Bodhi Testers Summer 2020 - Passionfruit Hasplant (Lush X 88G13/HP)

What @Sincy said! Really beautiful in that picture with the white coating of frost and the fade on the leaves. Sounds like a very intriguing smell. Excited to hear how she ends up smoking for you :slight_smile:

Nice job

9 Likes

Those are looking great. Seems like a pretty sweet cross. Cant wait to see how it smokes.

5 Likes

Whoops! These branches broke off between my scissors! Guess I’ll just dry them and see how they smoke.

Day 52F, looks like maybe a 9/10 week finisher. Quicker than I expected.

23 Likes

Here’s a quick group shot update at day 54F and finishing fast! The F2 seeds I made are already ripe. Buds are starting to dread, or foxtail, especially noticeable on the shorter #2. You can see #3 in the back is starting to bulk and will very much resemble her younger sister #2. Big girl #1 is changing colors and shedding fan leaves like crazy now. Some leaves below are not even that yellow and she’s tossing them off anyway. Smells are steady with tropical fruits, coconut, sweets. Almost overpowering now when I open the tent.

21 Likes

8 weeks today! I’ll give them to week 9 and start chopping some of the mature top buds. The early tester buds are smoking great (almost gone already). I’m not going to bother reviewing early harvested quick dried buds though, heh.

I tried to show the buds dreading in these pics. The smaller pheno #2 has it most clearly. It also has buds that are easily 2X denser than the big pheno #1. I’ve never grown a Bodhi hashplant cross that had such big buds, and I’ve grown at least 6 or 7 crosses of it now. All the 3 girls have such dense buds. There is no give when you take a squeeze.

Lower branches are flopping all over the place and I’m just wrapping wires ad hoc to get me through the finish line.

#2:

#1:

22 Likes

Looks like a great run is coming to a close. :fireworks: Those definitely are not dominated by the HP daddy, and I love the foxy tails. I’m sure they’re going to turn out firm and knobby, not floppy and withering like some sativa foxtails.

Oddly, they look a lot like the four phenos of Black Triangle a friend grew and I reviewed over at the Bodhi Plant and seed guide thread.

Although it’s not a proper review, I’m curious to read whatever you care to tell us about flavor and effects from the early sample. It’ll be neat to hear how the bud changes over time based on its harvest timeframe and cure.

12 Likes

Yes, they’ll definitely be firm and knobby tails. I’m almost imagining being able to take one of these “calyx strips” and just lay one right down in a paper and roll er up, haha!

So the smoke surprisingly tasted a lot like they smelled, tropical fruits/coconut (within the veil of smoke). A little bit of fuel in the taste as well which I wasn’t really getting in the smell. I could even smoke them to ashes where I’d normally chuck the blackened nug because it’s too harsh. These had a surprisingly soft finish. The shorter #2 bud was much more potent and caused me a bit a raciness. Hopefully that will be tamed with age. The taller #1 smoked about the same just a bit more mellow of a high, less pronounced taste in the smoke as well. The effects of both plants lasted a good while and left me feeling upbeat and productive. No heavy feeling during or afterwards.

And that Black Triangle review is very interesting. I ran BT and didn’t have any with those pronounced tails. But yes, those buds do very much resemble these.

11 Likes

Coming up on 9 weeks tomorrow.

Much to my surprise the big plant #1 is finishing before the smaller #2. I’m going to start harvesting #1 in pieces starting soon. I’ll make sure to take some full plant pics before I do. I’ll give #2 another week (10 total) and see what’s up then.

That #1 is something special. I’ve never grown such a large, vigorous, sativa-ish plant that finished so quickly. I was thinking I could take this cut and veg it about a month longer and just flower the 1 plant in the entire 4x4 under a scrog. With proper nutrition it could really be beastly.

And I thought I’d give a little update on plant #3 in the back. She’s 2 weeks behind and chugging along nicely.

#1 lower nug

26 Likes

Great grow @schmarmpit!!
Your girls are great and their colors are marvelous
:+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

That purple one is purdy. I need me some Lush.

5 Likes

Finishing up nicely man👍 The smells and flavor on this girl are pretty amazing and are like sour complex fruit. i smoked some last night for the first time and it was very clean and heady smoke. I didnt get weighed down and it felt like i could see the individual pixels on my phone for a while. I pulled the bud apart to trim but each nug is nice and solid.

17 Likes

Man, I dunno how I’m just now seeing this grow. Really nice. Definitely gonna be following along, even though you’re almost done haha.

3 Likes

Yeeehhaww! I’ve been sampling nugs for the past week or more now. I agree, it’s heady and does not seem to have too much body buzz or any feelings of tiredness. I think I’m going to try and take #3 to 11 weeks just to see if I can make it more body.

I made some rosin from it a coupe days ago. There is lots more gas flavor in the rosin than what I can detect in the the flower. I took a couple good hits and was cleaning up my kitchen sink (it makes me want to clean and organize haha). I glance up for a second, and as I’m looking through my window blinds I get a kind of vertigo feeling as the blinds seem to slowly pulsate and merge together in my vision. Threw me for a loop! I took off my glasses, did a cartoon head shake, and normal perspective quickly returned. But yeah, definitely seems to cause some slight visual effects.

15 Likes

Nice to have you along, @minitiger. Your timing is perfect.

3 Likes

We’re showing dried buds now! These were cut at 8 weeks from plant #1, almost ready for the jars. Can you spot the seed? They look larfy but are dense as hell.

25 Likes

Haha, sounds about right. Its pretty cool to get a little visual effects out of her. Maybe thats what bodhi was talking about with the special lush buzz. The smell is crazy too, i found myself smelling like every other nug as i trimmed to try and nail it down but it is pretty tough to put my thumb on.

6 Likes

Do you have any info on Lush? I’ve been searching around but have not found much.

As for smells my 3 girls each have their own unique thang going on. Tropical fruits present in all, but #2 is starting to develop a new rubber smell and something gassy. Big #1 has much sweeter smells in general but getting a nail polish scent going. And #3 has some hashy floral undertones.

I wish there was a machine that could smell the bud and give an objective readout of terpenes and such, or show some points on a scent wheel. It’s like I’m missing the vocabulary for some of these smells.

7 Likes

For some reason, I think Lush is some kind of SE Asia hybrid? I have no idea why I think that, although I must’ve read it somewhere. Maybe after seeing the tester list? I dunno. I’ll look right now to see if I can find where I saw that.

2 Likes

See my first post for the genetic makeup. I’m looking more for experience with the cut itself.

2 Likes

Haha! Sorry, dude! I was like,”I know that that Lush is a SE Asian hybrid… Where did I see that…?” I was just scrolling all over google, Instagram posts etc trying to find it. Ooh lawdy…

3 Likes