likes

This is the list taken from JBC’s news page:

NFT Packs:

Shishkaberry x Old Widow x 88g13hp

Cherry Pie Kush x 88g13hp

Bubble Gum x 88g13hp

Mule Fuel x 88g13hp

Oreoz x 88g13hp

Headband 56 Day x 88g13hp

Royal Kush x 88g13hp

Gelato 41 x 88g13hp

NL5 Purple x 88g13hp

Face Off x 88g13hp

New Lines:

Flying Triangle (Black Trianglex Wookie 15)

Woorock (Roc x Wookie 15)

Purple Empress (Vintage Jack Herrer x Purple Unicorn)

Purple Lemon Thai (Lemon Thai x Purple Unicorn)

Strawberry Fantasy (Larry OG x Strawberry Milk)

Deep Line Alchemy:

DLA 16 – 80’s Black Afghani x Artifact 1 Afghan x 88g13hp

Supernatural Selections:

Staff Of Life (NL2 x Thai x Artifact 1 Afghani)

Pleiadian Artifact (Vietnamese x Kashmir x x Artifact 1 Afghani)

18 Likes