Bodhi's Kali Mist x Everything Freebie Grow Log

They both look awesome, but that #2 plant is sounding (and looking) right up my alley.

2 Likes

In your experience minitiger, what do those traits normally equate to in terms of quality?

To me, it seems to be hinting at a racy, sativa type high.

1 Like

I mean… It’s been my experience that the taller, stretchier, longer-flowering “Sativas” (I prefer the term NLD ((narrow leaf drug cultivar)) to describe those kinds of plants, as opposed to Sativa) really don’t affect me that way at all. I’ve grown quite a few and none of them have ever made me feel like I was tweaking or anything. In fact, it’s always the BLD, “Indica” types that make me uncomfortably high, at least as far as the initial come-up is concerned.

The longer-flowering stuff always makes me feel just, like,”Life is great…” haha. There may be a little rushiness for the first thirty minutes or so, but it’s a different kind of rushiness than what I feel when I blaze those shorter, squatter, quicker-finishing “broad leaf” types.

Everybody’s cannabinoid receptors are different, though, as you know. And I do think that my years and years of cocaine use maybe has affected the way my brain reacts to different, uh… whatever haha. Weed strains or whatever. But in general, I think the taller, stretchier plants are much more enjoyable than the quicker-finishing things. And much more of a “comfortable” high, too. At least, they always are for me…

5 Likes

Yes! “Life is great” is exactly what I was getting at.

Really love those types of plants as well.

I agree, the “white knuckler” varieties can really be too much at times.

But I have to admit, every now and again my cannabinoid receptors like to take the roller coaster ride. Lol!

6 Likes

Yeah, I think both of those Kali Mist x Everything plants are gonna turn out great for you. It’s just unfortunate that we’ll never know what the male(s) were… haha.

3 Likes

Agreed on the males!

I was thinking, if one ends up being a keeper, calling it “Kali Mystery” because of the unknown male.

6 Likes

Here’s a pic from my Kali Mist x Everything.

I also had a garlic pickle KM male that I collected pollen.

This is my 2nd grow and she is definitely my fattest budded plant.

21 Likes

I missed this but in pulling up my chair ! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a beauty!

So, the terps are garlic pickly?

That’s certainly the stem rub smell on mine.

What’s the high like?

2 Likes

The smells I’m getting are clove, butter, and cinnamon just showed up around day 60 of flower.

The garlic pickle was my male Kali Mystery (that’s genius btw!)

It was a dead ringer for garlic pickle on a stem rub about a week or two after he showed his sex.

I pollinated a Kali mist, two purple lemon Thais, and two Nepali whp x everything.

I’m hoping she only needs to go two more weeks but I’m expecting more like 11-12 weeks.

14 Likes

Awesome to see ya crank up a journal for your grow. Great looking plants.

2 Likes

I hear you on the flowering time.

Everything about plant #2 tells me it’s going to be a 12 weeker.

3 Likes

Thank’s man!

The way you describe your male, I believe I have the female counter-part.

2 Likes

I actually like the name Kali Mystery…

4 Likes

I have a freebie pack of these and I really want to grow them out. But I already enough problems with different phenos from the same parents. Tossing in a mystery male with mystery growth would really throw me for a loop!

1 Like

You had me at MH! Seriously though, nice cross, everything looks great

And good to see some HID lighting

Alright, I’m going to check out your journey/journal now, thanks for sharing…I learn from people like you…so thanks again OG

1 Like

The different plant structures were def in the extremes.

As long as you train them, and pant #2 did need a lot of it, it’s not unmanageable.

Don’t be afraid to drop them seeds, we’re all learning here.

5 Likes

March 11

It’s the beginning of week 4.
Everything is going better than expected considering the unknown genetics from the male.
Flowers are starting to swell nicely.
I can tell Plant #2 is going to be a least a 12 weeker.
Plant #1 reminds me of some afghan a grew a while back.

KMxE 1

KMxE 1 bloom

KMxE 2

KMxE 2 bloom

17 Likes

March 18

It’s the beginning of week 5 since the flip.
Plants are progressing very well.
This the first run of this batch of soil, so the tips git a little nitrogen burn but nothing to write home about.
These plants really seem to like relatively low amounts on N and elevated amounts of C/M/K.
Bud are swelling nicely and are starting to emit some delicious aromas.
I’m glad #2 stopped stretching when it did.
This this would have been a monster outdoors.

KMxE #1

KMxE #1 Bloom

KMxE #2

KMxE #2 Bloom

See y’all next week.

20 Likes

Looking great! What kind of aromas are they putting off?