Bodhi Testers Summer 2020 - Passionfruit Hasplant (Lush X 88G13/HP)

That purple one is purdy. I need me some Lush.

5 Likes

Finishing up nicely man👍 The smells and flavor on this girl are pretty amazing and are like sour complex fruit. i smoked some last night for the first time and it was very clean and heady smoke. I didnt get weighed down and it felt like i could see the individual pixels on my phone for a while. I pulled the bud apart to trim but each nug is nice and solid.

17 Likes

Man, I dunno how I’m just now seeing this grow. Really nice. Definitely gonna be following along, even though you’re almost done haha.

3 Likes

Yeeehhaww! I’ve been sampling nugs for the past week or more now. I agree, it’s heady and does not seem to have too much body buzz or any feelings of tiredness. I think I’m going to try and take #3 to 11 weeks just to see if I can make it more body.

I made some rosin from it a coupe days ago. There is lots more gas flavor in the rosin than what I can detect in the the flower. I took a couple good hits and was cleaning up my kitchen sink (it makes me want to clean and organize haha). I glance up for a second, and as I’m looking through my window blinds I get a kind of vertigo feeling as the blinds seem to slowly pulsate and merge together in my vision. Threw me for a loop! I took off my glasses, did a cartoon head shake, and normal perspective quickly returned. But yeah, definitely seems to cause some slight visual effects.

15 Likes

Nice to have you along, @minitiger. Your timing is perfect.

3 Likes

We’re showing dried buds now! These were cut at 8 weeks from plant #1, almost ready for the jars. Can you spot the seed? They look larfy but are dense as hell.

25 Likes

Haha, sounds about right. Its pretty cool to get a little visual effects out of her. Maybe thats what bodhi was talking about with the special lush buzz. The smell is crazy too, i found myself smelling like every other nug as i trimmed to try and nail it down but it is pretty tough to put my thumb on.

6 Likes

Do you have any info on Lush? I’ve been searching around but have not found much.

As for smells my 3 girls each have their own unique thang going on. Tropical fruits present in all, but #2 is starting to develop a new rubber smell and something gassy. Big #1 has much sweeter smells in general but getting a nail polish scent going. And #3 has some hashy floral undertones.

I wish there was a machine that could smell the bud and give an objective readout of terpenes and such, or show some points on a scent wheel. It’s like I’m missing the vocabulary for some of these smells.

7 Likes

For some reason, I think Lush is some kind of SE Asia hybrid? I have no idea why I think that, although I must’ve read it somewhere. Maybe after seeing the tester list? I dunno. I’ll look right now to see if I can find where I saw that.

2 Likes

See my first post for the genetic makeup. I’m looking more for experience with the cut itself.

2 Likes

Haha! Sorry, dude! I was like,”I know that that Lush is a SE Asian hybrid… Where did I see that…?” I was just scrolling all over google, Instagram posts etc trying to find it. Ooh lawdy…

3 Likes

Yeah you’re right on the money.

Lush = Suge Pure Kush x Lao daddy

bodhi posted pics of her on IG a couple times:

and

and I reposted them on BB here. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

@schmarmpit here’s waldo

Is that an F2 I spy? A former coworker got a pack as testers, but I never heard how they did. Would love to grab some for a future project…

20 Likes

@nube Thank you so much! Seeing the actual mom is a big deal to me. It seems my big pheno might resemble her most, and now I know what it might look like with proper nutrition lol.

Waldo has been found. Your prize will be a nice little pack of F2s after Bodhi gives these the go-ahead.

11 Likes

Down goes plant #1 at 65 days. Her smells have developed more into a nail polish and tropical fruits kind of smell. Almost makes you teary when trimming.

All the plants have these thick hollow stems that have all begun flopping over pretty bad. Make sure to stake your plants, folks! I wish I had.

Monster top buds:

Lower nug:

22 Likes

That looks fantastic, and I really love the smell descriptions and budshots lining up from both you and @Stickyjones. Nice to see no HP influence, or at least not much! I will be waiting with baited breath for F2 if/when it’s released. :smiley:

10 Likes

I don’t see how it wouldn’t get released but I’ll be anxiously waiting as well. I love seeing what they get named. My vote for this cross would be “Hush” (Lush x Hash). I’ve been calling it Lush Hash.

8 Likes

Yeah, these need to be released ASAP. Those are some mighty impressive colas on that plant in the first pic. Definitely making me hope and dream that Bodhi releases these seeds. Maybe if we email him en masse, demanding that he puts these beans up for sale? Maybe?

Anyway, great grow! Loving this one.

7 Likes

Lookimg great man, you definetly did these justice. I dont see any reason they wouldnt get released. Didnt see any nanners and they are definetly pretty special.

5 Likes

silica wpuld help thicken up the stems

5 Likes

Down goes plant #2 at 71 days flowering. Though just half the height of her bigger sister, these buds are easily 50% bigger. A dense, dready, wild thing. The buds are an odd mix of airy structure but dense calyxes. The tropical fruits have slightly faded and this one has added some rubber and hash type smells to the mix. Not as pungent as #1.

Although it was more leafy, trimming this plant was a delight. The leaves are the type that snap right off the stem with even the slightest tug. I could almost brush my hand down the bud and the leaves would just pop right out.

Plant #3 has another week or two, only at day 56F. It looks almost nothing like the first two and is very much a hash plant leaner with much smaller, denser buds.

32 Likes