Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

yes, I know here in Massachusetts the political class is involved in the illegal drug rackets and much, much more. Electric utilities run by the Irish mafia. Gambling.

Also Pharma is well-served by keeping cannabis prices at $300-$400 per ounce. Basically accomplishes the same goal as Prohibition, keep cannabis expensive enough that Pharma’s products are more affordable when purchased through insurance.

3 Likes

Pathetic.
This is precisely why more individuals should grow their own.

Overgrowing is the only way to keep clear of the corrupt dysfunctional governments.

3 Likes

Do you mean to tell me I can’t count my personally grown weed for my own use at $300-$400 per oz. In cash value saved by not feeding the beast?

2 Likes

Once upon a time on a planet far far away, I bought weed for $45.00 a quarter pound

5 Likes

Well $45 in 1969, adjusted for inflation, would have purchasing power now(2017)
of $306!!

I have not bought weed in a long time, I wonder how much 1/4 lb would cost nowadays?

2 Likes

Scams abound.

3 Likes
2 Likes

$306.00 will buy about a “lid” at today’s pricing, provided you can find a kid that knows what that is. Back in the good old bad old days when a cop was just as likely to steal your bag from you as he was likely to make an arrest. In New York State the felony threshold was 5/8 oz. So the common lid was 3/4oz. But to keep out of prison for life it became 5/8oz. Thank you Nelson Rockefeller.
Back then if a cop didn’t steal your bag and send you on your way they might make you dump a smaller bag on the ground grind it about in the dirt and then send you on your way with a vague warning about next time. Or the worst thing would happen, they would arrest you and exaggerate how much they caught you with.

3 Likes

@Uncle_Al,
I lived in NJ back in my formative smoking days…late '60s.
I never was caught with reefer, but had a few close calls.
I remember “4 finger lids” for $10 to $15.

By the early 1970s bags became ounces which were supposed to weigh 28 grams.
We used to walk around with small scales like this to make certain it was a good count!

6 Likes

We called that a dangle, for the obvious reason. Only we bought them at the auto parts store where they came in a box labeled carburetor float scale.

3 Likes

$15.00 for a N.Y. lid was about right, nobody balked at a $20.00oz. of Columbian or Columbian Gold. Brick weed hadn’t got to us yet everything was fluffy and nice. Buds looked like buds. I remember feeling that something was up when brickweed hit and I got my first solid corner. Sure it weighed up the seeds were all smashed sometimes get moldy spots where it was baled wet and the juice ran all over. At first it was real hard to sell, people would pass on it,then come back in a day or two cause that’s all there was

3 Likes

Very slick idea.

4 Likes

I tried to download the DRUID app it is only for Apple IOS, I would like to play with it. Alas I am an Android user. I think it might be fun at parties, or Sunday afternoon couch cushions.

2 Likes

It does look interesting. It should be available for android soon…in development now.
I use iOS…it is 99 cents at the App Store.
It only has two reviews, both positive.
I may download and play with it later today…after I fog up some flowers.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

What an insufferable twit this Sheila Polk is.
A Sessions toady.

Reality is a bitter pill for her.

http://www.12news.com/mobile/article/amp/news/local/marijuana/marijuana-foe-wants-pot-billboards-in-arizona-taken-down/489022162

4 Likes
5 Likes

Salutations Calyxander,

It depends on the perspective. When i recognized the NIDA acronym i just stopped reading immediately as i remembered having this halloween remnant on my radar(1, 2) already:

THC testing is certainly a useful start but in Canada it would be undetectable levels of BANNED pesticides i’m most worried about. In addition lets consider IMO the mouth of individuals as Nora Volkow is only a weapon meant to fuel the drug-free world utopia.

If only someone could kiss her sorry face so she changes back into an halloween pumpkin or something!

But yes, if it were an actual pro-cannabic mobile lab maybe i’d want to use their services indeed. Even if it should be about THC-only testing, so far…

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

4 Likes

Wow.
The black market just loves this taxation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/sticker-shock-coming-californias-pot-market-50942926

4 Likes

I disagree with the whole scheme, cheaper weed is right across the border in a couple States namely Nevada and Washington. I have a close friend in Nevada who teases me with pictures of the “legal” weed he has bought. Prices are actually lower than the local market for the same product/brand name strain.

2 Likes

I’d like to punch that Nora Volkow right in the Gob to make her shut up

3 Likes