Bodhi's Kali Mist x Everything Freebie Grow Log

Hello Everyone!

I’ve been growing a long time but this is my first online grow journal. So bare with me as I figure this out.
I really didn’t plan to document this grow either but some members here expressed interest in this line, so here goes nothing.

11-12-23
I germinated a pack of Kali Mist x Everything. The pack contained 14 seeds. 100% germination.
I soaked the seeds for 24 hours in a shot glass of distilled water with a couple drops of peroxide.
After this, I plant directly into the soil. All plants had broken the surface within 5 days. Most within 3.
My seedling mix is a 80% Peat, 10% castings, 10 pearlite.
Vegged under 600 watt MH
Grown to sex in 1 gallon pots.
fertilized with Espoma FlowerTone applied after 2 week seedling stage.

All seedlings were vigorous growers but 2. These 2 plants just decided that they really didn’t like the conditions and just refused to grow. I put them on the back burner just in case.

It took about 8 weeks for all the plants to sex.

Fast forward to 1-15-24
All plants have sexed and all but 2 have turned out to be males. Luckily the 2 runts were males as well, so I’ve got that going for me. Lol.

At this point I re potted the females into 15 gallon grow bags using living organic soil as the final grow medium.

1-26-24
Plants are going to be vegged another few weeks and then moved into the flower room.
both plants have very smelly stem rubs. Female #1 has a very sweet and spicy aroma.
Female #2 is very skunky and funky. Will be back with more updates as they happen.

Plant #1

Plant #2

Plant #1

Plant #2

52 Likes

Watching! Curious to see what you find! I planted one the other day…hopefully it breaks soil today :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

Watching as well, thanks for documenting this. I grew out some Kali Mist from Seedboutique somewhere around 04-06 (I think?) and was a pretty interesting strain. Wasn’t the pre-98 / western winds but was still very “NLD” and “sativa”.

8 Likes

holy fkkkk 2 out of 14 id be kinda busted if I paid for them! Good luck on the 2, may they be diamonds.!

3 Likes

Luckily it was a freebie pack. Lol
I had some clones from the last run to fall back on to fill the space.
I’ve been growing for 15 years and have never had a M/F ratio like that.

5 Likes

Looking good @billdozier72!

I noticed what appears to be new growth with more lime coloring while the older seem more green.

Is it just me? Changes recently made?

Always trying to learn.

Thanks fior sharing and welcome to OG!

2 Likes

They were recently re potted after sexing. They started growing faster in the larger pots so the new growth is a little lighter in tone than the older. It will darken in a few days.

Plus I trimmed a few leaves that were covering budding sites. The leaves under those will be lighter green until the direct light darkens them.

But if the new growth doesn’t turn darker green pretty fast then some Cal/Mag might be in order.

Thanks for following along!

8 Likes

Ok everyone, here’s an update.

Not much to report accept some pretty decent growth.

Plant 1 is super bushy and the short internode spacing is like nothing I’ve ever grow before.
The stem in so tacky with resin that your fingers stick together.
This plant is so stout that it will need no support.
Has a skunky anise smell when disturbed.

Plant #2 is a bit lankier. Growth is a bit slower than its sister. A much heavier feeder too. I gave her a little compost tea and that greened the lower leaves up nicely.
This one has a dill pickle aroma when handled.

Plan to put them in the flower room in a couple weeks.

Stay tuned.

22 Likes

That sounds promising, the “anise” part more so than the “skunk” part. A lot of those “Sativa”-type things have that anise smell going on, noticed it a lot. I can’t say whether or not that’s a defining characteristic of Kali Mist, though, since I’ve neither grown nor smoked it haha.

5 Likes

I’ve never had the pleasure of trying Kali Mist either. And the mystery of the male makes it all the more interesting. But from what I’ve read in the forums, Kali Mist is a very memorable variety.
Whatever other characteristics the KMxE posses, it’s cutting rooted faster then most anything I’ve grown.

6 Likes

Back for the weekly update.

Plant #1 is a bushy monster. This plant was only topped once early on and it had done nothing but grow sideways since. Lol. It has very a sturdy structure. Super tight inter-nodal spacing.
I only stalked it to spread it out a little to get light into the center of the plant.

Plant #2 is coming along nicely as well. Plant structure is totally different from it’s sister.
It’s a much taller and lankier plant. Required the use of LST to manage height. The stalk is thick enough but the branches are more noodly and require support.
For plant size perspective, the purple pot is 25 gallons.

Will be moving them both to the flower room next week and that’s when the real fun begins!

18 Likes

The 2 KMxE are now in the flower room.
I’m strangely excited to see how these turn out.

KMxE 1

KMxE 2

20 Likes

Nice, bro…I have some of these and I’m curious to see how it’s gonna finish up for you.

4 Likes

Hell yeah thank you! I’ve been contemplating on popping some of mine soon. Plants are looking :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Feb. 28 update.

Plants have been in the flower room for almost 2 weeks and have transitioned nicely.

Onset of flowering has been very quick with many robust bud sites.

Both are looking very healthy with no signs of stress or being nutrient deficient/toxic.

Have responded well to my style of training, soil mixes and lighting and overall environment.

Both also responded well to cloning with rapid root development.

KMxE-1

KMxE-2

19 Likes

They do look very good.

What style is that? They look like you topped the fuck out of them haha. Either that you or did a bunch of pinching?

2 Likes

Lol! That about sums it up. These plants were topped at the 4th node. Then fimmed three more times through out the vegging cycle. They really wanted to be single cola plants, but again, that’s not my style. I love a bush!

3 Likes

Who doesn’t? :smile_cat:

3 Likes

Nice looking plants ! And nice job on all the training too !

2 Likes

March 4th

We’re about 3 weeks into flower.
Plants seem to have finished the stretch faze and are now and buds are swelling.
These 2 couldn’t be more different structurally.
But what would you expect from such diverse genetic inputs.
Everything is going quite well and and very pleased with this strains traits so far.

KMxE1
This one has such a stout, stocky structure. It stays low and is a natural lateral brancher.

KMxE2
This lanky lady would be 7 feet tall if I hadn’t trained her. Her structure is thin and noodley. Would need major support if grown outdoors.

17 Likes