Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

hemp and cannabis are the same plant. the law makes a distinction between the two, science does not. what is sold as smokable hemp flower is just the plant we all know and love bred to express high percentages of other cannabinoids (cbd and cbg are the most common) instead of high thc. as far as the rest of the plant goes, you are correct- it has many uses that we can finally take advantage of thanks to the change in federal law. “hemp” bud is indistinguishable from the bud we are used to until you smoke it or lab test it.

4 Likes

Pulled from piece below;

…suggesting the “industry has overestimated how much the country’s pot-smokers can burn through — and underestimated the illegal market’s ability to respond to competition.”

On that last point, surveys up north indicate legalization did not make the underground economy dry up: just “28% of users claim they only purchase cannabis products from government-sanctioned retailers. That means 72% of the more than 5 million Canadians, age 15 and up, who reported recently using marijuana are looking to illegal sources — online dispensaries, unlicensed dispensaries and dealers — for cannabis products.”

2 Likes
1 Like

…these scaminars are popping up in states where marijuana has been made legal ,

2 Likes
2 Likes

Any medical inventory 30 days old at the dual licensed shops can be transferred to recreational regardless of what current medical prices are. Of course the state will benefit from higher taxes on recreational.
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/11/surprise-decision-means-recreational-marijuana-available-in-michigan-dec-1.html

The state announced existing medically licensed businesses that are pursuing equivalent recreational licenses may transfer up to half their inventory, which is already deemed legal and has been tested for the medical marijuana market, to the recreational side for general sales.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2019/12/michigans-first-recreational-marijuana-customers-camped-outside-store-overnight.html

3 Likes

Wow.
I’m glad I have plenty and don’t need to stand in those lines… :slight_smile:

2 Likes
4 Likes

86 years old. Been smoking pot for a fucktonne of years.
Now giving it up, because, fucking 86(!) and his lungs hurt.
Can someone send Willie some gummie bears please?
Take your pick on the links.

3 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

God I hate when numbers are reduced by percentages. Am I the only one? Would it make 1000% more sense if the “sales went down to 42%” or something like, “they lost 60% of their sales volume”. How the hell do I reduce a number 236 fricken percent, divide by 2.36?

(I should move this to the pet peeve thread. lmao)

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Not cannabis specific but interesting. Listen to your plants!

5 Likes
1 Like

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/southwest-valley/2019/10/11/mcso-drug-bust-more-than-240-pounds-marijuana-seized-tonopah/3949364002/

Subcool got raided. :astonished:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

This isn’t the study I meant to find, but nonetheless.
_
(This one was.)

3 Likes

Merry Christmas to all

2 Likes