Bog Seeds Availability Info

Quit showing off Doug!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: It’s going to be really hard now to distinguish the old from the new. That’s going to be the only problem with James releasing repro’s of bogs gear. It’s a lot easier to trust Tony’s word on the subject. Granted James was closely working with bog back in the day and Tony has been doing work with bogs gear for years now.

5 Likes

I agree. I have been concerned about the lack of anything out of JR. I hear lots of rumors about him picking up the torch but his lack of communication with all the faithful BOG customers has really killed most of my faith in what is being released. It’s a shame.

8 Likes

Well, I think what Tony said hits the nail on the head. I was talking to Tony a few days ago about it. If Jr had the passion his dad did then he would be out here carrying on his legacy and his dad’s work. I think the lack of having a face just shows Jr isn’t in it like bog was. And if James hasn’t reached out to Jr and asked if he could make money off his dad’s work, then that’s just one more guy in this industry that shouldn’t be trusted. He’s raised the prices from 60 to 80 a pack. He wanted to make it a bill a pack.

5 Likes

Well I figure anyone that wont communicate with their customers really doesn’t deserve them. That’s just my opinion. I know he is not big online but that means very little. I don’t think anyone expected an online marketing campaign but a few words would have gone a long way. After all, it was his dad’s business, not his. If he was going to try to retain all his dads customers he could at least acknowledge them.

8 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Not going through a third party and having them do all the work for you. Luckily there’s people like us carrying on the genetics for a good cause. I just want to collect them all, preserve them, and keep his legacy alive. Maybe one day I’ll put in the time and work the lines

7 Likes

One day I hope I get a chance to run BOG gear even if it’s not an original pack but a reproduction run done by members here

I always thought it was strange that they restocked his gear in such quantity so long after his passing…

But now I know not to waste my time/money on those beans and maybe I’ll snag some BOG goodies in a giveaway of yours @DougDawson

So glad the truth is on here and I didn’t buy a bunch of those packs without realizing they weren’t genuine.

5 Likes

I just finished up an open pollination of bog bubble. Just donate for shipping and a pack will head your way. Getting some packs out this saturday

13 Likes

Man that would be amazingly generous! I’ll DM you later today no doubt @Cyr_grow

4 Likes

That’s probably yours and everyone else’s best bet.

5 Likes

Tony is strictly referring to the Sour Bubble on this post. I personally don’t believe that all of these latest SHN drops are F2’s from James Bean. I popped two full packs of bog bubble and only 8 of them broke through soil, which I think would lend further truth to these seeds being on the older side.

All 6 females have nearly identical structure to the Bog Bubble I grew years ago. IMO, it is not safe to assume whatsoever that Tony’s conspiracy theory around this is true in regards to ALL of these latest BOG strain drops…maybe some truth to the sour bubble though.

7 Likes

The problem is James is a 3rd party and Jr. is mute. Until that point is resolved I will have a hard time trusting anything coming from that camp. While I would love to have faith in Jr. he has given nobody any reason too. That leaves us having to believe the story of the guy selling the seeds with no corroboration. Hard to to take the word of the salesmen since he is trying to sell you something. I can’t say what the deal is one way or another but to me if Jr. does not want to come out and explain I think I am done buying new stuff from them.

12 Likes

I think what Tony was getting at is that Jr is not doing the work. James may be having someone do it for him while reaping rewards from bogs name and the rarity of the genetics. If he does have old stock he got from Jr that were in a mason jar left from bog, then you’d think eventually he would run out. I feel we may never know the truth behind all this unfortunately.

6 Likes

I also feel that Tony said it best when we were chatting the other day about this. Jr wanted nothing to do with what his dad did. He never had the passion that his dad did for the plant. He has his own career outside of marijuana.

7 Likes

I believe that as well. However, I don’t believe that James Bean is some scammer and that he’s doing the breeding here. Maybe time will tell if the BOG genetics ever run dry on SHN…or if they are constantly restocked, raise the red flag!

But…for what it’s worth, at the moment my Bog Bubbles all look like Bog Bubble of old :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’d be interested in some if available .

2 Likes

200 packs of each strain each time, 160k rips smh…

7 Likes

I know the truth. The pheno ratio doesn’t lie. Is he only pulling totem pole non branchers out of the jar 99% of the time ha!

6 Likes

The thing is bog bubble ain’t sour bubble. bogs admitted error of mixing on a tray of pre 98 bubba one year added the pheno that don’t lie.

When you cross two bubba leaners you get more bubba, it’s that strong phenotypically.

Bog bubble that didn’t happen. But I wouldn’t be too sure lol…

3 Likes

I’ll take anyone’s word who’s been growing bogs gear for over a decade any day rather than some guy slinging beans

6 Likes

One more glitch in the story.

You can f2 boggle gum all day and they’ll look the same, it’s bubblegum, another inbred line. Boggle gum is full sib inbreeding of Ben dronkers bubblegum that was already worked well. There was never any additional genetics mixed in to leave a trail in the phenos.

11 Likes