Bodhi Sun Ra F2 Tester Thread

Good guess, most plants take the full 11 weeks from seed. I like stuff ripe…thanks for the heads up. I’m just trying to plan how long to expect.

Better look at this one, it’s very unique and doesn’t resemble any on this thread. The leaves have a very velvet/corduroy type feel to em. Color is neon green. Possibly a wookie pheno I’m thinking.

Not sure why her leaves are curly all the time. I assumed roots were too wet. I let her dry out real good, and she still look the same. Healthy though

8 Likes

Sorry for lack of updates everyone. Especially you @Greasy

I have been dealing with a loved one that has health issues the last couple weeks. It has kept me away from the garden more than I would like.

I left everything to the care of my wife, which is a lot to deal with by yourself. Unfortunately through some misunderstanding, the plants have been harvested at the 8.5 week mark. A little earlier than I would have preferred. And even more disappointing is there are no update pictures. :-1:

On a positive note, there where no signs of herms. I will give a review, with pics, when everything is dry enough to sample.

Again, sorry @Greasy for not following through with proper updates. It’s been like a month since my last update. That’s pretty bad.

5 Likes

Hey @Uprangewilly , no issues at all on the updates. I’m sorry you have a loved one with health issues. There is nothing more stressful in life than that. Absolutely no disappointment or hard feelings on my end. Just hope things turn around for you and yours, and that everything turns out OK. Thank you so much for your time to run these plants, and appreciate all your effort.

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words and understanding @Greasy

I have rooted clones of all nine, and I plan on running them again asap to see their full potential.

2 Likes

There all looking good still. No issues at all with intersex, growth, etc. Very easy. The colorful plant I plan on using a male sibling to pollinate the sun ra clone I got later down the line. It needs more vigor and bigger frame. Sun ra is perfect for that

8 Likes

Mine are all clawed; I think it’s soil that’s too hot.

3 Likes

So these nine Sun Ra f2s my wife harvested last week are dry enough to sample. In fact I’m smoking some right now.

Im sure we all understand that a smoke report is very subjective. We all have different tolerances, tastes, and overall opinions on what is good. I have been growing full time for over a decade. Grown dozens of strains from various breeders.

Having said that, I feel these Sun Ra f2s are some of the most potent plants to come out of my garden. I am really enjoying the balanced effects. It does lean a little Sativa, but I definitely get a mellow, relaxed feeling in the body as well. I also get a little pressure in the forehead. If I over indulge, it feels kind of like a mild trip. Things look a little more vivid and vibrant. I find myself laughing at the stupidest shit on tv.

For taste, I’m getting an earthy, dirt, and skunky kind of taste. Leaves a skunky taste in the mouth for several minutes after a hit. Buds smell a little citrusy when broken up.

No real cure yet obviously, so hopefully I can compare each plant in the coming weeks. To be honest, I don’t know if these bags will last that long. I’m finding myself reaching for them over the other strains available.

Well done @Greasy for making these! And thanks for the opportunity.

I’m definitely going to pick up a pack for my next order.

14 Likes

Smelling strong already it’s a deep herbal funk… lights out it smells all the way to my garage. Other pheno is crap, but one is outstanding!

Here’s the not good one haha…alot of mutations, variegated foliage etc.

Good one is a beast though. It’s 3x as big and super healthy.

10 Likes

Big one smells like pine resin and skunk, very very strong. It’s a solid 8/10 on the smell. Other one is coming along slowly, and I’m guessing it will go 12 weeks. I’m very impressed so far it’s so easy to grow. Top cola is the size of a baseball bat…quite impressive.

15 Likes

Harvested at 11 weeks @Greasy
No chop picks because I was on deaths door, and it was already a pain to get them down and hung.
I’ll put up some post-trim picks when I’ve got them… beautiful run!
Thanks so much for the opportunity to grow these out

6 Likes

Impressive indeed! Great work! Any signs of sexual instability?

Thanks for running them, hope you enjoy the smoke!

6 Likes

Nah there stable no bananas, just getting so frosted out. Just a resin monster bro, looks alot like sfv og with that gasoline nose too. Anybody else find a big stinker? So loud

12 Likes

That one looks really good! I think if there is trait that is most pronounced in the Sun Ra’s is that they can produce a lot of stinkers. I found a few that smelled significantly more than others. Looks you are finishing up this thread in style! I was admittedly skeptical if you were going to get to the finish line or not after the first round hiccup, but you made it happen! Great work! And to top it all off, I don’t think we saw a single grower with sexual instability!

I’ve gone back and forth on how I want to share these, but I figure at the very least, if anyone who has been following along in this thread, or grew these in the thread wants more, shoot me a pm and I’ll get some over to you. Not looking to do a mass release of them, but I don’t feel bad sharing a few packs to my grow buddies here. Thank you all for making this tester run a success!

13 Likes

Thanks for the info, when i finish these I’ll def hit you up for a few more. Great strain…my other pheno that was struggling is looking good now. Has a deep funk on it too. Can’t freaking wait to chop these, strong smell equals strong herb imo always. This one must take after the wookie I’m sure, yield is small. Slight lemony undertone going on.

7 Likes

It was a fun venture! Some of my favorite buds in my jars right now.

Long live Sun Ra!!!

R.I.P. Sun Ra.

9 Likes

So I’m approaching day 46 I think. Yield is going to be great. Both smell like gasoline with a slight herbal note. Big plant might be done in 8 weeks, it’s fast! It’s a keeper in every category and I haven’t even smoked it yet, I know it’s fire though based on her smell.

13 Likes

Sample bud…smoke is strong hybrid leaning towards a more head high. Taste is lemon grass soaked gasoline.

11 Likes

Checked the trichomes, both plants are turning cloudy. Not too much longer, as maturing a burnt tire/ rubber smell is coming on. Very similar to a machine shop or mechanic shop…oil, grease, rubber, etc. Very diffrent gas from say a sour d. More deep smelling. Big plant us about to fall over and snap, I’m just too lazy to stake or tie her up this late. Huge yield undr atiny 200 watt led, couldn’t imagine this baby under a 600 or 1000 watt hps…be baseball bat size. My cola is 30 inches for reference.

![20240318_044326|375x500](upload://ojGfqcpG5KEaV9UXZjHoiV277Vx.jpeg

Here’s the other lady, she reeks even more than her sister. Think mentholated lemons, super glue, and gasoline fumes. It’s Hella sharp and nose burning. This one doesn’t have the bag appeal if the other one, but makes up for it with its reeking smell.

Edit here’s the other pheno…

Took this one down, came out great. Big orange haired buds that reek. Truly one of the better cultivars I’ve ran, so easy requiring nothing but h20. Props to bodhi and greasy for the seed.

Edit: dried flower from first harvest… dont judge me I don’t trim my flowers. I feel like the leaves protect the flowers so I pluck em off before I smoke. Smell and taste are great right off the plant no cure. High is very dreamy yet functional daytime smoke. I love it already the taste is amazing all the way to the end of a joint. Coats your mouth for a while in lemon grass gas. Very oldschool taste

:fire: :fire:

Edit: 4/7 last plant down…

Edit: 4/11 here’s dried flower from above plant.

9 Likes