Bodhi's Sweaty Unicorn 2024 Freebie Organic Run

For anyone interested in this strain…

I have one female I am growing organically indoors in Build-A-Soil 3.0

I’ll be documenting overall plant unfoldment & any personal notes on this strain (not how/what I feed or environment). Enjoy!

Germination Day 5 Day 10 Day 14 - Transplanted 5-Gallon

27 Likes

What’s the straw for, or w/e that is? Just curious. Hope all goes well!

3 Likes

It is my “mulch layer”. Helps to keep soil moist and break down organic matter for nutrients… I have a cover crop germinating under which grows with the plant. This helps with root development and water aeration. It builds a “relationship” in the soil and feeds the system.

The cannabis feeder roots love this layer and when I top dress they are healthy and ready for it… Also, I chop and drop the cover crop (clover) to feed the soil.

5 Likes

Nice, thanks for explaining. I know tons of people do companion cropping and mulching. Grow :deciduous_tree:!

Paws

5 Likes

Nice man hell yea. I have some of those beans and I’m excited to see what she does.

3 Likes

Day 15 (I’ll post a picture every 5-10 days) Super easy transplant, no shock… Good color/structure

6 Likes

Day 20: ~ 1-2 weeks until flipping to flower. It is a 5-gallon so I don’t want to veg too long. Comparing where it was 5 days ago, you’ll notice the jump in height…

6 Likes

Day 25: Very nice growth.

Best in my room and filled out the entire 5gal container less than 2-weeks from transplant. All other plants are ready to flip so I am going to pre-bloom her (18 to 16) and flip it to 12/12 in a week. I also topped it as I want to maximize yield in this size container. You should see the tops ready for flower in the next post (day 30)!

8 Likes

Man, that’s some healthy growth right there! Nice job.

1 Like

Very nice, looking healthy af. What’s the rationale behind pre-bloom hours if i can ask?

3 Likes

I like to “mimic nature” and ease them into 12/12… probably just my own preference though. No science behind it. Personally, I feel if they can sense 12 hour to begin to flower then they can also sense the daylight hours shortening. Maybe internally it allows a smoother transition of hormone activity and less stress into flowering?

2 Likes

I’m adding this day-after picture from her topping for anyone who applies this high stress training method. She honestly didn’t flinch to the topping, and it seems the hormones already shifted energy… Growth continues and no sign of stress!

Bodhi’s Sweaty Unicorn has really impressed germ-seed-veg. I haven’t seen her flower on OG or any online forums, so it will be new to us all. I’ll be flipping her soon at the rate my tent is growing.

7 Likes

WOW! That looks really healthy! Especially after topping. Following this topic to see the flowers, best of luck.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG! Appreciate the first comment… I’d imagine you got the Sweaty Freebie?

1 Like

Day 30: It is amazing how much a plant grows in 5-days. While it is not so symmetrical right now, the tucking and weaving daily helps get the few side branches up to par with the 4 sprouting beautifully on the canopy.

She is probably 3 days away from flipping! While I have no set date, I must flip soon to keep up with the other plants in the tent.

I’ll be back with an update in about 2 weeks (after a long trip)

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I was away for 10 days and when I got back the Sweaty Unicorn hermed…
I had to take it out as I have 6 other ladies flowering.

I remember seeing this happen on the same genetics from an older post(a tester for Bodhi), although I will not blame solely genetics for this.

It was the healthiest plant in my garden this run and unfortunately my lack of tending seemed to have stressed it. I found well over 20 pollen sacs upon returning.

Temps got a little warm when I was away (84) and it stretched much much much more than I anticipated. It was too close to the light for my liking. I left it plenty of room and it grew around 1-2 feet in 9 days… another thing to consider for anyone interested in this freebie.

The water levels were great and the stems were sooooo thick. Green and praying as well.
It was either the heat, distance to light, or genetic.

While it sucks to lose this plant, I’ll have a beautiful round of new Bodhi strains going once my other ladies are harvested.

Look for diaries for DLA 5.3, Dragonade, Holy Hand Grenade, and possibly Good Karma next run!!

Appreciate you all :seedling:

Image from before my trip 10 days ago. :expressionless:

6 Likes